ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national spouse working term time and part time.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asif2133
Poland

EEA national spouse working term time and part time.

Post by asif2133 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:53 pm

my eea national spouse is on a part time/term time only contract with her employer. she works guaranteed 25 hours per week for 9 months out of 12. some time she works upto 30 hours but the contract is for 25 hours. job is permanent with no end date.

will i face any issues when i make an application for a residence card with her as my sponsor?

noajthan

Re: EEA national spouse working term time and part time.

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:02 pm

asif2133 wrote:my eea national spouse is on a part time/term time only contract with her employer. she works guaranteed 25 hours per week for 9 months out of 12. some time she works upto 30 hours but the contract is for 25 hours. job is permanent with no end date.

will i face any issues when i make an application for a residence card with her as my sponsor?
There is no specific requirement in EU law.
To be classified as work the economic activity simply needs to be genuine & effective rather than marginal & supplementary.

You can dig into the HO guidance on this matter for further understanding:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
- see page 11+
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.