ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BadgerSet
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by BadgerSet » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Survivor07 wrote:Badger cheers for the heads up mate. So you are back to square one - if I were you I would apply for the same day now as processing time these days although 7-10 weeks is still quite long.
No, not back to square one exactly. My application is "invalid" but not yet "rejected".

If I resend them the payment page in time, and my payment is accepted, then my application becomes valid again. They still have all my paperwork and stuff. I should not have to do a complete re-application.

But this took 2 months to deal with. There is the obvious question of whether my whole application process will be delayed by that amount of time.

angel2015
Newly Registered

Post by angel2015 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi all, I have applied in CROYDON PSC in August on the basis of long residency. I have waited almost 5 hours. I had one friend with me with same status on that day and he got it after one hour. After 5 hours I query with customer service and then someone went inside and came to me and told me my case was being sample mean a new case worker was being trained on my case and now senior case worker was over looking it and I will be called soon. So I was waiting. After one hour someone called me amd gave me a letter that further queries need to be made. I asked the lady what happen. She just said their were not sure about my continuous residency and they need to check with other department and my file with senior case worker. She didn't mention anything about tax. That's all. Since then I am waiting.....it's now almost 2 months. It's so painful and stressful.
Does anyone in this group have same issue???
Does anyone know how long is going to take???
Why they are taking so long???

Sami007
Newly Registered

Post by Sami007 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:30 pm

angel2015 wrote:Hi all, I have applied in CROYDON PSC in August on the basis of long residency. I have waited almost 5 hours. I had one friend with me with same status on that day and he got it after one hour. After 5 hours I query with customer service and then someone went inside and came to me and told me my case was being sample mean a new case worker was being trained on my case and now senior case worker was over looking it and I will be called soon. So I was waiting. After one hour someone called me amd gave me a letter that further queries need to be made. I asked the lady what happen. She just said their were not sure about my continuous residency and they need to check with other department and my file with senior case worker. She didn't mention anything about tax. That's all. Since then I am waiting.....it's now almost 2 months. It's so painful and stressful.
Does anyone in this group have same issue???
Does anyone know how long is going to take???
Why they are taking so long???
Very sorry to hear this ridiculous treatment by UKBA,what is your time line?you had any 3C or 3D?tier1 General targets etc?even in normal case they are taking 7-10 weeks by post.

angel2015
Newly Registered

Post by angel2015 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:19 pm

My immigration history- student-5 years, PSW-8 months and tier 1-2+3 years

Sami007
Newly Registered

Post by Sami007 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:56 pm

angel2015 wrote:My immigration history- student-5 years, PSW-8 months and tier 1-2+3 years
You got no appeal or 3C&D in your time line.the only thing could be the targets during tier1.any declared self employment to UKBA on which you didn't pay tax after getting the visa?if you paid all your taxes and met the targets,I don't see any point to be worried of.

angel2015
Newly Registered

Post by angel2015 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:26 am

No I don't have any appeal or Gap. Yes my current visa in tier 1 General. My both extension was via salary not self employed. On that day when they gave me the letter, I asked why they couldn't make the decision today, she only said they were doubt my continuous residency and they need to check with other department-that's all. She didn't mention anything about tax or neither she asked for any letter. But it's been two months now. Just wondering why they are taking so long??? Is there anyone in this group same issue like me???

monirojjaman04
Newly Registered

Post by monirojjaman04 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:51 am

Hello all ,
this is my situation --need urgent advice pls..

entry clearance 2005 may
2008 student extension til 2012

applied for T1 entrepreneur with genuine TOEIC c1 but got rejected in 2013 and went to appeal(shown my uncle's bank statement which they hardly believe he will give us that money).

upper tribunal dissmissed my appeal in oct 2014. after 20 days i submitted FLR(O) and in may 2015 applied for ILR..
and now asked to attend for an interview on 30th oct in Liverpool.
I have got no idea what they might ask. please help.

angel2015
Newly Registered

Post by angel2015 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:53 pm

monirojjaman04 wrote:Hello all ,
this is my situation --need urgent advice pls..

