ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

foufou

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by foufou » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:00 pm

hi every one , please any body know how long it take HO to come back to you after submit application for reconsideration , I sent mine last week , please advise , thanks

velcro22
Newly Registered

Post by velcro22 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:28 pm

mattias08 that sounds interesting as I don't think anyone was told about the need of re-registering with every employer if changing jobs during the first 12 months..Guess we all thought we had to register only once. Im only 12 days short of 12 months with my first employer so it might mess up my application too.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:07 pm

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/ccmmanual/ccm20110.htm

Here you can read about wrs. It does say you need to re-register I feel for you but as an EU citizen the most important thing was the WRS whenever you came to UK.
I do not think you have any good reason to ask reconsideration as in this case UKBA was right. You can try to reapply in 2 years as WRS was abolished in 2011 April

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:29 pm

Unsuccessful applicant can you please share your journey and reason, mistake, deception etc, it will be helpful for other applicant. Would you like to help others applicant?

fizzy888
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by fizzy888 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Rassel wrote:Unsuccessful applicant can you please share your journey and reason, mistake, deception etc, it will be helpful for other applicant. Would you like to help others applicant?
agreed!!!

dream40

Post by dream40 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi
Is there appeal rights if naturalization application refused

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:58 pm

dream40 wrote:Hi
Is there appeal rights if naturalization application refused
No there is not.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Mattias08 wrote:Hi guys,
First of all congrats to all fortunate enough to get their BC without PR. Unfortunately my case isn't so lucky and I have just received a letter refusing my application.
I'm a Slovak national, ... ... I applied in mid February through NCS, in June I received a letter asking me to provide evidence that I have spent 12months working for the same employer since registering with WRS back in 2005. I never even thought they'd be looking so far back and expected them to look at past 6 years, not the bery beginning of my journey in UK. I remember registering with recruitment agency but 1 week after I received my WRS card I changed jobs and failed to register again (wasn't aware that I had to register with every new employer) ...

Does anyone have similar experience? What action do you suggest? I'm absolutely gutted and very disappointed to say the least!
Thank you!
Martin
Sad story after striving for so many years.

This case may be of interest as WRS extension since 2009 has been ruled illegal by UT.
May be enough grounds for a reconsideration.

Ref :
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... c#p1247686

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

marios76
Newly Registered

Post by marios76 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi guys
I would be grateful if you could help me on this. Can someone be refused because of tax credit overpayment?
I am worried because i have this overpayment for working tax credit.
Thanks guys

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:19 pm

marios76 wrote:Hi guys
I would be grateful if you could help me on this. Can someone be refused because of tax credit overpayment?
Thanks guys
It really depends why overpayment happened? this could be a problem if you failed to report changes on time or you deliberately provided false info otherwise you dont need to worry at all if there was not your fault and its better to sort out with HMRC as soon as possible.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:57 pm

How us the £80 refunded? cheque or the card used to pay?
anyone know?

carowobusoye
Newly Registered

Post by carowobusoye » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 pm

hi,
i apply this year in july for british citizenship and even now after 2 months and half they didn't take money from my account .I kwon they received my application because council cheking service call for me and home office had my application.
Can somebody tell me how i can contact them for nationality exceptions? i want an email.
Thank you

RR17

Post by RR17 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:26 pm

carowobusoye wrote:hi,
i apply this year in july for british citizenship and even now after 2 months and half they didn't take money from my account .I kwon they received my application because council cheking service call for me and home office had my application.
Can somebody tell me how i can contact them for nationality exceptions? i want an email.
Thank you
I had a similar situation, payments debited in 9th week. I had to email couple of times to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and HO verified and debited on same day.
worth Trying..
And also please try to post queries in right thread...

marios76
Newly Registered

Post by marios76 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Ali1975 wrote:
marios76 wrote:Hi guys
Thanks guys
It really depends why overpayment happened? this could be a problem if you failed to report changes on time or you deliberately provided false info otherwise you dont need to worry at all if there was not your fault and its better to sort out with HMRC as soon as possible.
Thanks for your answer. i phoned HMRC to check they the lady i spoke said for some reasons the did not update my file for some reason eventhough i report changes. I was advised i will receive a letter in about 4 weeks to confim if the overpayment is correct or not. What i find strange is that i haven't received any payment from them since i reported the change in employment as me and my partner got full time job. I specifically asked them not to make any further payment. Which they did however on their system it shows only my partner was employed. I don t know where the overpayment came from. Even the lady i was speaking to was unable to find that

lavackdee
Newly Registered

Post by lavackdee » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 am

Hi guys, I submitted my naturalisation application in August 2015, after going through the different google searches I am very worried…I read the AN guide and accompanying notes as well as Boards and Forums, I have re-read them again and the more I read the more confused I get…in 2011 I got 3 points on my Driving Licence for Speeding, when I read the notes, I understood it to mean that Criminal Checks will be made, hence they would find out about my 3 points but any convictions, actually going to Court and being convicted of the Driving offense I would need to mention it. I was not convicted, I paid the Fine and got the points, was I right not to include this information, or would that be seen as being deceitful…different people have been told different things by the people at the NCS, and Home Office…wat is the right thing…if I am considered to be deceitful when will Home Office advise me of the refused application…by the way that is the only “thing” I have nomore Fines or Parking tickets after that incident in 2011…can someone please advise, I might as well request my documents now??? Very scared!! I did get my acknowledgement letter, as well as did my Biometrics...

