ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric appointment letter has spelt my name wrong

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newtoforum
Newly Registered

Biometric appointment letter has spelt my name wrong

Post by newtoforum » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Is this going to be a problem? I have received a letter for my biometric appointment and they have spelt my name wrong.

Can I fix it on the day or do I have to send a letter to UKBA so they send out another letter??

it's a 4 letter surname and they missed out one letter. Who do they employ as caseworkers nowadays???

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Biometric appointment letter has spelt my name wrong

Post by ElenaW » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:44 pm

newtoforum wrote:Is this going to be a problem? I have received a letter for my biometric appointment and they have spelt my name wrong.

Can I fix it on the day or do I have to send a letter to UKBA so they send out another letter??

it's a 4 letter surname and they missed out one letter. Who do they employ as caseworkers nowadays???
You can ask them to fix it on their system during your biometrics appointment.
I tell it like it is.

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:02 pm

ElenaW wrote:
newtoforum wrote:Is this going to be a problem? I have received a letter for my biometric appointment and they have spelt my name wrong.

In last minute I notice that my dependends name is wrong on appointment letter . I already got reissued my appointment letter as address wrong. Now second one arrived with wrong name , can this be corrected at the time of Biometric appointment ?

sakman

Post by sakman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:42 pm

i got a similair problem,

on my wifes passport there have spelt my name wrong, would this be a bid issue as its just one letter, or should i have them change the passport with the correct spelling on it

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:55 pm

sreblog wrote:
ElenaW wrote:

In last minute I notice that my dependends name is wrong on appointment letter . I already got reissued my appointment letter as address wrong. Now second one arrived with wrong name , can this be corrected at the time of Biometric appointment ?

Just to benit of others who may come across similar issue. We managed to get the name corrected (spelling) at the time of biometric appointment. We were also slightly delayed in attending the appointment in time due to M25 traffic , but it was ok.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi, I just received my biometric letter yet they missing my surname. They got the first 3 names correct. I asked the post office to change it but they said I should call UKBA and request for another letter, which I can't be bothered waiting for another few weeks! So I did it with hope I can change it later. Is this going to be a problem?

sherife
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by sherife » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Hey null1639, did it turn out to be a problem.. I'm missing a middle name and have not received a reply or new letter from them.