ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do HO check my days abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ricarica
Newly Registered

How do HO check my days abroad?

Post by ricarica » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:59 am

I'm a EU Citizen, and I've travelled a lot in the last 5 years whilst living in the UK, specially to Italy.

I don't have track of all my trips, is it gonna be a problem if I forget to mention any of the trips? or if I mistaken state the days in/out?

How do Home Office check this?

Member of Standing

Re: How do HO check my days abroad?

Post by member » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:28 am

What makes you concern how they know the number of day you are not in the UK?

ricarica
Newly Registered

Post by ricarica » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:33 am

member wrote:What makes you concern how they know the number of day you are not in the UK?
I know there's a 450 limit for citizenship and although I don't exceed that, I'm nearly 350 on my counting, but I'm quite sure I have forgotten a few and trips and got return days wrong.

My concern is that when checking this they may think I forgot to count them on purpose.

rotor

Post by rotor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:12 am

Sorry if it's obvious, but have you searched your email? That's how I tracked down all my dates.

ricarica
Newly Registered

Post by ricarica » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:16 am

rotor wrote:Sorry if it's obvious, but have you searched your email? That's how I tracked down all my dates.
I've lost all my emails 3 years ago, I only have the ones since then :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:20 am

I keep a spreadsheet with all my in/out/transitting days for tax purposes though, not visa.

It's certainly the HMRC's view that the burden of proof is on the individual, not HMRC, don't know about UKVI though.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:28 am

I did my application and hasnt kept a track of my trips abroad but i looked into my old entry and exits stamps in the various countries and made high level assumptions. Mine was not accurate as there are instances where I travelled into one country and took train into another and lost track of my duration.
I would say try as much as you can to complete it.

My application was approved but i think overall, i hadnt been out of the country for up to 20 days in 5 years.