ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2016 Restricted CoS decisions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: April 2016 Restricted CoS decisions

Post by rubyracer2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:50 pm

@a.mitra, @hussain : Did you guys recieve any updates?

a.mitra.6668

Post by a.mitra.6668 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:00 pm

a.mitra.6668

Post by a.mitra.6668 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:02 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:@a.mitra, @hussain : Did you guys recieve any updates?
No Rubyracer.. No updates yet though.. but now that the cut off points have been released, i should get it if they did not forget to apply.. haha

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:01 pm

a.mitra.6668 wrote:
No Rubyracer.. No updates yet though.. but now that the cut off points have been released, i should get it if they did not forget to apply.. haha
lol I'm in the same boat. I'm extra tense because I've already given notice at work and if the CoS doesnt come through I'll be unemployed while waiting for a visa next month. Hope they remembered to apply and with the right RLMT etc

hussain1234
Newly Registered

Post by hussain1234 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:26 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
a.mitra.6668 wrote:
lol I'm in the same boat. I'm extra tense because I've already given notice at work and if the CoS doesnt come through I'll be unemployed while waiting for a visa next month. Hope they remembered to apply and with the right RLMT etc
Hello, I have been told that my status is still under review.. I dont really know whats going on.. any suggestions please

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:34 pm

hussain1234 wrote:
rubyracer2 wrote: Hello, I have been told that my status is still under review.. I dont really know whats going on.. any suggestions please
Did they mention any specific issue like RLMT not clear or any doubt with wages?

Is the sponsor an umbrella company by any chance (contracting to other companies?)

hussain1234
Newly Registered

Post by hussain1234 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:47 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
hussain1234 wrote:
rubyracer2 wrote: Hello, I have been told that my status is still under review.. I dont really know whats going on.. any suggestions please
Did they mention any specific issue like RLMT not clear or any doubt with wages?

Is the sponsor an umbrella company by any chance (contracting to other companies?)
No reasons given yet.. I have been told that its under review only

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:58 pm

hussain1234 wrote:
rubyracer2 wrote:
hussain1234 wrote: No reasons given yet.. I have been told that its under review only
I think I am in the same boat as you. That's why the lawyer is not giving any update

sanjeevan.05
Newly Registered

Post by sanjeevan.05 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:26 am

Guys I want to ask something which I am not clear. My employer got the COS allocation and they are going to issue COS to me next week.

I have seen in few post where people have mentioned to apply with correct RLMT as far as I am aware when you request for allocation you need to mention anything about salary

In my scenario my salary got increased in January to meet extension requirements but they informed home office yesterday only through SMS .

Now before issuing a COS do they need to do any other formality also how can they update RLMT if anyone knows

Please reply

Thanks

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:56 am

sanjeevan.05 wrote:Guys I want to ask something which I am not clear. My employer got the COS allocation and they are going to issue COS to me next week.

I have seen in few post where people have mentioned to apply with correct RLMT as far as I am aware when you request for allocation you need to mention anything about salary

In my scenario my salary got increased in January to meet extension requirements but they informed home office yesterday only through SMS .

Now before issuing a COS do they need to do any other formality also how can they update RLMT if anyone knows

Please reply

Thanks
Hi Sanjeevan, please create a separate thread to get a quicker response. Most of the participants in this thread are applying for a restricted CoS from outside the country and wouldn't be familiar with the process of unrestricted cos procedures which are different

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:13 pm

a.mitra , pilot, did you guys get any updates?

a.mitra.6668

Post by a.mitra.6668 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:30 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:a.mitra , pilot, did you guys get any updates?
Hi ruby

I got an update from my HR saying my RCoS has been granted and the immigration team will get in touch with me. I'm still awaiting the confirmation from the immigration team though!

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:43 pm

a.mitra.6668 wrote:
Hi ruby

I got an update from my HR saying my RCoS has been granted and the immigration team will get in touch with me. I'm still awaiting the confirmation from the immigration team though!
Congrats!! :) Seems like I'm the odd one out yet :(

btw have you applied for a NARIC certificate for proving English language capability? the PBS was discontinued last week

a.mitra.6668

Post by a.mitra.6668 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:44 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
a.mitra.6668 wrote:
Hi ruby

Congrats!! :) Seems like I'm the odd one out yet :(

btw have you applied for a NARIC certificate for proving English language capability? the PBS was discontinued last week
I've a UK masters degree

Kamal123
Newly Registered

Post by Kamal123 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi all,

Very valuable page, I am also in a similar position but within the UK as I got made redundant at my previous position. My rcos has been approved and however uptil now the company did everything but moving on I have to apply myself once I have been given the rcos number.

