ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO request additional documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Medbj

Re: HO request additional documents

Post by Medbj » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi guys you got me really really worryied as I applied for my citizenship application with the same "Trinity college London- Grade 5" !!!! By the way it was issued in April 2014 and I used it as well to get my ILR !!!! What's wrong with that certificate as I made my researchs before applying and it was acceptable !!!! Answer me pleaseeeee

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:54 am

Medbj wrote:Hi guys you got me really really worryied as I applied for my citizenship application with the same "Trinity college London- Grade 5" !!!! By the way it was issued in April 2014 and I used it as well to get my ILR !!!! What's wrong with that certificate as I made my researchs before applying and it was acceptable !!!! Answer me pleaseeeee
I would first check to see whether the qualification is listed under the acceptable list published by the HO. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1279779

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:05 am

To the OP's point, I do know that when I applied for ILR in January 2013, I too was not required to show evidence of my English language qualification as I had met the requirements during my previous T1 application. This was clear in the guidance provided on the form, I had the evidence when I applied in person, but it was not requested.

Note however that I am not sure if this requirement changed in October 2013, when the English language requirement changed again. The OP may have applied during the transition period, as from memory the change came into effect on 28th Oct 2013.

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:33 pm

It's quite clear from HO guidance that if someone satisfied English requirement at the time of Settlement he/she do not have to demonstrate it again. So the condition is to satisfy requirement at the time of ILR after (28 October.2013).that's it. Just tick the already met requirement only. No need new certificate as requirement already met B1

New rules are for new applicants only after 12th November.
*The gravity*

Medbj

Post by Medbj » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:06 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Medbj wrote:Hi guys you got me really really worryied as I applied for my citizenship application with the same "Trinity college London- Grade 5" !!!! By the way it was issued in April 2014 and I used it as well to get my ILR !!!! What's wrong with that certificate as I made my researchs before applying and it was acceptable !!!! Answer me pleaseeeee
I would first check to see whether the qualification is listed under the acceptable list published by the HO. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1279779
" Anyone taking a test on or after April 2015 must use the one of following centrs" but I took my test on April 2014 and Trinity college London Centre (doesn't exist now) by that time was fine hence I got my ILR on October 2014 using their certificate....It applies on anyone getting his certificate on/after April 2015 but hey you never know how the HO would interprets simple English

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Medbj wrote: I took my test on April 2014 and Trinity college London Centre (doesn't exist now) by that time was fine hence I got my ILR on October 2014 using their certificate....It applies on anyone getting his certificate on/after April 2015 but hey you never know how the HO would interprets simple English
Yes, I'd agree with what you've stated, based on what has been published.

I'm curious as to whether there is anyone else, other than the OP here who has been asked to supply a new English language qualification - I.e. anyone who had met the requirement as part of ILR after October 2013 (with a qualification that was then acceptable but that's now no longer on the acceptable list). Or whether the OP's experience was just a one-off instance, where the necessary English language verification check was not done by the HO (an error on their part) during the ILR application stage. Hence was only picked up at the stage of naturalisation.

In general I'd have to agree with sushdmehta's comment... http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1281245

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:07 pm

Guys if u satisfied your English requirement at the time of ILR after October 2013 then no need to do test again just tick the ( English already met option) in form and that's it. New rules apply to those who did their test after April 2015.
It's clear from the fact sheet no more clarification required now. :evil:
*The gravity*

shakirsq

Post by shakirsq » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Language section is still confusing

Brief case history

Got my ILR in Sep 2014 on tier 1 route and for language requirement I checked option A degree taught or researched in English and I attached University medium of instruction letter which I used in my initial tier 1 general application with point based calculator print out

Note: with my initial application I also submitted UK NARIC statement of comparability letter as well for my degree

Sep 2015 applied for naturalisation through NCS for language requirement I checked option met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013 and send copies of my BS Degree, University medium of instruction letter and point based calculator print out as NCS staff suggested

On 8th Jan received letter from case worker requesting to send original NARIC statement of comparability for my degree and NARIC English language assessment letter also Life in the UK test pass notification letter I already sent them both original NARIC letters I don't know why he asked for Life in the UK test pass notification letter which I already sent original with my application however I explain this in my covering letter

I'm still waiting for their response will update

I would suggest who are in a similar case please do send NARIC statement of comparability for your degree also NARIC English language assessment letter no matter if you already satisfied this in your ILR