ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-signed and re-dated application - need help and clarity

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asiathepooh
Newly Registered

re-signed and re-dated application - need help and clarity

Post by asiathepooh » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi
I applied for the citizenship last August (via NCS) and I got a letter today that HO received my application on September the 3rd and going 5 years back I wasn't in the country that day.
The letter said I can re-sign and re-date the application and send it to them. I was told to sign section 6 again which is biometrics request which seems a bit odd as I have already done it. Spoke to some poeple from the help line they said sign section 7 which is a declaration.
Has anyone else experienced something like that? Not sure what my chances are now, and also nobody could answer me if my application will be considered by old rules (Pre Nov 2015). I am EU citizen but I applied before the resident card was required.

scorpion123

Re: re-signed and re-dated application - need help and clari

Post by scorpion123 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Your user ID is "Asia The Pooh", isn't that being dearly beloved?

Ironically, you're asking for help on a forum where almost all the users are immigrants and I, for myself being immigrant, found your ID very offensive!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:40 pm

asiathepooh wrote:Hi
I applied for the citizenship last August (via NCS) and I got a letter today that HO received my application on September the 3rd and going 5 years back I wasn't in the country that day.
The letter said I can re-sign and re-date the application and send it to them. I was told to sign section 6 again which is biometrics request which seems a bit odd as I have already done it. Spoke to some poeple from the help line they said sign section 7 which is a declaration.
Has anyone else experienced something like that? Not sure what my chances are now, and also nobody could answer me if my application will be considered by old rules (Pre Nov 2015). I am EU citizen but I applied before the resident card was required.
Don't feel so bad. You are most fortunate - oftentimes 'no proof of physical presence in UK x-years ago' could have led to instant fail.

See HO guidance around the question of date of application - may be of interest in your case:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6_v5_0.pdf

See section 6.3.15 & 6.3.16 (page 18+) regarding 'defective applications' & the date of application.

This may apply:
6.3.16 ... the original date of receipt can be taken as the application date
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

asiathepooh
Newly Registered

Post by asiathepooh » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:46 pm

scorpion123 wrote:Your user ID is "Asia The Pooh", isn't that being dearly beloved?

Ironically, you're asking for help on a forum where almost all the users are immigrants and I, for myself being immigrant, found your ID very offensive!
@scorpion123

I'm sorry if I offended you but my name is Asia and I like Winnie the Pooh hence the nickname, have been using that nickname for ages and nobody complained for it to be offensive.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:21 pm

asiathepooh wrote:Hi
Someone else who received their approval today has posted their experience under the topic below, after being in a similar situation to you. See
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1298720

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:40 am

Dont panic. Me and my wife applied through NCS in Oct'15 and unfortunately the date we signed the application does not satisfy the residency requirement of physically being present exactly 5 years prior to your application.

We both signed the application on 8th Oct'15. We both were away on holiday to our home country during the qualifying period. I returned on 13th Oct'10 and my wife returned on 26th Oct'2010. My application did not have any problem, but they sent my wife's application back with a reply envelope to re-sign and re-date the application section 6 (even though the NCS held our application until the qualifying time period and sent my application to Home office on 14th Oct'15 and my wife's application on 27th Oct'15).

Unfortunately my wife's application was sent back with the same letter context which you have posted, which was dated 8th Oct'15 and the home office received it on 27th Oct'15 (there was a received date stamp by Home office on 27th Oct'15) asking her to re-sign and re-date. We were a bit worried, but I took the application straight back to the NCS officer who dealt with our application. Luckily i remember her name and position. She saw the application and called someone at the Liverpool Home office (they have direct phone numbers to contact) and she was told by the case worker that the application signed date will be considered. Because the application was received on 27th Oct'15, she asked my wife to re-sign and date it as 26th Oct'15 as the application date. We did what was advised by the NCS officer.

Both our applications were successful. It would be helpful if you talk to your NCS officer through whom you applied before posting the signed application back.

sonu

asiathepooh
Newly Registered

Post by asiathepooh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:14 am

sonub4ualt wrote:Dont panic. Me and my wife applied through NCS in Oct'15 and unfortunately the date we signed the application does not satisfy the residency requirement of physically being present exactly 5 years prior to your application.

