ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment income was not shown in Self-assessment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nadnuk
Newly Registered

Employment income was not shown in Self-assessment

Post by Nadnuk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:36 am

Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding employment income in self-assessment. My case is like this

I applied for Tier 1 general visa in Nov 2010 and my period of income shown to HO was Nov 2009 to Oct 2010. And the income shown to HO was 40K in which, 24K as self-employed and 16K as employed income. I had to file two tax returns i.e.. 2009-2010 and 2010-2011.

Below are the figures shown to HMRC while filing Tax

2010-2011: 17k (Self-Employed) + 13K (Employed) = 30K
2009-2010: 7K (Self-employed)
Total for both tax years: 24K (self-employed) + 13K (employed) = 37K

When I sum both the Tax years, 3K (Employed income) is mismatching with what I have shown to HO.

My doubt is, as I didn’t show the employment income to HMRC in 2009-2010, will that affect my ILR application OR it is not mandatory that we have to show employment income to HMRC because we get paid after tax deduction?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Employment income was not shown in Self-assessment

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:42 am

All income should be declared to HMRC and included on Self Assessment.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Nadnuk
Newly Registered

Post by Nadnuk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:55 am

Many thanks Wanderer. Does it affect my ILR application though it is an employed income?

Recently I posted my application and I don't think this will be updated with HMRC before I do my biometrics.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:13 am

def will raise a concern depending on the Case worker, HO will def match the income shown in previous applications with the fo,lowing Govt departments via the Open Government data Policy... Dont know the exact statue and the satutory instrument for this

- HMRC TAX/PAYE/SA
-HMRC NIC (employers contributions office)
-DWP if any.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:47 am

Even if your employer collected tax via PAYE, not declaring this on your self-assessment probably means that your personal allowance was applied twice (once by your employer which they should do) and again when you did the self-assessment. As a moderator will come and say soon, this isn't a tax forum.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Nadnuk
Newly Registered

Post by Nadnuk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:23 pm

Many thanks to all for your valuable inputs. Will try to sort this out ASAP.

And sorry for posting in wrong thread :)