ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My passport is not available, Can I Apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jan39

My passport is not available, Can I Apply for ILR?

Post by jan39 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:47 am

Any one has got idea?
I am applying for ILR soon, but my passport is in Canadian Embassy for a migration visa process, can I apply for ILR with mentioning the reference and reason why passport is not available?

Member of Standing

Re: My passport is not available, Can I Apply for ILR?

Post by member » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:37 am

How long are you going to stay in Canada on that migration visa after the ILR is granted?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:23 am

You will need to submit your passport with your ILR application. The HO are unlikely to be sympathetic or flexible as you are applying for permanent residence in the UK with obviously no intention of remaining here. :|
By 'migrant' visa, I assume you mean to are planning to emigrate to Canada? You should be aware that in any event, ILR is revoked after 2 years absence and brief visits back to the UK won't stop the 2 year clock.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:13 am

jan39 wrote:I am applying for ILR soon, but my passport is in Canadian Embassy for a migration visa process,
You couldn't make this up :shock: