ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eawan
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by eawan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm

hello everyone,

i have had a lot of help from this forum, now time to give back, i am sharing my experience with you all,

on 9th of march i got my ILR on long residence basis.

entered in uk in April 2006 on student visa +psw+ entrepreneur which got refused appeal which was granted got the visa in october 2015 after 2 and half years (which was under 3C)

I went to PSC Sheffield for same day service,

i had one out-of-time application within 28 days,
also i had IVA running ( was worried whether its CCJ or not,,, infact ITS NOT)

went in the centre at 9:35 am
handed my documents and got token at 9:40,
then called for Biometrics at 10:00,
@ 11:25 called to handover my documents with good news, no questions asked at all..

for people on same boat please dont attach too much documents, keep it simple, (you can carry additional important document with u but dont submit, you can give it to them if they ask)

documents i submitted:
Application Form
All Passports with BRP
LIUK test
UK Degree
Covering letter from Solicitor( dont take solicitor with you its just waste of money )
Copies of all the documents provided especially copies of passports pages with entry/exit stamps

Thanks to Almighty all done now..

wish everyone best of luck..

xplorer121
Newly Registered

Post by xplorer121 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:13 am

eawan wrote:hello everyone,

i have had a lot of help from this forum, now time to give back, i am sharing my experience with you all,

entered in uk in April 2006 on student visa +psw+ entrepreneur which got refused appeal which was granted got the visa in october 2015 after 2 and half years (which was under 3C)

@ 11:25 called to handover my documents with good news, no questions asked at all..

for people on same boat please dont attach too much documents, keep it simple, (you can carry additional important document with u but dont submit, you can give it to them if they ask)

documents i submitted:
Application Form
All Passports with BRP
LIUK test
UK Degree
Covering letter from Solicitor( dont take solicitor with you its just waste of money )
Copies of all the documents provided especially copies of passports pages with entry/exit stamps

Wello done mate. Congratulations
just quick question were your all tax record in line?

jawwad84
Newly Registered

Post by jawwad84 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:38 pm

first of all many congrats ...
and lastly could you please let me know what are the documents have you provided.
like from the day you entered in the UK.

uhtred
Newly Registered

Post by uhtred » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:09 pm

You got to give it a go; infact if a barrister is confident then you shouldn't lose any heart. I think, if you withdraw the appeal and re-apply within the certain days ( i am not sure about the days) then you have a continous residency. As long as you didn't go for a Judicial Review and had your 3C then you should be fine. Moderators and senior members, please throw some light. Case workers can also use their discretion, so do give it a chance.

If you ara going to complete 10 years in coming June, then you should utilise these days to get as much as good advice possible; spending money at this time might pay off later on. And if you apply for a postal one then it can take up to 6 months; you will still be eligible to work ( if you have right to work now) while your application is still under consideration; make use of that time and save some money then.

Very best of luck

CathyJ16 wrote:I qualify to apply for ILR based on 10 years this coming June. My current Visa expires a few days after clocking 10 years in the UK.

However am terribly horrified of facing a refusal. My immigration history has all been fine apart from one refusal in 2014 when I applied for extension for student visa. The refusal was due insufficient maintenance fund. I appealed on time, within 10 working days. However, after having sourced enough funds, I was advised to withdraw the appeal (4 months after refusal) and submit a fresh application, there and then (same day). The subsequent application was successful.

I have been to three lawyers so far, two of them say my 10 years was broken the very day I withdraw the appeal as I should have let the appeal to run its course. However, before giving up, I decided to try a barrister, after going through my case, he says there is still hope, according to him my 10 years is still intact.

Am very confused,I don't want to spend alot on this issue and end up being heart broken by a refusal. Some have advised I keep the little savings am left with for use when I return to my home country as chances are slim with ILR but the latest barrister is adamant I will get it.

Please kindly advise, do I stand any chance? I have gone through loads of postings on this forum but I have not been lucky enough to find a case similar to mine.

Please help!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eawan
Newly Registered

Post by eawan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:32 pm

xplorer121 wrote:
eawan wrote:hello everyone,

documents i submitted:
Application Form
All Passports with BRP
LIUK test
UK Degree

Wello done mate. Congratulations
just quick question were your all tax record in line?

