ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

donbright
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by donbright » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:10 pm

ally007 wrote:HELP....HELP....HELP.... HELP....HELP......

Anybody that applied with his/her eea family member on the same PR application should please come forward and share their experience in the processing please? i applied with my eea family on the same form and after biometric, nothing again from the HO and it is now 7weeks. I noticed most eea national received their PR withing 4 weeks. please share your timeline if you apply with your eea national on the same form.

I want to apply with my eea family with the same form. The EEA (PR) form is alot and confusing. Can i ask you some few questions about filling the form?

ally007

Post by ally007 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:39 pm

donbright wrote:

Anybody that applied with his/her eea family member on the same PR application should please come forward and share their experience in the processing please? i applied with my eea family on the same form and after biometric, nothing again from the HO and it is now 7weeks. I noticed most eea national received their PR withing 4 weeks. please share your timeline if you apply with your eea national on the same form.

I want to apply with my eea family with the same form. The EEA (PR) form is alot and confusing. Can i ask you some few questions about filling the form?
Yes go ahead mate.

SS85
Newly Registered

Post by SS85 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:49 am

Hi

I am trying to complete the PR application form and had a few questions

Section 9: Empolyment history: The guidance notes ask for letter from employer, wages slips and P60s:
i. Is it enough to provide just one of these items for each year or do all 3 items need to be provided for each year (which sounds a bit excessive)
ii. Is it sufficent if I just provide this for the last 5 years? The guidance notes don't specify a timeframe.

Section 5: evidence of residence in UK
i. Has anyone tried providing p60s for evidence here. It is not one of the examples shown on the guidance notes but it would be the easiest thing for me to provide).
ii If p60s don't work then the most viable option is to provide bank statements from different banks over the past 5 years. As long as it is diffierent banks, is this sufficent evidence as the guidance notes require a "variety of sources"

Thanks

ally007

Post by ally007 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:49 pm

SS85 wrote:Hi

I am trying to complete the PR application form and had a few questions

Section 9: Empolyment history: The guidance notes ask for letter from employer, wages slips and P60s:
i. Is it enough to provide just one of these items for each year or do all 3 items need to be provided for each year (which sounds a bit excessive)
ii. Is it sufficent if I just provide this for the last 5 years? The guidance notes don't specify a timeframe.

Section 5: evidence of residence in UK
i. Has anyone tried providing p60s for evidence here. It is not one of the examples shown on the guidance notes but it would be the easiest thing for me to provide).
ii If p60s don't work then the most viable option is to provide bank statements from different banks over the past 5 years. As long as it is diffierent banks, is this sufficent evidence as the guidance notes require a "variety of sources"

Thanks

With my own knowledge I think i think 5 years p60s, 5years council tax certs is enough to prove your employment and residency in the uk and with few payslip per year for 5years.
Remember you need to make things easy for the caseworker as

FREU
Newly Registered

Post by FREU » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Hello,
I am new to this forum but I have been reading many pages of posts in this thread, not quite finding a case claose to mine. My wife and are both EEA nationals (French) and exercising treaty rights for nearly 15 years. We decided to apply for British citizenship but unluckily, the change in procedure on November 12th means we need to get the permanent residence certificate via the EEA PR form. I called HO twice and got contradictory information. One person told me that because we are both EEA nationals, we need to fill two separate forms, another that we could submit only one with one of us as family member. Now, I have been in full employment for the government in the same job for 13 years so my case would require relatively few supporting documents, but my wife started her own business so her supporting docs would be a lot more work to assemble. So, which is correct: two separate forms, or one form with me as the main applicant and my wife as family member? If one form, am I right to think I am the only one having to prove I was exercisng treaty rights as a worker? (ie much less paperwork to send)
As a follow-up query, one HO person told me I would have to provide supporting evidence for the last 5 years then wait 1 years from receiving the PR certificate before being allowed to aplly for BC, while the new guidance on the HO states that you can apply for BC straight after receiving the PR certificate if you provide supporting evidence for a five-year period finishing at least 1 year before the BC application. Seems there is some confusing messages here.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:20 pm

