ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help-HSMP Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khan
Newly Registered

Need Help-HSMP Visa

Post by khan » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:44 am

Hi,

This is Mr. Khan from Pakistan.I'll be 28th on this march 2004. I want to apply for HSMP.Some queries below: pls answer: Thnx alot

1- Do I need to fill out the form under 28 yeards old?
2- If I got a HSMP visa, what is the deadline I can leave my country? Can I come back after some time???
3- What original documents do I need to apply.
4- How much is the fee? is it 150 pounds?
5- How long does it take to process the application?

Any other suggestions/help in getting HSMP visa will be highly appreciated.
Take care
[/b]

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:14 pm

Mr. Khan,

1. The HSMP Team will accept your application as an under 28 category if it is received before your 28th birthday. Depending on your date of birth in March given that today is the 15th, whether or not you have all the relevant documentation to substantiate claimed points and taking into account postage times from your current location to the UK you may or may not have a chance to make the 'under 28' category. If you think you will make the deadline submit as under 28 if not then as over 28.

2. Your intial HSMP Visa is valid for 12 months and you can enter the UK at any time during its validity. Depending on your level of economic activity in the UK during those 12 months you may or may not get an extension of your HSMP for another 3 years i.e. time on HSMP would be 4 years. People who delay their entry into the UK or are absent for a lenghty period in the initial 12 months have little if anychance of renewal.

3. Refer to the HSMP guidance for relevant details on documentation. As a summary everything substantiating your points should be an original. You ask for advice on HSMP applications in your post - mine is that you read this document in detail to see excactly what is required.

4. Correct.

5. Current processing times are quoted as between 6-8 weeks. This would typically apply for a well documented application. Those where further enquiries have to be made or further requests for information from the applicant made appear to be in the 16+weeks time frame.

Good Luck

khan
Newly Registered

HSMP HElp Needed

Post by khan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:50 pm

Hi Kayalami,

Thanks alot for your detailed reply. Much apprecited.
Please answer the follwoing 2 more Q's

1- how should I write a cover letter for HSMP?
2- If someone doesn't get any point in payscale section of HSMP but still he qualifies 65 points, is it safe to apply?

Thnx & best rgds

JayGee

Post by JayGee » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:54 pm

Mr Khan,

1) Your cover letter should, at best, describe contents which may need further explanation or clarification. It could very well prevent HSMP Officer of requesting more information!

2) You do not have to score points in all categories to qualify under the programme, as long as you score a total of at least 65 points.

JG

khan
Newly Registered

HSMP Help Needed- One more Query

Post by khan » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:36 am

Hi everyone,

Please reply to me on the following:

1- Do I need to submit my previous six months bank transactions or just submit a letter from Bank Manager to verifiy that I have a bank account in tht bank which have XYZ Rs. (amount) in it? Please advise ASAP.

Thanx in advance.
Cheers
Khan

ho9

Post by ho9 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:01 pm

It always good to provide statement showing good funds available and also showing your economic activity.

khan
Newly Registered

HSMP Help Needed- One more Query

Post by khan » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:27 am

Thanx a million. You guys are Great and doing a good job.
Keep it up....

Khan