Thanks..
Yes tax records were in order.. I have been filing self assesments and company accounts etc.. But i think they rarely check these things unless there is some major issues in someone's immigration history ..

eawan
Newly Registered

Post by eawan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:35 pm

jawwad84 wrote:first of all many congrats ...
and lastly could you please let me know what are the documents have you provided.
like from the day you entered in the UK.
Thanks,

Like i mentioned, all passports to prove 10 years lawfull stay in the uk, UK degree and LIUK test and covering letter summerising everything in order...

eawan
Newly Registered

Post by eawan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:44 pm

CathyJ16 wrote:I qualify to apply for ILR based on 10 years this coming June. My current Visa expires a few days after clocking 10 years in the UK.

However am terribly horrified of facing a refusal. My immigration history has all been fine apart from one refusal in 2014 when I applied for extension for student visa. The refusal was due insufficient maintenance fund. I appealed on time, within 10 working days. However, after having sourced enough funds, I was advised to withdraw the appeal (4 months after refusal) and submit a fresh application, there and then (same day). The subsequent application was successful.

I have been to three lawyers so far, two of them say my 10 years was broken the very day I withdraw the appeal as I should have let the appeal to run its course. However, before giving up, I decided to try a barrister, after going through my case, he says there is still hope, according to him my 10 years is still intact.

Am very confused,I don't want to spend alot on this issue and end up being heart broken by a refusal. Some have advised I keep the little savings am left with for use when I return to my home country as chances are slim with ILR but the latest barrister is adamant I will get it.

Please kindly advise, do I stand any chance? I have gone through loads of postings on this forum but I have not been lucky enough to find a case similar to mine.

Please help!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would highly recommend to get your SAR file, it will clear everything...

I think, you shoudn't have withdrawn your appeal as when you go for appeal you are cover under 3c provision until the decision from court, so when u withdrew your application that stopped 3C Provision and breaked the continuity.. But like your barrister said i also feel there is still hope as you withdrew appeal and got the visa SAME DAY.. Wish you best of luck..

eawan
Newly Registered

Post by eawan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:52 pm

veman16 wrote:Hi Guys Need Your Help Please

I entered into UK 12/02/2006 I am here for 10 years now. In 2011, I am outside the UK more than 180 days (not continuously, in continuously only 100 days and this is also business purpose on my Job) for this absence I got letter from employer also.

does this effect my 10 ILR application, as of below link it saying that 180 days at a time

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility
You should be fine .. As long as your departure and entry is within 180 days and in total not more than 540 days in 10 years..

hurricane
Newly Registered

Post by hurricane » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi
I came to uk in 2006. I m about to complete my ten years in 2016 May.I was going through my previous immigration history n found out that when I applied for student visa extension in 2007 I was refused once.basically my visa expired in 31/07/2007 I made a in time application on 30/o7/2007. Home office refused my application on 22/08/2007 then I resubmitted my application on 06/09/2007 n granted on 29/09/2007. Please can anyone tell me whether this will affect my lawful residence here in the uk. There is a gap of more than 28 days in between . Please if anyone has been through similar situation can you help.

Many thanks.

oni82

Post by oni82 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi there, I am due for ILR Long residency in July. 7 Years on Tier 4 and 3 Years EEA. I was told by a solicitor that HO will check records to verify whether I breached my Visa terms during my Tier4 period or not. He said that they might access my HMRC account and see if I have exceeded my working hours during the T4 period.

I have worked full time for period 2007-2008 with my IN and I wonder if this can be a cause for my application to be refused? Has anyone else has had similar situation?

Please advice
Thanks

immuser
Newly Registered

Post by immuser » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi guys,

Can you please advise.

I have made application for ilr 10 yr route match 1st week .
my immigration history is 3 yr student+2 yr psw+5 yr tier one general.
never had any problems in past. all the visas are extend in time.
Only problem is when i made my initial application for tier 1 i shows income from both employed and self employed. then i declare less amount to Hmrc compared to home office.
Now i send amendments in dec to hmrc and they still processing they have given me time march 2nd week then now they gave me new time in April 1st week.

Can you please advise what are the chances case worker go and pick the deference when we allying 10 yr route.

i spoke to few solictres they said they normally they dont checks previous earnings when applying 10 year route.