FREU wrote:Hello,
I am new to this forum but I have been reading many pages of posts in this thread, not quite finding a case claose to mine. My wife and are both EEA nationals (French) and exercising treaty rights for nearly 15 years. We decided to apply for British citizenship but unluckily, the change in procedure on November 12th means we need to get the permanent residence certificate via the EEA PR form. I called HO twice and got contradictory information. One person told me that because we are both EEA nationals, we need to fill two separate forms, another that we could submit only one with one of us as family member. Now, I have been in full employment for the government in the same job for 13 years so my case would require relatively few supporting documents, but my wife started her own business so her supporting docs would be a lot more work to assemble. So, which is correct: two separate forms, or one form with me as the main applicant and my wife as family member? If one form, am I right to think I am the only one having to prove I was exercisng treaty rights as a worker? (ie much less paperwork to send)
As a follow-up query, one HO person told me I would have to provide supporting evidence for the last 5 years then wait 1 years from receiving the PR certificate before being allowed to aplly for BC, while the new guidance on the HO states that you can apply for BC straight after receiving the PR certificate if you provide supporting evidence for a five-year period finishing at least 1 year before the BC application. Seems there is some confusing messages here.

As far as i know, you can only use one form and use yourself as the main applicant and all they need is documents showing you're exercising treaty right in the uk for the past 5 years and remember, sending bundle of documents will not help.. just make it easy for the caseworker and get your pr back within 4-7weeks as eea national.

Jennmac
Newly Registered

Post by Jennmac » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:33 am

Hello,

I applied as a non EEA partner on 1st July. I received my PR on 1st December and all documents and passports arrived o the 2nd. The PR was issued on the 27th of November so quite a quick turnaround from the date of issue to actually receiving it.

I have yet to fully look through all the documents I received back as the chronological and organised folder I submitted it in has disappeared. It is evident that they were mostly interested in my partner's P60 and payslips. I did have to submit a lot of evidence as I also has the extra burden of proving our unmarried partnership is legitimate and durable.

Very relieved that it's all over, 5 months to the day since it was submitted.

FREU
Newly Registered

Post by FREU » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:00 pm

ally007 wrote:
FREU wrote:Hello,

As far as i know, you can only use one form and use yourself as the main applicant and all they need is documents showing you're exercising treaty right in the uk for the past 5 years and remember, sending bundle of documents will not help.. just make it easy for the caseworker and get your pr back within 4-7weeks as eea national.
Thanks for this. I was re-reading the form and the corresponding guidance in detail, and I am puzzled: I put my wife as a family member (section 1.24, 1.25, etc.), nowhere I can see a box to state she is my spouse, nor the guidance asks for supporting evidence that we are married. The only time relationship is mentioned is in relation to the Sponsor (section 1.29) not to the main applicant (I will apply without a Sponsor since I don't need one).

somper
Newly Registered

Post by somper » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi all.

I've read this message board off and on for a few months - the posts have been helpful, so thanks, all. I now have a question of my own.

What tend to be the repercussions of requesting your passport back? Has anyone else requested their passport back before the application was completed? I've resigned myself to not traveling for the holidays but will almost certainly need to travel by late January 2016

I applied for the PR card as the husband of an EEA national. Timeline as follows:

Application sent: mid Oct 2015
Payment taken: 26 Oct 20115
Biometric information: done in early/mid November
COA received: dated 2 Dec 2015

Many thanks!

ally007

Post by ally007 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:11 pm

somper wrote:Hi all.

I've read this message board off and on for a few months - the posts have been helpful, so thanks, all. I now have a question of my own.

What tend to be the repercussions of requesting your passport back? Has anyone else requested their passport back before the application was completed? I've resigned myself to not traveling for the holidays but will almost certainly need to travel by late January 2016

I applied for the PR card as the husband of an EEA national. Timeline as follows:

Application sent: mid Oct 2015
Payment taken: 26 Oct 20115
Biometric information: done in early/mid November
COA received: dated 2 Dec 2015

Many thanks!

I also applied on the the 14th of Oct and received COA 4weeks efter. No more news from HO since then.

alisufyan
Newly Registered

Post by alisufyan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:51 am

alisufyan wrote:Hi All
I have been reading this forum for sometime, Information here helped me a lot when I was filling up forms.
I am non-EU national married to an EU citizen. We applier for PR together on 5 years basis. Here is our timeline;

Application sent: 11th of July 2015 (Sent with Royal mail Special delivery)
HO received: 13th of July 2015
Payment taken: 17th of July 2015 (Made with cheques)
Wife received HO email confirmation: 24th of July 2015 I have not received any emails
Biometrics demand letter Received: 27th of July 2015 Dated 23rd of July 2015
Biometrics done: 28th of July 2015

