ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New citizenship form UKF

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PinoyHarry
Newly Registered

Re: New citizenship form UKF

Post by PinoyHarry » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Guys!
I've been following this forum for a couple of months now and it is very helpful and it feels really great to see the progress of some applicants here that have been approved and almost done with the process. It's great to know that there are also some Filipino applicants here that some have already got approved (Congrats Kapatids!) . For those who is still in the process waiting for an update don't lose hope guys a bit more everything will definitely fall to plan. Anyway I'm here to share my story and timeline of my application (well, me and my older sister).

I'm Harry 23y/o, from the Philippines, dad is a British and mom is a Filipina who are not married. This law and opportuniy is an answer to all of our prayers. Me and my Older sister are applying at the same time.

August 10 applications and Documents was sent to UKHO

August 15 the 80£ was been cashed by HO without any acknowledgement

Sept 15 Biometrics Request letter was made by the HO

Dec 02 when the letter arrived in our home and surprisingly it was the 30th or last business day for us to submit our biometrics so we rushed and have our biometrics taken at the same day

January 15 when the Letter was made by the UKHO that was sent to my dad in UK (he received it on the 19th of Jan) and the letter states that our Application have been successfull and we are expecting to receive an invitation for the citizenship ceremony here in the UK embassy in Manila. The letter said that if we dont receive an invitation within 6weeks we should email the email address that they provided which we did today since until now we are still waiting for an update. Hoping that sooner or later we can hear again from them. Anyway Goodluck to all of us here and will update if something will happen :)

Any heads up what will happen next? Thanks!!

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:33 am

Hello again UKF hopefuls,

I already made an Oath on 24 Feb 2015 at the UK Embassy Manila. I am proud to say that I am now a British citizen.
I already applied for a UK passport online and will be sending the declaration form to the UK sometime next week as I am awaiting for it to be countersighed by our family friend who is a British citizen.
It is nice to know that there are also Filipino UKF hopefuls that are in the same path as I am, I haven't read all the threads because it would take so much time to read each one them since It was long ago since I last logged in to this forum, anyway congratulations Fil-Brits! Sa wakas!
And congratulations also everyone!

Best wishes,
g_barrie_g

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:23 am

Correction:

Oath 24 Feb 2016

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:50 am

g_barrie_g wrote:Hello again UKF hopefuls,

I already made an Oath on 24 Feb 2015 at the UK Embassy Manila. I am proud to say that I am now a British citizen.
I already applied for a UK passport online and will be sending the declaration form to the UK sometime next week as I am awaiting for it to be countersighed by our family friend who is a British citizen.
It is nice to know that there are also Filipino UKF hopefuls that are in the same path as I am, I haven't read all the threads because it would take so much time to read each one them since It was long ago since I last logged in to this forum, anyway congratulations Fil-Brits! Sa wakas!

Best wishes,
g_barrie_g

congratulations

PinoyHarry
Newly Registered

Post by PinoyHarry » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:47 pm

g_barrie_g wrote:Hello again UKF hopefuls,

Best wishes,
g_barrie_g

Hi barrie. I would like to ask if to whom did you receive the oath taking ceremony? Is it from UKHO or from the embassy in Manila? Congratulations again! please update how long would it take you to get a passport. Thanks buddy! Goodluck and congrats again!

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:04 am

PinoyHarry wrote:
Hi barrie. I would like to ask if to whom did you receive the oath taking ceremony? Is it from UKHO or from the embassy in Manila? Congratulations again! please update how long would it take you to get a passport. Thanks buddy! Goodluck and congrats again!
The invitation to a ceremony (oath) will come from the UK Embassy Manila. In my case, I did not receive it because my invitation was mistakenly sent to Cebu as per the representative in UK Embassy Mnl told me.