Can you please gurus please advise.

sa7e
Newly Registered

Post by sa7e » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:01 pm

oni82 wrote:Hi there, I am due for ILR Long residency in July. 7 Years on Tier 4 and 3 Years EEA. I was told by a solicitor that HO will check records to verify whether I breached my Visa terms during my Tier4 period or not. He said that they might access my HMRC account and see if I have exceeded my working hours during the T4 period.

I have worked full time for period 2007-2008 with my IN and I wonder if this can be a cause for my application to be refused? Has anyone else has had similar situation?

Please advice
Thanks
I have a similar situation as yours. 10 years finishing in May 2016. Studen+PSW+EEA 3 year. My partner is self-employed and just like you i have worked full time from 2006-07 but only during holidays time. if you have worked 3 to 4 months in one year, it can be explained as holiday work, but if you have worked 12 months flat then they will look into it. there's nothing much to worried as you have completed 10 years. more important here is how you can prove that your partner is exercising treaty rights. Focus on this and you'll be fine.

faheem1985
Newly Registered

Post by faheem1985 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:04 pm

hi shani1985
i have attended the window yesterday croydon centre.
i have completed my 10 years this year but the problem is he has also asked me to provide the related documents from my previous grant to leave which was tier1 entrepreneur....but my concern is how did you manage to withdraw your case?
is theres any chance to withdraw the application?
i believe when you will apply again they will ask u the same thing or maybe more documents than before.
so you better consult with any solicitor.
kindly tell me how did you withdraw your application and whats the procedure?

hi sad. 1
couple of question was your entrepreneur 50k or 200k
and second what document they asked you.
because i am under the same scenario and want to apply on the window
thanks

uhtred
Newly Registered

Post by uhtred » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:31 am

[quote="sukosukkyboie"]I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU CAN SEND ME THE COVER LETTER.

THANKS
Sukosukkyboie

Please private message me your email and I can send you the covering letter. You don't have to include the covering letter but it can help the case workers.

Mohsintariq
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsintariq » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:30 pm

faheem1985 wrote:hi shani1985
i have completed my 10 years this year but the problem is he has also asked me to provide the related documents from my previous grant to leave which was tier1 entrepreneur....but my concern is how did you manage to withdraw your case?
i believe when you will apply again they will ask u the same thing or maybe more documents than before.

hi sad. 1
thanks
Hi Faheem,

I am in a similar situation as yours but visa not due yet. Please reply what did you do when they asked about relevant documents of entrepreneurs visa ? My ultimate question is do you need to show that two people are employed and invested all of the money (£50k)?

Your response would be appreciated.

MOHSIN

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:16 pm

Dear all,

Thanks again for previous help. I am going to have an appointment for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 years long residence at Glasgow Premium Service Center on 29 March 2016. I am currently preparing all documents as below, and would be grateful if you could advise if anything missing or not needed. Any advice and suggestions are more than welcome!

My situation is as below:
10 years long residence: 04/04/2006-04/04/2016
Visa type: T4 and T4 (G) (under Doctorate Extension Scheme)
Absences from the UK: 340 days

1. Documents to be submitted - must provide
• Appointment Booking Checklist (note: booked on 24 Feb 2016 at £1900)
• Completed application form SET (LR) (new version: 03/2016)
• Passport:
a. current passport
b. expired passport
• Current Biometric Residence Permit
• Police registration certificate:
a. current Police certificate
b. expired Police certificate
• Recent passport size colour photographs: 2

2. Documents to be submitted - supporting documents
• Life in the UK test: pass notification letter
• Language:
a. Letter from the University confirming my graduation on 1 July 2016 for PhD degree in Management
b. MSc degree certificate in International Marketing
• Summary of UK Visas for 10 years
• Summary of absences from the UK for 10 years

3. Documents not to be submitted, backup only
• Cover letter: short summary of my case - straightforward;
• Bank statement for 1 month: stamped and signed by bank;
• Payslips for 1 month: current job;
• 5 P60 forms: for previous part-time tutor jobs at the university
• National Insurance card
• Current tenancy agreement
• Flight tickets: to show absences from the UK

4. One set copy for all documents
Question: do I need to make a copy of completed application form?

Thanks for your kind help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Julie

anwar2075
Newly Registered

Post by anwar2075 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:14 pm

hello everyone, first of all i like to thank to each and every moderator of this form specially CR001. i was watching this form since last 6 months. By the grace of Allah i received ilr (long residency) on 22/03/2016.