entry clearance 2005 may
2008 student extension til 2012

applied for T1 entrepreneur with genuine TOEIC c1 but got rejected in 2013 and went to appeal(shown my uncle's bank statement which they hardly believe he will give us that money).

upper tribunal dissmissed my appeal in oct 2014. after 20 days i submitted FLR(O) and in may 2015 applied for ILR..
and now asked to attend for an interview on 30th oct in Liverpool.
I have got no idea what they might ask. please help.
Nothing to worry about??? They will ask when, how , where did you do ur exam? How many students were with u, how long each session was, who took ur exam, how did you pay and to who, what is toeck mean about this

taher
Newly Registered

Post by taher » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi,
My wife ,my 2 children and I will complete 10 years in the UK soon. I will apply for my children by post. what is the supporting documents I can attach with their application forms as each application form will submit individually as main applicant.
Thanks

aks_wk
Newly Registered

Post by aks_wk » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:19 am

I need an answer for my friend. He came here in 2006 and till 2011 he was on student visa then he applied Entrepreneur visa got refuse recently and hes going for an appeal, My question is can he apply premium service while hes on appeal ??? and 2nd question from 2011 till next year Jan he wont have any visa will that time count towards 10 years.
Thanks

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:31 pm

aks_wk wrote:I need an answer for my friend. He came here in 2006 and till 2011 he was on student visa then he applied Entrepreneur visa got refuse recently and hes going for an appeal, My question is can he apply premium service while hes on appeal ??? and 2nd question from 2011 till next year Jan he wont have any visa will that time count towards 10 years.
Thanks
Are you saying that from 2011-present your mate's application was not decided or hanging in courts ?

Uranium235
Newly Registered

Post by Uranium235 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:48 pm

hi moderators /omar/zeeali/survivor/quickreply/angel

please help , i apply 19 sept for ilr 10 years but no biometric letter till now how long does govt take for this please . Iam very worried as i withdraw appeal and apply for ilr . thanks

Cody
Newly Registered

Post by Cody » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Uranium235 wrote:hi moderators /omar/zeeali/survivor/quickreply/angel

please help , i apply 19 sept for ilr 10 years but no biometric letter till now how long does govt take for this please . Iam very worried as i withdraw appeal and apply for ilr . thanks
Dear Uranium:
These days home office is taking a long time just to issue a biometric letter,i received my biomatric letter after 2 months even though my case is straight forward,If the home office fees has been deducted from your bank account,then you should be fine.All you have to do now is to sit back and relax and pray to God ...Best of luck.

applicant77
Newly Registered

Post by applicant77 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:31 am

Hi Every One, Time to share a good news.

I have been granted ILR from Sheffield PEO on the 16th of October.
I want to share my Journey and PEO experience,

Arrived in the Uk on 10th of Nov 2005 on WHM'S visa,
Changed to Student Visa in July 2006, Granted PSW Visa in Oct 2008,
Applied Teir 1 (Self Employed + Job salary) Refused in April 2010 (Agents Mistake), Applied again Granted July 2010.
Teir 1 Extension Applied June 2012 (Self Employed + Salary)... Refused again Agents mistake, Appealed in tribunal.. Visa Granted July 2013.

Booked ILR appointment on long residence basis in Sheffied PEO at 11:00, 16th Oct.
Arrived at the PEO at 10:15, after a Airport style security check up, told to go to a counter to Register.
On the Counter Submitted all my Documents
1)Fee confirmation letter 2)Filled Application Form 3) Ielts (B1) 4) LITUK 5)Passport size Photos (2)
and Photo Copies of Passport(all arrival and departure stamp), Ielts & LITUK.

They gave me a token Number and was told to wait for biometric,
called for biometrics at 11:00, after biometrics was told that it will take an hour for a decision.
If you are leaving the centre please inform the reception.
at 11:35 the Receptionist called my token number and told that i have been granted ILR.....
Total time spent in PEO..One hour 20 mins... :D

I want to thank all the Moderators and senior members for their great help,
by reading different cases on this forum i gained knowleged and confidience.
Hope all of you who have been here for such a long time struggling in a foreign land get your ILR.

