ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years after Tier 4 + Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talktonight

ILR 10 years after Tier 4 + Tier 2

Post by talktonight » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:57 am

Hi everyone,

Could somebody please evaluate my chances of getting ILR based on 10 years in the UK:

Entered in June 2006 on Student visa. Extended student visa several times, then got Tier 4, then switched on dependant visa of my partner, then back to Tier 4, then finally switched to Tier 2 General. One refusal throughout the process when I tried to switch to Tier 2 General from Tier 4 without having required qualifications (my mistake due to misunderstanding of term 'diploma in Education'). After this refusal I successfully received new Tier 4 visa, completed MBA and successfully switched on to Tier 2 General.

One big doubt I have is about one of my previous Tier 4 visas, issued in 2012, which apparently had "no work" written on it. I continued working part time for the same company that I was working part time before getting this visa, and was paid around £650 per month (which means total earnings per year were below personal allowance so no tax was deducted by HMRC).

I should mention that after this visa I had successfully received 2 other visas without problems (in 2013 and 2015).

What are the chances that Home Office will find out and refuse my ILR application based on the fact that I breached the rules?

O_Relly

Re: ILR 10 years after Tier 4 + Tier 2

Post by O_Relly » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:49 pm

Will be worth reading this similar thread,
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 05660.html
Cheers,
OR