My case was not straight forward and it may help for those who are on same page:- here my case follows

i came to this country on 09/03/2006 on student visa from here i renew visa successfully 3 times on student, last visa expiring was on 31/08/2010. At that time i thought i going to go to different country and try my luck. on 31/08/2010 i left UK. (my student visa was expiring on same day the day which i left.)

later on i went to Dubai and its doesn't work there. Again i apply student visa to UK on MBA. luckily i got student visa. i was away nearly 174 days. on 20/02/2011 i was check in UK on new entry clearance visa, after i got certificate of MBA i applied for PSW visa i got it for 2 years and was expiring on 16/08/2014.

On 15/08/2014 i applied for FLR fp visa because i don't have any options to go. After 3 month i got refusal with right to appeal options. my lawyer appeal against refusal by fax by given time but after a month of given time from home office to appeal. capita or home office call to my work place that i am not allowed to work as i am over stayer. i was confused and worried without contacting lawyer i called to tribunal that have they received my appeal case. Tribunal said that they can't trace appeal fact is they haven't recieved it. This time i send the appeal by post next day delivery plus on fax....

luckily i got dated for hearing on 14/06/2016 meantime my 9 years and 11 months & 2 days crossed. Here i withdraw my appeal to tribunal by fax and mail as well. i received letter from tribunal that I withdraw appeal. on 19th February i booked premium service for long residency at Sheffield peo.

My appointment was 9.10 am. i dont have passport with me, just an application form, life in uk, MbA certificate and SAR report. however case worker came to me and said i cant take decision without passport and she said i will be giving decision within 2 weeks after i get hold of your passport. i waited almost a month, in between i was calling them regularly about the outcome of my application. on 18th Friday of march i called Sheffield to enquire about my case they said decision has been made and i asked is it positive. she replied the golden words...ITS SUCCESSFUL. AGAIN I ASKED I GOT ILR SHE SAID YES. On 22nd i received my passport with letter saying its been accepted and now waiting for brp.

thank you again.

sad.1

Post by sad.1 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:13 am

hi sad. 1
thanks
hi faheem i would advise you please change your psc centre.
i have got my indefinite leave to remain since they asked me so many documents
i have privided all of them plus the 50k bank statements too
business trading proof loads of more
so i would suggest go to cardiff or anwhere else.
keep everything up to date

syounusa

Post by syounusa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:39 pm

I am very grateful to this forum as I have been following couple of years. This is really very useful forum I have ever seen.
I got my ILR (LR) approved last week in sheffield PEO. My experence was very good except a little long que which took about 3.5 hours in total.

Now I am going to apply MN1 applications for my 2 children next week and FLR (M) or FLR (FP) application for my wife.

Could you please some one guide me if I can apply FLR (FP) application instead of FLR (M) as I lost my job recently and my wife is on Maternity Leave (M/L) and her income is not great as well before M/L and she does not have any newly required english certificate. My wife has been here with me since 2008 initially student dependent, PSW dependent and then T 2 G dependent visa valid until 2018 but we need to trvel this year and that is why she has to switch.
Please could you advise which sub catagory in FLR (FP) is best for her : Parent 10 year or parent 5 year or partner 10 year or partner 5 year and why

Thanks

faheem1985
Newly Registered

Post by faheem1985 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:45 pm

sad.1 wrote:

hi sad. 1
thanks
hi faheem i would advise you please change your psc centre.
i have got my indefinite leave to remain since they asked me so many documents
i have privided all of them plus the 50k bank statements too
business trading proof loads of more
so i would suggest go to cardiff or anwhere else.
keep everything up to date
hi sad.1
my history is came in june 2006
got tier 1 ent 200k till may 2017
paid tax for year 2014-2015
will have tax due on 2015-2016 soon
I am self employed
my ten years are completing on 1st of june.
can you please tell me if they asked you just for the tax records or something else aswell and if they did
what did they ask you for.
last thing when was your entrupe visa was expiring.
coz if I change the psc centre they might still ask me for those

dominoman
Newly Registered

Post by dominoman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:27 pm

I've just joined this forum after reading a few posts.

My wife applied for her ILR today, 29th march 2016, after being in the UK for 10 years. How long is it likely to be before she gets her ILR?