We have not received COA or any other communication since then. I will update this if I hear anything from HO.
Hope this will help others.
Update on our PR application:

We received all the documents back today 08/12/2015, along with my wife's PR and a latter for me saying my biometrics card will be sent within 10 working days. So it took Five months in total and I never received COA. We also moved home during this time and I changed my address online on .gov website.
Good luck everyone.

donbright
Newly Registered

Post by donbright » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:13 am

alisufyan wrote:
I have been reading this forum for sometime, Information here helped me a lot when I was filling up forms.
I am non-EU national married to an EU citizen. We applier for PR together on 5 years basis. Here is our timeline;

Wife received HO email confirmation: 24th of July 2015 I have not received any emails

We have not received COA or any other communication since then. I will update this if I hear anything from HO.

We received all the documents back today 08/12/2015, along with my wife's PR and a latter for me saying my biometrics card will be sent within 10 working days. So it took Five months in total and I never received COA. We also moved home during this time and I changed my address online on .gov website.
Good luck everyone.

hi and congrats to you and your wife. I am presently in the same situation right now, please what documents did you submit and also can i ask you question on filling the eea (PR) application form?

Did you apply as a dependant in which making your wife as the main applicant?

thanks

alisufyan
Newly Registered

Post by alisufyan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:31 am

donbright wrote:
alisufyan wrote:

Good luck everyone.

hi and congrats to you and your wife. I am presently in the same situation right now, please what documents did you submit and also can i ask you question on filling the eea (PR) application form?

Did you apply as a dependant in which making your wife as the main applicant?

thanks
Hi donbright

So we submitting our application together but on two separate EEA(PR) forms. We filled up all the personal details etc. and just double checked everything. If you have question about a specific part of form I will try to answer.
We submitted P60s/P45s for past 5 years for both of us along with payslips. Payslips were not for every month of five years, just 4 for each year. Submitted utility bills and bank statements same not every months bill or bank statement just few for each year. We also sent statements of our joint bank account along with some utility bills and house rental agreement which were like joint things, we both had our names on them. Finally, we had our marriage certificate and passports in this massive pack of documents. I did not send any photocopies and no return envelop and paid fee with cheques.

saramarcs
Newly Registered

Post by saramarcs » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 pm

alisufyan wrote:

Good luck everyone.
Hi alisufyan, congratulations!
I have applied exactly the same, with a joint application and also moved house changing the address online. The only difference is that I applied in only one form. We applied on beginning of October, submitted the biometrics but till now no COA and no other response.
Congrats and enjoy your relaxing time now. ;)

saramarcs
Newly Registered

Post by saramarcs » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Hi ally007, any news?
I have applied with my EEA family member on the same application and her as the main applicant, we applied on the beginning of October, I'd submitted the biometrics but then not heard a single letter from Home Office yet. Hope this waiting ends soon.
Follow my processing time:

Application sent (special delivery): 30/09/2015
Received by HO: 01/10/2015
Application fee (credit card): 02/10/2015
Confirmation email: 08/10/2015
Biometric Letter: 10/10/2015 (dated 07/10/2015)
Biometric Done: 12/10/2015
COA: TBC
PR: TBC

Good luck to us!!!

ally007

Post by ally007 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:40 pm

saramarcs wrote:
alisufyan wrote:

Good luck everyone.
Hi alisufyan, congratulations!
I have applied exactly the same, with a joint application and also moved house changing the address online. The only difference is that I applied in only one form. We applied on beginning of October, submitted the biometrics but till now no COA and no other response.
Congrats and enjoy your relaxing time now. ;)

@saramarcs, we also applied in the mid of Oct on the same forms and I received coa 4weeks after with right to work so I can't understand why you haven't receive coa also. Blessed

ally007

Post by ally007 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:49 pm

saramarcs wrote:

Hi ally007, any news?
I have applied with my EEA family member on the same application and her as the main applicant, we applied on the beginning of October, I'd submitted the biometrics but then not heard a single letter from Home Office yet. Hope this waiting ends soon.
Follow my processing time:

Application sent (special delivery): 30/09/2015
Received by HO: 01/10/2015
Application fee (credit card): 02/10/2015
Confirmation email: 08/10/2015
Biometric Letter: 10/10/2015 (dated 07/10/2015)
Biometric Done: 12/10/2015
COA: TBC
PR: TBC

Good luck to us!!!
@saramarcs, we also applied in the mid of Oct on the same forms and I received coa 4weeks after with right to work and since then, no more news so I can't understand why you haven't receive coa also.
In God we trust.
Blessed

jotoia

Post by jotoia » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:25 am

Hi all

Ive got a question please. I applied for permanent resident card as a family member of EEA national. I got it, card dated 3.12.15. The card is valid till 2020. And not card, not the letter or another letter which been sent prior to the card, saing that card will arrive in 10 days, none of them say my emigration status, like ive been granted ILR or permanent residency. This is my second card after the first one which was five year sticker in passport. So does this mean that its just 5 year residence card and not permanent residence card? Can somone advise on that please.