This is what happened... It has been 6 weeks from when I received my letter of approval from the UK. So as stated in the letter, I e-mailed them to inform them that I still haven't received an invitation from the UK embassy Mnl. After a week I received a reply informing me that the waiting period is within 6 to 12 weeks before I received a letter or call from the UK Embassy Mnl. Then on my 8th week, I received a call from a rep from the Consul Dept at the Embassy Mnl and informed me of what happened then told me to wait another call from them after a week. Then They called me the next week and gave me the shedule of my Citizenship Oath which was on 24 Feb 2016.

As for the passport, the waiting/processing time is 16 weeks.

Regards...

canabrit
Newly Registered

Post by canabrit » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:37 pm

I have a feeling something similar to that is what's going to happen for me (g_barrie_g). I'm at 4 weeks now since the 'acceptance' letter. So, another 2 before I can email and then... who knows? Maybe they get back in a day, maybe a week, maybe not within the allotted time to do the ceremony. This is why I never like counting my chickens before they're hatched. I definitely won't feel like it's really happening until I'm holding the certificate....

Antsmall

Post by Antsmall » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:46 pm

g_barrie_g wrote: As for the passport, the waiting/processing time is 16 weeks.
Wait - four months for a passport?!

PinoyHarry
Newly Registered

Post by PinoyHarry » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:08 am

g_barrie_g wrote:
PinoyHarry wrote:
The invitation to a ceremony (oath) will come from the UK Embassy Manila. In my case, I did not receive it because my invitation was mistakenly sent to Cebu as per the representative in UK Embassy Mnl told me.

This is what happened... It has been 6 weeks from when I received my letter of approval from the UK. So as stated in the letter, I e-mailed them to inform them that I still haven't received an invitation from the UK embassy Mnl. After a week I received a reply informing me that the waiting period is within 6 to 12 weeks before I received a letter or call from the UK Embassy Mnl. Then on my 8th week, I received a call from a rep from the Consul Dept at the Embassy Mnl and informed me of what happened then told me to wait another call from them after a week. Then They called me the next week and gave me the shedule of my Citizenship Oath which was on 24 Feb 2016.

As for the passport, the waiting/processing time is 16 weeks.

Regards...
Thanks for replying brotha! Sooner or later we'll be in touch with the embassy for sure. Reading sone posts here I saw an applicant who just got the passport after a week of process. Does it really take 16weeks? Will appreciate it much if you'll update us here how long will it took you. I'll give an update too soon as we took our oath :)

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:40 am

Antsmall wrote:
g_barrie_g wrote: As for the passport, the waiting/processing time is 16 weeks.
Wait - four months for a passport?!
Different countries have different processing times. Passport processing in Singapore is only 8 weeks, I have planned to lodge my application from there (just like when I enrolled my Biometrics I chose Singapore in their system) but I could no longer use my Phl passport bec I have lost my Filipino citizenship the moment I made an oath at the UK Embassy.

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:48 am

canabrit wrote:I have a feeling something similar to that is what's going to happen for me (g_barrie_g). I'm at 4 weeks now since the 'acceptance' letter. So, another 2 before I can email and then... who knows? Maybe they get back in a day, maybe a week, maybe not within the allotted time to do the ceremony. This is why I never like counting my chickens before they're hatched. I definitely won't feel like it's really happening until I'm holding the certificate....
Hi canabrit,
From the date of the acceptance letter, the applicant has only 12 weeks (3 months) to make an oath. I was frustrated on my case because my deadline is on 4 March 2016. It is advisable to e mail them as stated in the letter.

Congratulations!

Regards...

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:05 am

PinoyHarry wrote:
Thanks for replying brotha! Sooner or later we'll be in touch with the embassy for sure. Reading sone posts here I saw an applicant who just got the passport after a week of process. Does it really take 16weeks? Will appreciate it much if you'll update us here how long will it took you. I'll give an update too soon as we took our oath :)
Is he applying from the Philippines? If so That will be a relief. Anyway, processing time is not literally 16 weeks it is actually "within" 16 weeks. Just like the UKF processing time is "within" 6 months and fortunately my application only took 4 months until I received the approval.

