ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pixie12

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by pixie12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:41 pm

brainy04 wrote:
pixie12 wrote:Yeah i did it online. And no apppointments available til May. Good thing u mentioned it as it is much better to have this sorted already. Thanks again Brainy. And sorry for the confusion.

Appointments are hard to get even now. I have no idea about dublin but in co kildare it is not available for few weeks in many places. With so many people going in 26th april ceremony, i would expect it to be busy. Hopefully everybody will get it done in time. Try to take appointment wherever is available. Thats the only way to get it soon.
I agree. Plus the holiday season coming. Too many people applying for irish passport. I booked mine on may. A few weeks from now. Theres not too many appoinments available. So to all the people u might want to sort this to avoid the hassle of applying irish passport. Thanks again brainy!

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:10 pm

pixie12 wrote:
brainy04 wrote:
pixie12 wrote:Yeah i did it online. And no apppointments available til May. Good thing u mentioned it as it is much better to have this sorted already. Thanks again Brainy. And sorry for the confusion.

Appointments are hard to get even now. I have no idea about dublin but in co kildare it is not available for few weeks in many places. With so many people going in 26th april ceremony, i would expect it to be busy. Hopefully everybody will get it done in time. Try to take appointment wherever is available. Thats the only way to get it soon.
I agree. Plus the holiday season coming. Too many people applying for irish passport. I booked mine on may. A few weeks from now. Theres not too many appoinments available. So to all the people u might want to sort this to avoid the hassle of applying irish passport. Thanks again brainy!
You are welcome...

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:14 pm

Good afternoon all friends on this forum! Just a bit curious things seems too quiet nowadays . No news of any approvals or invitations ! I will continue to pray that all our hopes won't be dashed in Jesus precious name ,for all of u guys wld are have secured ur place in the April 26th ceremony . Make sure u get ur PUBLIC SERVICE CARD handy cos it is a prerequisite for obtaining the Irish passport now.God in His mercies will locate us all.

Ludmir67
Newly Registered

Post by Ludmir67 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Best thing to do is when you go online to book appointment check the options of offices from the drop down list and check each one to see which has the nearest date available that suits you and book it.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:07 pm

Ludmir67 wrote:Best thing to do is when you go online to book appointment check the options of offices from the drop down list and check each one to see which has the nearest date available that suits you and book it.

What is the site where appointments can be booked?

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:54 pm

I just got an appointment in Clondalkin or april 28th. I was trying to book in newbridge since we live close, but it was impossible even for the full month of May

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:06 pm

jumanufer wrote:I just got an appointment in Clondalkin or april 28th. I was trying to book in newbridge since we live close, but it was impossible even for the full month of May

I can imagine, the amount of people applying for this PSC will be quite high. Atleast you got appointment for this month.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:30 am

Any one know of any changes where someone is applying for Irish citizenship as the spouse of an Irish person living in Northern Ireland?

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:57 pm

chaoclive wrote:Any one know of any changes where someone is applying for Irish citizenship as the spouse of an Irish person living in Northern Ireland?
No, I don't think there are any changes. Though, I would make sure you have a current UK visa/EEA residence card when you apply, and that there is plenty of time left on it. There have been a few NI members that have posted that INIS wrote to them asking for a current visa, as their residence card was current when the citizenship application was sent in, but expired during processing.

pacificislands
Newly Registered

Post by pacificislands » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Hello guys,

Anybody in here recieved the invitation for ceremony on the 26th of April? Ive been told that the invitation will be sent out last monday 4th of April and still waiting!! I have organised my day off at work if its still going to push through on the 26th of april!

Would love to hear from you

Thanks

green2016

Post by green2016 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:13 pm

pacificislands wrote:Hello guys,

Anybody in here recieved the invitation for ceremony on the 26th of April? Ive been told that the invitation will be sent out last monday 4th of April and still waiting!! I have organised my day off at work if its still going to push through on the 26th of april!

Would love to hear from you

Thanks
Hi I did not get anything in post either , when I got an email last month I was told I will be invited to April ceremony

So wait and see, looks like the letters will be sent all in 1 day

Thank you

pacificislands
Newly Registered

Post by pacificislands » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:18 pm

They should tell us as soon as possible if it still going ahead on the 26th coz i have to book my day off!! This is hard as well for us , they keep on waiting!!! Pain!

green2016

Post by green2016 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:48 pm

pacificislands wrote:They should tell us as soon as possible if it still going ahead on the 26th coz i have to book my day off!! This is hard as well for us , they keep on waiting!!! Pain!

