ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application and Home Office Reply

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arnomarga
Mood:

ILR Application and Home Office Reply

Post by arnomarga » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi All,

I applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR) on 1st of December, 2007 under 5 years Work Permit bases. I received a payment confirmation letter from home office exactly after 3 days.

Today I have received another letter from home office which I am going to write down here and if someone could advised that what exactly this mean, I will be very much thankful to you guys....
===========================================
Dear Mr XXXXX

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your application.

Your application is valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made.
For up to date turnaround times on particular applications can I please ask that you visit our website http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk for the current timescales.

Our general advise to applicants is not to make any non-urgent travel plans until we have decided their application and returned passports or travel documents.

Please do no telephone or make written enquiries about the progress of your application before you hear from us unless you need a passport or other document urgently as this diverts resource from caseworking. Please telephone the number on this letter in the first instance if you need to contact us. Please not that it is no longer possible to make enquiries in person about the progress of an application at any of the Border and Immigration Agency's Public Enquiry Offices.

Provided an applicant has permission to be in the UK when an application is made, he or she is legally entitled to remain here on the same conditions previously granted until the application is decided.

Yours sincerely.

XXXXX
===========================================

Could someone advise about “further enquiriesâ€

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:31 pm

It's a standard letter they send when they can't deal with it straight away. The letter is meaningless.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

arnomarga
Mood:

Post by arnomarga » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:09 pm

Thanks Victoria! Do you know how much time it will take roughly to get reply from them?

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:17 pm

There is no set time that they will take for the enquiries! Keep your fingers crossed.
Jabi

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:01 pm

If you enquire with home office the standard response you will get is that it will take anywhere from 4 weeks to 14 weeks to reach a decision on the application. In certain cases it can take even longer.

arnomarga
Mood:

Post by arnomarga » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi all,

Today I got my passport with ILR…Yeah! I purely thank all of the members of this board for helpful advice. I applied on 1st of December 2007 and I got my passport back on 19th of Jan 2008.

A special thanks to the owner of this forum who gave us a chance to get useful information from this forum.

Regards

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:41 pm

arnomarga wrote:Hi all,

Today I got my passport with ILR…Yeah! I purely thank all of the members of this board for helpful advice. I applied on 1st of December 2007 and I got my passport back on 19th of Jan 2008.

A special thanks to the owner of this forum who gave us a chance to get useful information from this forum.

Regards
Good, good, glad your passport is back and all went well.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:01 pm

CONGRATS!!! Good on you! :)

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:51 pm

Victoria,

You say the letter is meaning less but what are the further enquiries that they do?
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:33 am

In my experience, the often don't. It is a standard letter, sort of like when BT hold message says "you are next in line, please hold, your call is important to us".

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

was

Post by was » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:47 am

arnomarga wrote:Hi all,

Regards
Hi arnomarga
congrats and hope u are relived now. I know it because i was in the same situattion as urs.

well i got my passport on 3rd jan with ilr and i wanted to know from u is, did u recieve any covering letter with passport addressing u. Iam worried because i just got my passport and there was no covering letter.

arnomarga
Mood:

Post by arnomarga » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi was,

Yes i got 2 letters with my ILR, one is covering letter where they mentioned about granting ILR and 2nd is kind of informative letter about ILR.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:40 am

fizakhan, please stop spamming the board. It's so obvious.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:44 am

fizakhan wrote: Good luck.
I like that you put banned next to his name

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Yeah you would like that.
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night