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:51 am

You were better to have declared it! Even though it's not a conviction and you simply paid the fine, you got points so it needed to be declared. If you haven't declared it and when they do find out, it may look like you was being dishonest.

Maybe it's worth writing a letter to them stating you made an application but NCS said you didn't need to declare as it's only mi or but you felt you should

The way I see it as that only one fpn with points where fine was paid, is usually dismissed by the caseworker so declaring it wouldn't have made probably any difference, so that's probably why you have conflicting information.

lavackdee
Newly Registered

Post by lavackdee » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:57 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:You were better to have declared it! Even though it's not a conviction and you simply paid the fine, you got points so it needed to be declared. If you haven't declared it and when they do find out, it may look like you was being dishonest.

Maybe it's worth writing a letter to them stating you made an application but NCS said you didn't need to declare as it's only mi or but you felt you should

The way I see it as that only one fpn with points where fine was paid, is usually dismissed by the caseworker so declaring it wouldn't have made probably any difference, so that's probably why you have conflicting information.
Thank you for that...it does make sense just to have written this on the Additional information Spreadsheet hindsight ....so who do I address this letter to, I mean the rules state that do not send any more information unless the case worker requests the information, anyone with a format that i can use??

ieroglif
Newly Registered

Post by ieroglif » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi there.

I applied for British Citizenship on 19/05/2014.
Got a refusal letter on 12/03/2015 (10 months later).
Submitted a Reconsideration Application on 13/04/2015.
It has now been over 6 months and no decision (no calls or letters from HO either).

Frustrated...

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:55 pm

ieroglif wrote:Hi there.

It has now been over 6 months and no decision (no calls or letters from HO either).

Frustrated...
why were you refused?

ieroglif
Newly Registered

Post by ieroglif » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:17 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:

Frustrated...
why were you refused?
They said I have not spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK – here they may be referring to the time spent outside UK (under 12 months) when my mum was undergoing cancer treatment. Clearly, an absence of up to a year is permitted if it’s on the grounds of serious illness which it was. Supporting documents submitted.

Now after waiting for a year for their decision, it is definitely more than even 6 years.

I applied in the first place after being in the country for 5 years 2 months.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:24 pm

ieroglif wrote:
chocolateorange88 wrote:

Frustrated...
why were you refused?
They said I have not spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK – here they may be referring to the time spent outside UK (under 12 months) when my mum was undergoing cancer treatment. Clearly, an absence of up to a year is permitted if it’s on the grounds of serious illness which it was. Supporting documents submitted.

Now after waiting for a year for their decision, it is definitely more than even 6 years.

Ah okay!
Sorry about your mum!

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:38 am

ieroglif wrote:
chocolateorange88 wrote:

Frustrated...
why were you refused?

Very sorry to hear, shows the compassion of the Home Office.

ieroglif
Newly Registered

Post by ieroglif » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Thanks all. Now it's been 17 months altogether since I applied for British Citizenship.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:24 am

ieroglif wrote:Thanks all. Now it's been 17 months altogether since I applied for British Citizenship.
Very sorry to hear, in hindsight - no news is good news. Nothing we can do, but the carelessness of Home Office is really shocking.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:14 am

Hi all,

I would also like to share my experience, I applied in Feb this year with 5 year Tier1 + 1 year ILR criteria. I used Islington NCS where they took copy of originals and actual LIFE in UK certificate.

I was waiting patiently when I received the letter from the case worker asking for all my original documents on 22nd June - since I was travelling in two weeks time I sent them an email explaining my situation and asking for next steps, as per the letter. I received no response or acknowledgement from Home Office between my travel and coming back to UK.

On arriving back I had a refusal letter waiting for me, with the reason that I had made no effort to contact the Home Office - clearly a mistake on their part. I called the help line and was advised to fill out the appeal with the copy of the email attached.

So, I filled out the appeal form with the £80.00 ceremony fee and sent it off with all my originals (27th July). The money got deducted from my account on 10th Aug, with no acknowledgement letter from home office.

I called home office today chasing an update and was advised that the application is in review and has been added back to the queue in August. Called them again today for an update and was told their is no time line for re-consideration. I told them this was not acceptable as the refusal was a mistake by them in the first place.

Eligibility criteria:5 Years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria : Life in UK + PBS Calculator
Method of application: NCS
Date of application:10/Feb/2015
Payment method:Debit
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/Feb/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/Feb/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 16/Feb/2015
Request of original documents: 22/Jun/15
Email sent: 23/Jun/15
Refusal letter: 17/Jul/15
Appealed: 27/Jul/15
Fee deducted (again): 10/Aug/15
Date approval received: Still waiting
Date of ceremony: Still waiting

I'll now raise this with my local MP and seek his advice.

Best of luck for all those who are waiting.
all is well that ends well