Is there any thing we can do ? I think nothing , just wait with patience , book day off , inform your office about the situation

Thank you

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Hellooo guys! Jamunufer,Pixie12,Dublin777,Kingdom man and the rest of my pals on this forum. The way things are going at the moment ,do u guys think there is still going to be any new approvals before the ceremony on April 26th cos no encouraging news or information from any quarters so far and the date is fast approaching . Just a little bit worried and curious cos what u don't know there is little u can say about it. Waiting to hear from u guys.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:25 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:Hellooo guys! Jamunufer,Pixie12,Dublin777,Kingdom man and the rest of my pals on this forum. The way things are going at the moment ,do u guys think there is still going to be any new approvals before the ceremony on April 26th cos no encouraging news or information from any quarters so far and the date is fast approaching . Just a little bit worried and curious cos what u don't know there is little u can say about it. Waiting to hear from u guys.

Hi, it is impossible to know but as it looks I don't think there will be approvals before the ceremony
I hope I'm wrong but we have to wait. They might be preparing next batch so hopefully we will hear by the end of the month or early May!

Last Tuesday I asked again (za know I should wait but...) and they answered me the same thing, advance stage

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:01 pm

I dont think theres more approval rolling out these days, just my opinion. Maybe INIS are busy with this coming ceremony on the 26th and some of the people who are told to receive their invitation on the 4th of april still havent got it. Maybe we will hear from them by may.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Yeah guys u are right let's wait and hope things will be better . God will speak on on our behalf. Goodluck everyone waiting for approvals and congratulations for all that have bn assured of the April ceremony.

Prospect
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Prospect » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:41 pm

So I got my invitation letter for the April 26 ceremony 9:45am. Best of luck to all those waiting. Applied from NI 31st October 2015 , second stage letter 17th November 2015. Approval letter 14th January and invitation letter 7th April. Basis is Irish Spouse.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Prospect wrote:So I got my invitation letter for the April 26 ceremony 9:45am. Best of luck to all those waiting. Applied from NI 31st October 2015 , second stage letter 17th November 2015. Approval letter 14th January and invitation letter 7th April. Basis is Irish Spouse.
Extremely fast approval
Congrats!!!

Flakie
Newly Registered

Post by Flakie » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:29 am

Hello, thanks all for this forum. I have accessed so many vital information on this forum. My question is-has any other person received invitation letter to the April 26 Citizenship ceremony apart from the person above who received on Thursday 7 April? My husband was sent a letter late March advising the postponement of the ceremony to the 26th and that an invitation will be sent to him after April 4. He applied April 2015, got his approval in September 2015 but was out of the country at the time so couldn't his GNIB card until he returned so missed the December 2015 ceremony. We are quite anxious at this stage. We just want to hear from others in similar situation before we send an email to immigration about the invitation. Many thanks in advance.

pacificislands
Newly Registered

Post by pacificislands » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:44 am

Hi Jumanufer,

when did u recieved ur invitation letter? We are still waiting . Hope we recieved it this week!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Flakie wrote:Hello, thanks all for this forum. I have accessed so many vital information on this forum. My question is-has any other person received invitation letter to the April 26 Citizenship ceremony apart from the person above who received on Thursday 7 April? My husband was sent a letter late March advising the postponement of the ceremony to the 26th and that an invitation will be sent to him after April 4. He applied April 2015, got his approval in September 2015 but was out of the country at the time so couldn't his GNIB card until he returned so missed the December 2015 ceremony. We are quite anxious at this stage. We just want to hear from others in similar situation before we send an email to immigration about the invitation. Many thanks in advance.
No worries! Your hubby will definitely get his invitation letter to the upcoming April Citizenship Ceremony this week be rest assured.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:38 pm

Prospect wrote:So I got my invitation letter for the April 26 ceremony 9:45am. Best of luck to all those waiting. Applied from NI 31st October 2015 , second stage letter 17th November 2015. Approval letter 14th January and invitation letter 7th April. Basis is Irish Spouse.
Good afternoon bro,just wanna ask u few questions wch was really baffling me. Whn have u bn in the country and do u work cos I also applied based on Irish spouse on Sept 29th with no convictions,fines or warnings from any constituted govt authority and up till now still waiting for the approval. I am just baffled and really worried cos I don't know the yardstick by wch some applications were faster than the others. Sorry for asking if u don't mind sharing it with me.Thanks in anticipation of ur response.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:19 pm

pacificislands wrote:Hi Jumanufer,

when did u recieved ur invitation letter? We are still waiting . Hope we recieved it this week!

Hi mine is in advance status who will have the oath is my wife. She didn't get formal invitation yet but the letter late March saying that after (and not ON) April 4th she will get invitation

Since someone here apparently got it last Friday most likely the invitation will come by tomorrow or Tuesday

Flakie
Newly Registered

Post by Flakie » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks everyone. I am now hopeful that we will get good news in this new week. I wish everyone still waiting for approval/invitation the very best.