We both signed the application on 8th Oct'15. We both were away on holiday to our home country during the qualifying period. I returned on 13th Oct'10 and my wife returned on 26th Oct'2010. My application did not have any problem, but they sent my wife's application back with a reply envelope to re-sign and re-date the application section 6 (even though the NCS held our application until the qualifying time period and sent my application to Home office on 14th Oct'15 and my wife's application on 27th Oct'15).

Unfortunately my wife's application was sent back with the same letter context which you have posted, which was dated 8th Oct'15 and the home office received it on 27th Oct'15 (there was a received date stamp by Home office on 27th Oct'15) asking her to re-sign and re-date. We were a bit worried, but I took the application straight back to the NCS officer who dealt with our application. Luckily i remember her name and position. She saw the application and called someone at the Liverpool Home office (they have direct phone numbers to contact) and she was told by the case worker that the application signed date will be considered. Because the application was received on 27th Oct'15, she asked my wife to re-sign and date it as 26th Oct'15 as the application date. We did what was advised by the NCS officer.

Both our applications were successful. It would be helpful if you talk to your NCS officer through whom you applied before posting the signed application back.

sonu
Thank you sonu. That's very reassuring. And congratulations of course :) My only worry now is that I don't have the PR card as I didn't need it back in August.
When your wife was sending her application back did she send it FAO the case worker? Thanks again

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:02 am

She received a reply envelope with the address already hand written on it. She just had to resign redate and put it in the envelope. As the address was already there i had to send it as recorded delivery!!!

I cannot exactly remember the address, but it had some file number....queue number with some colour information eg
File no/- PP01/3245
Queue 3245
Red,

But it was sent to Liverpool address for sure

Thanks
Sonu

1kiril
BANNED

Post by 1kiril » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:52 am

scorpion123 wrote:Your user ID is "Asia The Pooh", isn't that being dearly beloved?

How is it dearly beloved? You must have been living under a rock if you don't know who Winnie The Pooh is.

asiathepooh
Newly Registered

Post by asiathepooh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Thank you guys for your replies. I'm getting a phone call on Monday from the council I applied with.
Can't say I'm too hopeful as I didn't receive a return envelope and the letter said my application date will be when my re-signed application lands in HO. So my guess it'll be considered under new rules (and they expect PR card) which doesn't bid well. I'll just have to wait and see.

Also, has anyone noticed the quality of the paper when you get any correspondence form H/O? :P

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:44 pm

hi asiathepooh,

did u get the whole completed application back or just a letter!!!

Discuss everything and double check with your NCS officer for completeness of the form. Also you paid for your NCS service, if anything was not compliant with the application the NCS officer should not have sent the application anyway!!!! Good luck

asiathepooh
Newly Registered

Post by asiathepooh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi Sonu
I got the full application back and the letter. I'm hoping the NCS officer will help me on Monday as I'm really annoyed with them. They should've noticed that but I should've noticed that too. I'm just worried that I lost all that money and if I want to apply again (if I don't get it this time around) it'll be a couple more years as would have to apply for the residence permit first. I know your wife was successful and there was another person on the forum but it looked like the applications were just continued to be considered. What I'm worried is they said once I sign it and send it the date of the application will be the date they get it. Which will probably means they will start looking at it from the beginning and I will get a refusal due to the lack of RP.
Also I wonder why they want me to re sign the biometric section if I have already done it. Looking at it logically I think I should sign the declaration. And also my declaration was signed with the August date. I know Monday is almost here but I cant stop stressing about it at the moment.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi Asia,

To be on a safer side, i have taken a photo copy of my previous application and also photocopied the one I have sent to them after re-signing and re-dating.

You must submit your application as explained above. The date of application will be
the date your form is received by the Home Office, Nationality Checking Service or
the local British government representative as shown above. It is not the date on
which you send it.

see page 18:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... hanges.pdf

In my case, the date you sign your application was considered as the date of application. Should they wish to consider your re-signed date, you have sufficient grounds to prove that you signed the documents during Aug'15 and it also was scrutinized by NCS officer. This proves that you went according to the rules in place at that time.

asiathepooh
Newly Registered

Post by asiathepooh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:52 pm

thanks Sonu

It says there received by NCS so they got it in August. I'll wait till I speak to them and take it from there.
I was really hoping to have it all sorted by now. I've been waiting 5 months so I guess one more day won't hurt.

Thank you again :)