I am applying for a job overseas and if I get to interview we will need to travel overseas in just over a month's time. Is there much chance of her having a reply by then?

From reading here I'm sensing she should have applied in person, but she didn't know that (don't ask me why but she doesn't read the immigration forums).

talktonight

Post by talktonight » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:15 am

Hi everyone,

Could somebody PLEASE clarify one rather confusing bit:

Can ILR 10 years application be made in person at PEO 28 days before the actual date or not?

Example: I entered the UK on 10th June 2006. Can I apply in person (not by post) any date after 13th May 2016 or does it have to be 10th June 2016 only?

Samsheikh
Newly Registered

Post by Samsheikh » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:43 pm

Dear friends please I need a sincere advice as I m in very bad situation and I don't know what to do?

I came uk on tier4 visa in 30 Sep 2006 and I always submit my extensions in time my last visa was approve until 24 March 2017 but my visa curtail and I was given 60 days to make an application.
I try my best to get Cas letter but I couldn't obtain a Cas letter so my friend advice me to apply for SET (LR) as you don't have any other option
I apply SET LR in given 60 days time in August 2015 but few days before it refuse as an early application in refusal home office said

You must leave the Uk and they said you are a person who is liable to detain
But they also said
If you want to remain in the uk then make an application in reasonably and appropriate time so I call home office and ask about that how much time I have in the sense of appropriate time

She said make any application in 28 days

So my question is this
Q1, if I apply in 28 days my long residency will be break or not ?
Q2, as I am still 5 month short to qualify for long residency so what application shall I make now?
Q3, if I apply for FLR FP and later varied it as a SET LR so will it be consider or variation is not allow if make application in 28 days grace period?
Q4, can I apply for derivative right application and later vary it in SET LR so is it allow or not because some one told me that time spent in EEA application as drf1 not count in long residency and it will break your 3c
Q5, do I still have lawful continue residency if I apply in 28 days or not?

I am so sorry to ask too many question but I really need your help please thanks

pink85

Post by pink85 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:03 pm

Samsheikh wrote:Dear friends please I need a sincere advice as I m in very bad situation and I don't know what to do?

I came uk on tier4 visa in 30 Sep 2006 and I always submit my extensions in time my last visa was approve until 24 March 2017 but my visa curtail and I was given 60 days to make an application.
I try my best to get Cas letter but I couldn't obtain a Cas letter so my friend advice me to apply for SET (LR) as you don't have any other option
I apply SET LR in given 60 days time in August 2015 but few days before it refuse as an early application in refusal home office said

You must leave the Uk and they said you are a person who is liable to detain
But they also said
If you want to remain in the uk then make an application in reasonably and appropriate time so I call home office and ask about that how much time I have in the sense of appropriate time

She said make any application in 28 days

So my question is this
Q1, if I apply in 28 days my long residency will be break or not ?
Q2, as I am still 5 month short to qualify for long residency so what application shall I make now?
Q3, if I apply for FLR FP and later varied it as a SET LR so will it be consider or variation is not allow if make application in 28 days grace period?
Q4, can I apply for derivative right application and later vary it in SET LR so is it allow or not because some one told me that time spent in EEA application as drf1 not count in long residency and it will break your 3c
Q5, do I still have lawful continue residency if I apply in 28 days or not?

I am so sorry to ask too many question but I really need your help please thanks
Hi ..sorry to heard ab u...I did not know why Ho don't give u right of appeal..after read ur post I m also worried too .bcos I did same thing I came uk 27aug 2006 and sent early application as soli advice ..I done my bio 2 weeks ago.

Can u tell me how long time take after u did bio to take decisions ...I don't know what happen to me now ...I m worried too now

For u flr (fp) or challenge for appeal right..I don't know what other guru saying..pls tell me how long it's take after bio for decision ...and Evan Ho did not give u admin review?
Best of luck

Samsheikh
Newly Registered

Post by Samsheikh » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:56 am

Dear pink 85

I sent application on 6 August and I call them many time for bio then they send me bio after 2 month I give bio in November and they refuse my application in Feb 2016 but I receive refusal in March 2016 because of early application they don't give right of appeal even my application was in time application

Now I m confuse that if I apply in 28 days FLR FP then my lawful residency is break or no