Go to their website and check for the processing time of different countries.

And just to let everyone know, unlike UKF applications we can check the status of our passport online. There are 4 categories of status. Mine is at 1st category which simply translates to: they are waiting for my declaration form and supporting docs to be received by Her Majesty's office. I advise you all to check Her Majesty's online passport application website for more information.

Regards...

mbianco21
Newly Registered

Re: New citizenship form UKM

Post by mbianco21 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Update.

Timeline:
UKM application submitted: July 8th, 2015
Application acknowledgement: August 25, 2015
Biometric delay letter #1 received: August 25, 2015
Biometric delay letter #2 received: Nov 6, 2015
Sent request for Biometric appointment in Vancouver on Nov 7, 2015.
Received Biometric appointment letter for appointment in Vancouver November 21, 2015
Completed Biometric appointment November 24, 2015 in Vancouver
Received UKM approval letter from Home office January 11, 2015
Ceremony invitation (via email): March 1, 2016
Ceremony (Los Angeles Consulate): March 22, 2016

canabrit
Newly Registered

Post by canabrit » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:48 pm

mbianco21 wrote:Update.

Timeline:
UKM application submitted: July 8th, 2015
Application acknowledgement: August 25, 2015
Biometric delay letter #1 received: August 25, 2015
Biometric delay letter #2 received: Nov 6, 2015
Sent request for Biometric appointment in Vancouver on Nov 7, 2015.
Received Biometric appointment letter for appointment in Vancouver November 21, 2015
Completed Biometric appointment November 24, 2015 in Vancouver
Received UKM approval letter from Home office January 11, 2015
Ceremony invitation (via email): March 1, 2016
Ceremony (Los Angeles Consulate): March 22, 2016
Great stuff, mblanco21. Congrats! Can I ask, did you email on the 6 week mark about not getting an invitation yet? How long did it take Home Office to respond, or did nothing happen until the consulate got in touch?

mbianco21
Newly Registered

Post by mbianco21 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:08 pm

Sorry for the delayed response.

So, yes. I emailed them (Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) after 6 weeks. After two weeks I got a response. It said:

"I can confirm your documents were dispatched to USA on 15th January 2016. Please note, documents being sent abroad can take between 8-12 weeks to arrive. The Consulate have all your information and should contact you shortly to arrange your ceremony."

Crazy I know. 8-12 weeks???? Anyway, then on March 1 I received the invitation from the Washington, D.C. Embassy. I contacted the very nice and helpful representative (I am not being cynical; she was very helpful) there and requested to attend the ceremony in Los Angeles (I live in Arizona). She made it happen. So, all is good now. Hope that helps, I know any information is better than nothing! Thank you.

TD_Johnston
Newly Registered

Post by TD_Johnston » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:29 pm

g_barrie_g wrote: Different countries have different processing times. Passport processing in Singapore is only 8 weeks, I have planned to lodge my application from there (just like when I enrolled my Biometrics I chose Singapore in their system) but I could no longer use my Phl passport bec I have lost my Filipino citizenship the moment I made an oath at the UK Embassy.

Actually you did not loose your filipino Citizenship when you gained your British Citizenship, under the Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act of 2003 (aka Dual Citizenship Law), Republic Act (RA) No. 9225, Which states that a Filipino who acquires foreign citizenship will retain their Citizenship of the Philippines. this act supersedes the previous 1987 commonwealth act no.63 which would automatically void your filipino citizenship. You have to however contact the Bureau of Immigration or nearest Filipino Consulate to register/declare dual citizenship and get a certificate of proof or you could be detained when leaving/entering the country. Under Philippine Law upon arriving and departing the Philippines you will have to show both passports and when/if requested the certificate of dual nationality must be produced.

The only way to lose your Filipino Citizenship is by officially renouncing it at the Bureau of Immigration or at a Philippine Consulate, of if declared by the Government/Court Ruling.