Uranium235
Newly Registered

Post by Uranium235 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:31 am

Thank you Cody for your reply.

Congrats Applicant77.

MoiMichMe
Newly Registered

Post by MoiMichMe » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to update the Google doc, but for some reason it won't let me edit anything. I'm very happy to say that I received my approval and documents via Royal Mail (signed for) yesterday, with a letter dated 13 October 2015 - so less than 2 months from when I submitted the application! :) I missed DX delivery of my BRP card the day before, so it'll have to be re-delivered this coming week.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their support and advice, and best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Sami007
Newly Registered

Post by Sami007 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:39 pm

applicant77 wrote:Hi Every One, Time to share a good news.

Applied Teir 1 (Self Employed + Job salary) Refused in April 2010 (Agents Mistake), Applied again Granted July 2010.
Teir 1 Extension Applied June 2012 (Self Employed + Salary)... Refused again Agents mistake, Appealed in tribunal.. Visa Granted July 2013.

Booked ILR appointment on long residence basis in Sheffied PEO at 11:00, 16th Oct.
Arrived at the PEO at 10:15, after a Airport style security check up, told to go to a counter to Register.
1)Fee confirmation letter 2)Filled Application Form 3) Ielts (B1) 4) LITUK 5)Passport size Photos (2)

called for biometrics at 11:00, after biometrics was told that it will take an hour for a decision.
at 11:35 the Receptionist called my token number and told that i have been granted ILR.....

Hope all of you who have been here for such a long time struggling in a foreign land get your ILR.
Congratulations:) Very nice to know.i am planning to go in first week of January for the same day service.my time line is student2.5+psw2+tier1 general2+EEA.please advise me two things,I switched from tier1General to EEA family member because I wasn't meeting the targets,the time spent under tier1 without meeting the targets is lawful or not?are there any tax issues on self employment?i will appreciate your reply

applicant77
Newly Registered

Post by applicant77 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:36 pm

Sami007 wrote:

Congratulations:) Very nice to know.i am planning to go in first week of January for the same day service.my time line is student2.5+psw2+tier1 general2+EEA.please advise me two things,I switched from tier1General to EEA family member because I wasn't meeting the targets,the time spent under tier1 without meeting the targets is lawful or not?are there any tax issues on self employment?i will appreciate your reply
Hi Sami007, My total earning for year 2013-14 was 13,000/- way below earning target, I think the main thing is you should not have any breaks in your residence, Employed paid your taxes & NI even if your earning is less than the target.

Sami007
Newly Registered

Post by Sami007 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 pm

applicant77 wrote:
Sami007 wrote:

Hi Sami007, My total earning for year 2013-14 was 13,000/- way below earning target, I think the main thing is you should not have any breaks in your residence, Employed paid your taxes & NI even if your earning is less than the target.
Thanks very much brov,that was my only worry.one of my friends submitted to UKBA 15,000 self employment which he didn't pay the tax in the tax return later on.his employment tax was ok though.did he need to revise his tax return of that year and pay the tax on 15k and then go for ILR ?

applicant77
Newly Registered

Post by applicant77 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:57 pm

@Sami007, I cant generalise, but as long some tax and NI have been paid your friend should be alright, but dont complicated your application by submitting unecessary Documents.

Sami007
Newly Registered

Post by Sami007 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:09 pm

applicant77 wrote:@Sami007, I cant generalise, but as long some tax and NI have been paid your friend should be alright, but dont complicated your application by submitting unecessary Documents.
Thanks very much for your advice.i am going for my own in first week of January for the same day service.