Thank you

ally007

Post by ally007 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:12 am

jotoia wrote:Hi all

Ive got a question please. I applied for permanent resident card as a family member of EEA national. I got it, card dated 3.12.15. The card is valid till 2020. And not card, not the letter or another letter which been sent prior to the card, saing that card will arrive in 10 days, none of them say my emigration status, like ive been granted ILR or permanent residency. This is my second card after the first one which was five year sticker in passport. So does this mean that its just 5 year residence card and not permanent residence card? Can somone advise on that please.

Thank you
@jotoia
I can't understand very well because PR normally valid for 10years but it your own case, it only valid for 5years which is strange. Got a question to ask you.
1- which card valid for 2020? is that what you received after apply for PR?
2- Did you receive another card after 10 days?
Explain better please

BOA
Newly Registered

Post by BOA » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi everyone!
It's Been a long wait, I have been reading through this forum and it has really helped me a lot..here is my timeline
Documents sent on the 20th of July
Biometric Letter Received and enrolled on the 29th
Of July.
Behold, I Got my PR today! It came back almost 5months

jotoia

Post by jotoia » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:02 pm

quote="ally007"]
jotoia wrote:Hi all

Thank you
@jotoia
I can't understand very well because PR normally valid for 10years but it your own case, it only valid for 5years which is strange. Got a question to ask you.
1- which card valid for 2020? is that what you received after apply for PR?
2- Did you receive another card after 10 days?
Explain better please[/quote]

A bit funny thing happened i guess. I called hime office and it appeared i might have mixed up forms and instead of applying permanent rc i maybe applied for just rc. So plan is like that ill send letter to Liverpool if they let me swop it thats good if not i have to put new application through.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I dont think anyone had similar situation.
Its really funny and a bit painful all the five months waiting gone in thin air, but sh-- happens.
Cheers everyone

mall
Newly Registered

Post by mall » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:32 am

Hi all,
I applied for permanent residence as non eea on 3rd November 2015 and HO received it on the 4th November 2015.I received biometric letter on the 18th November which was dated 13th November and sent back on the same day.The COA with right to work was received on the 25th November.
My question is when I received my COA,It came with the wording "Thank you for your application for derivative card"
Please,Has anyone got similar experience on their COA .I applied with the EEA(PR) form as a sister of EEA national.Your reply will be appreciated.Thank you.

raclette
Newly Registered

Post by raclette » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi mall,

Your timeline is similar to mine, perhaps slightly faster: I sent my application 13th Oct 2015 by next day delivery, payment taken 15th Oct, biometrics given 31st Oct and my COA dated 18th Nov arrived around the 25th or so. I applied as EEA national's spouse and my COA reads "Thank you for your application for a Permanent Residence Card."

Do call them to clarify that you have applied for permanent residence, because from their website it seems it is not the same as PR https://www.gov.uk/derivative-right-residence/overview

Hope it all goes smoothly.

raclette
Newly Registered

Post by raclette » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Lukas24 wrote:Hi am EU member want to apply for RP card got application from of 85 page's haven't got a clue where to start is anybody knows what pages or sections need to fill in please :roll:
Thanks
Hi Lukas24, having struggled with this form myself, I later realised that we do not even have to fill in the form to apply. A simple cover letter with supporting evidence will do! Here is a link to the EEA caseworkers guidelines : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf
From Page 19 of this document:
An EEA(PR) form can be used to submit an application. However, you must not refuse or
reject an application because it is not on the right form. A letter requesting a document
certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card, or an application made on one
of the previous forms (EEA3 or EEA4), is acceptable as long as:
 the correct fee is submitted with the application
 the applicant gives their biometric information if they are a non-EEA national applying
on or after 6 April 2015
Hope this helps.

mall
Newly Registered

Post by mall » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks for your reply raciette.I will call HO to get clarification of the COA.Thanks.