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:48 am

TD_Johnston wrote:
g_barrie_g wrote: Different countries have different processing times. Passport processing in Singapore is only 8 weeks, I have planned to lodge my application from there (just like when I enrolled my Biometrics I chose Singapore in their system) but I could no longer use my Phl passport bec I have lost my Filipino citizenship the moment I made an oath at the UK Embassy.

Actually you did not loose your filipino Citizenship when you gained your British Citizenship, under the Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act of 2003 (aka Dual Citizenship Law), Republic Act (RA) No. 9225, Which states that a Filipino who acquires foreign citizenship will retain their Citizenship of the Philippines. this act supersedes the previous 1987 commonwealth act no.63 which would automatically void your filipino citizenship. You have to however contact the Bureau of Immigration or nearest Filipino Consulate to register/declare dual citizenship and get a certificate of proof or you could be detained when leaving/entering the country. Under Philippine Law upon arriving and departing the Philippines you will have to show both passports and when/if requested the certificate of dual nationality must be produced.

The only way to lose your Filipino Citizenship is by officially renouncing it at the Bureau of Immigration or at a Philippine Consulate, of if declared by the Government/Court Ruling.
I know that law. I am not a Filipino citizen now unless I make an appointment at the Philippine consulate and make an oath. So legally, at this point in time I am British not a Filipino nor a dual citizen.

Thank you, now I know that one (a dual national) have to show both passports when entering / leaving the country.

PinoyHarry
Newly Registered

Post by PinoyHarry » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:04 am

Just got an update!
So after emailing the Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk after 2 weeks we got an email from the manila embassy and they called us also to let us know that they got the citizenship document and will about to set the ceremony soon as next week! Goodluck to all of us! :)

bright_star

Post by bright_star » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Guys who have already applied for passport, any news about it?

Fulgrun
Newly Registered

Post by Fulgrun » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:16 pm

For other USA applicants who opted to go to Canada for biometrics (mbiano21, NJprofessor, bfrenchfry I think)...

They are still issuing biometric delay notices and now are not reporting an anticipated timeline for resolution or to "report back." :|

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:59 pm

bright_star wrote:Guys who have already applied for passport, any news about it?
unfortunately none yet. I intend to mail them in the week ahead though cos they said you can contact them after 4weeks.
sincerely ,everything about the UK system sucks. :( it seems its practically impossible to have a stress free application with them.

SK413
Newly Registered

Post by SK413 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:21 pm

keji wrote:
bright_star wrote:Guys who have already applied for passport, any news about it?
unfortunately none yet. I intend to mail them in the week ahead though cos they said you can contact them after 4weeks.
sincerely ,everything about the UK system sucks. :( it seems its practically impossible to have a stress free application with them.
Hi.
My passport was done in 3 days. HMPO received my documents on 29-02-2016 and passport was ready by 03-03-2016.
Overall it took 2 weeks from the date I sent my documents to getting them back by courier.

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:05 pm

SK413 wrote:
keji wrote:
Hi.
My passport was done in 3 days. HMPO received my documents on 29-02-2016 and passport was ready by 03-03-2016.
Overall it took 2 weeks from the date I sent my documents to getting them back by courier.
ohhh , excellent!
that's what I expected too but its bin 3wks now apart from the money deducted 2nd day after submission nothing yet.
congrats

bright_star

Post by bright_star » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:35 pm

SK413 wrote:
keji wrote:
Hi.

ohh i see, i hope you can have good news soon about it, Keji!!

just an update about my application: thanks God, got my documents back and the acceptance letter last wednesday. they said i should hear from them shortly to book the ceremony. I am grateful for the support i found here! Still praying for all applicants who are still waiting.

hope to have the ceremony soon!

JJL
Newly Registered

Post by JJL » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:11 am

Hi Bright Star

I applied on a Tuesday and received my passport the following week Wednesday. It is so quick.