Fairly new to this so can someone guide if the biggest hurdle is over? Does getting a rcos approved mean a guaranteed Tier 2 visa? (If application satisfies funds & english requirement).

Any feedback is appreciated as I am not doing it through a lawyer.

a.mitra.6668

Post by a.mitra.6668 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Kamal123 wrote:Hi all,

Very valuable page, I am also in a similar position but within the UK as I got made redundant at my previous position. My rcos has been approved and however uptil now the company did everything but moving on I have to apply myself once I have been given the rcos number.

Fairly new to this so can someone guide if the biggest hurdle is over? Does getting a rcos approved mean a guaranteed Tier 2 visa? (If application satisfies funds & english requirement).

Hi kamal,

In a way, getting the rcos means a visa is guaranteed provided all other docs are in order. At least I've not heard about anyone who has got his visa rejected after getting the rcos

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:05 pm

a.mitra.6668 wrote: I've a UK masters degree
Great, that means avoiding one big headache of dealing with NARIC.

I called them the other day and they kept me on hold for 10 minutes. total cost of the phone call : 310 rupees :cry:

a.mitra.6668

Post by a.mitra.6668 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi ruby

I don't know What this NARIC is. Could you please tell me? Btw, where in India are u from? And which company are u joining?

Kamal123
Newly Registered

Post by Kamal123 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:21 pm

a.mitra.6668 wrote:

Hi kamal,

In a way, getting the rcos means a visa is guaranteed provided all other docs are in order. At least I've not heard about anyone who has got his visa rejected after getting the rcos
Hi A.Mitra,

Thanks and I am glad. Does getting a RCOS mean that UKBA is happy with the salary, company, and RLMT and would only concentrate on the other particulars when filing for visa ?

Anything else I should clarify with the company before I submit the application once they have given me the rcos? (since I am not in day to day contact with them). I am planning on same day decision. (premium service). Thanks

a.mitra.6668

Post by a.mitra.6668 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Kamal123 wrote:
a.mitra.6668 wrote:

Hi kamal,

Hi A.Mitra,

Thanks and I am glad. Does getting a RCOS mean that UKBA is happy with the salary, company, and RLMT and would only concentrate on the other particulars when filing for visa ?

Anything else I should clarify with the company before I submit the application once they have given me the rcos? (since I am not in day to day contact with them). I am planning on same day decision. (premium service). Thanks
An rcos is granted when the rlmt has passed, your company has a valid sponsor licence and that your salary satisfied the min points required for the rcos to be granted for that month. So if your rcos has been granted then it means all your queries have been satisfied. So be rest assured.

Kamal123
Newly Registered

Post by Kamal123 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Thanks A.Mitra, that is assuring. I have a last question for which I have made a new topic so I dont drive this thread to my personal issue. Kindly reply there, here is the link.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 07468.html

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:26 pm

a.mitra.6668 wrote:Hi ruby

I don't know What this NARIC is. Could you please tell me? Btw, where in India are u from? And which company are u joining?
Hey a.mitra,

NARIC is an agency which assesses foreign educational qualifications and asseses their comparability to British degrees as well as confirms whether they were taught in English. As of last week, they have also introduced a new test called Visa and NAtionality which will replace the PBS system of proving english competency. This new test costs GBP 125.

I'm based out of Chennai. How about you? Are you trying for a start date in April itself?

a.mitra.6668

Post by a.mitra.6668 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:32 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
a.mitra.6668 wrote:Hi ruby

Hey a.mitra,

NARIC is an agency which assesses foreign educational qualifications and asseses their comparability to British degrees as well as confirms whether they were taught in English. As of last week, they have also introduced a new test called Visa and NAtionality which will replace the PBS system of proving english competency. This new test costs GBP 125.

I'm based out of Chennai. How about you? Are you trying for a start date in April itself?
Hi ruby,

Pls check your profile inbox. Have messaged you

pilot89
Newly Registered

Post by pilot89 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:26 am

Hey amitra, have you heard back from PwC onboarding team? I'm still waiting :|

a.mitra.6668

Post by a.mitra.6668 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:19 pm

pilot89 wrote:Hey amitra, have you heard back from PwC onboarding team? I'm still waiting :|
I was told pwc legal will get in touch with us.. but so far nothing.. what about u?