ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA online Applications free or not

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MARSWATCH
Newly Registered

EEA online Applications free or not

Post by MARSWATCH » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:07 pm

My wife is applying for an EEA permit as the non Eu spouse of a British citizen. We have been living in Italy for 6 months now and she has her residence permit for 5 years but is still waiting for her medical card and id card. I have been working and paying taxes all this time. We therefore hope to qualify under the Surinder Singh rules. However the online form asks for proof of health insurance and if I understand us correctly wants us to pay an immigration health surcharge and an admin fee of about 60 Uk pounds. My wife cannot send in this form without a medical insurance number, is this correct?

Mark

chimerka
Newly Registered

Re: EEA online Applications free or not

Post by chimerka » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:46 pm

In one of old posts I found a link to website lawcentreni.org where is long article called Marriage and relationships EEA Regulations, try google it and you mght find answer, as the person was asking the same question as you.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:56 pm

An EEA Family Permit application doesn't require payment of the NHS Surcharge. Is the form in this link what you've been looking at?

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chimerka
Newly Registered

Post by chimerka » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:03 pm

It might not be surcharge, but he is asking about health insurance which seems to be included in application and they are asking for a proof of health insurance.....

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:12 pm

I'm not able to log in to the online form. If you have been exercising your Treaty rights in Italy you aren't required to hold Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI).

What exactly does the application ask about health insurance?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:39 pm

I believe you have to pay the appropriate amount for the IHS and quote the payment reference number. The appropriate amount is zero, but you still have to quote the (non-)payment reference number! It seems the computer-based idiocy of the final demand for a payment of zero pounds is still with us!

The administrative fee of £60 sounds wrong. Check again that you are applying for a 'family permit', and using the proper site. There are some websites that will 'help' people submit forms on-line for an extra fee - usually this is morally, if not legally, a form of theft.