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:43 pm

MoiMichMe wrote:Hi everyone, just wanted to update the Google doc, but for some reason it won't let me edit anything. I'm very happy to say that I received my approval and documents via Royal Mail (signed for) yesterday, with a letter dated 13 October 2015 - so less than 2 months from when I submitted the application! :) I missed DX delivery of my BRP card the day before, so it'll have to be re-delivered this coming week.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their support and advice, and best of luck to everyone still waiting!
Congrats Moi , Could you give brief specs of your case. Thx

Congrats Applicant77 .

ahj
Newly Registered

Post by ahj » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:02 am

Hi folks,

I will highly appreciate your advice on situation below:

- I applied for initial Tier1 G in 2011 (Employed + part Self employed). For self employment period shown to HO was accounts closing on 28 Feb (Net profit around £10k) as I was applying in March 2011. However, when the accounts were closed at end of tax period 6th April 2011 the profit dropped to around £3k due to client not happy with services received and resulted in refund of the payment received prior to 28th Feb. Tax was then paid to hmrc on the £3k profit earned on year ending April 2011, NI contributions were paid accordingly. Please note net profit for the same year shown to HO was £10 while declared to hmrc was £3, for the reason explained earlier. Will this impact on my application for ilr, I am eligible for both LR & Set(o) next year?

-In the first year of initial Tier1 G leave my earnings dropped from the required level of earnings as I could not find any business through self employment and was only employed. However I kept paying NI contributions as I was looking for business, but eventually I had to close self employment at the end of the year. Will this impact on my application for ilr?
Please note since second year of initial Tier1 G leave for last threes I am employed and meeting the earning requirements for last three years, and extention of Tier1 G was granted in 2013.

Also, what would be the best rout for to apply for ilr in this situation LR or Set (o)?

Senior members or members who have been through situation please advice/comment.

Many thanks,

affiliate

Post by affiliate » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi guys, need some advice from senior members please

I applied for SET LR on 14 Aug 2015, got acknowledgement & biometric letter on 06 Oct 2015…biometric given on 07 Oct 2015 and waiting!

My history as follows:

September 2005 to May 2013- Student/Tier 4.
But leave was curtailed to 20 Nov 2012 (60 days curtailment) together with decision to refuse PSW application(no right of appeal due to 60 days curtailment). THIS DECISION LETTER AND PASSPORT WAS LOST IN POST. HO acknowlwdged loss of parcel on 12 Nov 2012 but didnot tell what the decision was.
I only became aware of decision on 20 January 2013 and filed Judicial review through a solicitor, because he advised any application will be refused being out of time.

JR went on till 14 Aug 2015 and applied for ILR after withdrawing JR…

I wrote covering letter citing the Syed case in curtailment where it says decision need to communicated properly follwing which HO had to change guidance which came into effect from 01 Occt 2013 and also stating that JR was the only option to exercise a right of appeal which should have been given to me considering the circumstances then…Also stated that any application after 20 Jan 2013 and 01 Oct 2013 would have been refused stating out of time application...Also mentioned Article 8 issues…

But funny thing is on 1 Sep 2015, I received Notice of liability of removal from Sheffield stating my leave ended 20 Nov 2012. I wrote to them stating that an application is pending, they wrote back saying they found the application now but still my leave ended on 20 Nov 2012, although no action will be taken but still liable for removal... I wrote back stating curtailment rules and bla bla bla..and waiting…

Any suggestions about anything else to do??? What would be the likely outcome??? Please advice

Thank you

svatuk

Post by svatuk » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:30 am

Survivor07 wrote:Thx for your reply Omor.Will keep you posted.

@svatuk - You need professional advice but from what I believe you should be fine as long as you had valid leave when HSMP was refused because back in the days I remember people used to file for HSMP with valid leave by submitting docs first. Now if you were not granted HSMP and all other subsequent LTR were processed normally then there is no case of deception and moreover you have established private life in UK --you can argue that way in court if it comes down to it.Try to find a solicitor who deals with complex cases of ILR and discuss first all the costs involved including JR otherwise you ll be facing a huge bill plus VAT ( Govt wants it cut :mrgreen: ) like my friend .

@survivor07

Hi Survivor
Many thanks for the reply.
You are correct, I was having the valid visa when my HSMP rejected.
What would you suggest in my case whether to go ahead or wait until the 10 years deceptions charges finish. Is there any possibility even after 10 years ban can they reject the ILR?

Anyway what happened to your friend, you did mentioned at the end of your post.

Regards

svatuk