ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application as Tier1 General application , Late tax

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mickey007

ILR application as Tier1 General application , Late tax

Post by mickey007 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying for my ILR before end of april 2016.

Last year in November my new accountant realized that my old tax return was not done with properly in 2010-2011. My new accountant sent it to HMRC for correction recorded next day delivery on 18 Nov 2016.

So far i am chasing HMRC to rectify tax return of 2010-2011 , i spoke to them today and said they will contact me in 5 days by call but no guarantee of resolving the issue even after 4 months.

Now i am applying from my ILR on same day end of april, if HMRC delay my tax amendments will it affect my visa application?

Any advise from someone who gone through same situation or senior member will be appreciated.

Casa

Re: ILR application as Tier1 General application , Late tax

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Search the forum. We've been flooded with issues regarding Tier 1 General tax 'discrepancies/amendments, including some refusals due to perceived deception. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Pscloud

Post by Pscloud » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:57 am

mickey007 wrote:Hi All,

Last year in November my new accountant realized that my old tax return was not done with properly in 2010-2011. My new accountant sent it to HMRC for correction recorded next day delivery on 18 Nov 2016.

So far i am chasing HMRC to rectify tax return of 2010-2011 , i spoke to them today and said they will contact me in 5 days by call but no guarantee of resolving the issue even after 4 months.

Now i am applying from my ILR on same day end of april, if HMRC delay my tax amendments will it affect my visa application?

Any advise from someone who gone through same situation or senior member will be appreciated.
Dont go to PSC apply by post. At PSC they will ask for latest calc and some cw dont like amendment.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:14 am

Pscloud wrote:
mickey007 wrote:Hi All,

Dont go to PSC apply by post. At PSC they will ask for latest calc and some cw dont like amendment.
I agree. The junior level Case Workers at the PSC don't have the level of seniority to make a decision on any application which requires further checks.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mpath
Newly Registered

Post by mpath » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:16 pm

@mickey007

Do you have any update from HMRC about your 2010-11 tax amendment?
Do you received any call from them?

Please advise.

Thanks

winniee
Newly Registered

Post by winniee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:01 am

mpath wrote:@mickey007

Do you have any update from HMRC about your 2010-11 tax amendment?
Do you received any call from them?

Please advise.

Thanks
I cosign these questions, it would be great to hear of your follow up. Were they able to amend it on time? Did you apply in person or by post?