ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Limited Company income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

theroyale

FLR(M) - Limited Company income

Post by theroyale » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi there,

My wife is applying for an FLR(M) visa with me (on ILR) as her sponsor. I am director of my Limited Company paying myself salary and dividends.

For the question, "Amount of income from this source" under "Income from self-employment", what is the amount I need to enter? Is it,

(a) Gross Profit (i.e. Turnover, or Total sales), OR
(b) Profit before Taxation (i.e. Turnover minus Expenes),
(c) Net Profit for the Financial Year (i.e. Profit after Corp Tax deducted), OR
(d) Simply the total of the gross Salary + gross Dividends I have paid myself during this Fin Yr.

In any of the above cases I clear the threshold of £18,600. Just trying to be accurate. Thanks.

theroyale

Re: FLR(M) - Limited Company income

Post by theroyale » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:44 am

Can anyone help with this? Our appointment is coming up next week... thanks.

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Post by MovingOn » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:28 am

I would have thought your salary + Dividends, but I am in a similiar position to yourself and no expert

How did you decide that your Limited Company was not a "specified limited company"?

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:35 am

I am thinking gross salary + gross dividends as well.

It is a specified limited company. Only when it is a specified limited company can you apply under category F or G. Extract from guidance notes:
The specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is a director of the company (or another company within the same group);
and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following
family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent, child, stepchild,
grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin; and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other
persons.

roadhouseblues
Newly Registered

Post by roadhouseblues » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:37 pm

theroyale wrote:Hi there,

My wife is applying for an FLR(M) visa with me (on ILR) as her sponsor. I am director of my Limited Company paying myself salary and dividends.

For the question, "Amount of income from this source" under "Income from self-employment", what is the amount I need to enter? Is it,

(d) Simply the total of the gross Salary + gross Dividends I have paid myself during this Fin Yr.

In any of the above cases I clear the threshold of £18,600. Just trying to be accurate. Thanks.
What if company have not done any tax return as it's not due and director of company have been paid salary since last six month which is higher then £18600. Can this salary be counted as Maintenance fund for FLR M.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi ,
I am in the same boat....it looks like that ours is a specified limited company. But i am self employed as well as director of limited company. And i have earnings from self employment as well. But the problem is you can not combine earning as director with earnings from self employment.

What i am not sure is whether a director can only rely on self employment earning (the earnings which have not been earned from same limited company)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:44 pm

roadhouseblues wrote:
theroyale wrote:Hi there,

What if company have not done any tax return as it's not due and director of company have been paid salary since last six month which is higher then £18600. Can this salary be counted as Maintenance fund for FLR M.

Thanks mate for your question. I am not sure about this and still inquiring information about this. As soon as i have update i will let you know

favour

Post by favour » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:25 am

[quote="roadhouseblues"]

What if company have not done any tax return as it's not due and director of company have been paid salary since last six month which is higher then £18600. Can this salary be counted as Maintenance fund for FLR M.[/quote]

Hello, does any one has an answer to roadhouse blue question above? I am going through similar now and I will appreciate any info. Thank you.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Hello,
I am in the same situation. My wife and child need to apply at the same time. We are both taking salaries from limited company. total salary is above £22400.

Do we still need company tax returns etc?

Regards