ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Application Help Please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

efimmike

EEA Application Help Please

Post by efimmike » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:02 am

Hi all, i am on a dependent EEA spouse RC which will expire in 2018. We got married in June 2012 and my wife's PR application is still under process.(she has lived and work in UK for over 10years, with her current employer for over 7 years). Please I have a couple of questions to ask
1) Can i apply for PR in June 2017 i.e after 5 years of marriage or do i have to wait till my RC expires?
2) We have a one year old daughter born in UK, is she eligible for British citizenship? if not when can we apply for her British Passport?

Casa

Re: EEA Application Help Please

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:11 am

efimmike wrote:Hi all, i am on a dependent EEA spouse RC which will expire in 2018. We got married in June 2012 and my wife's PR application is still under process.(she has lived and work in UK for over 10years, with her current employer for over 7 years). Please I have a couple of questions to ask
1) Can i apply for PR in June 2017 i.e after 5 years of marriage or do i have to wait till my RC expires?
2) We have a one year old daughter born in UK, is she eligible for British citizenship? if not when can we apply for her British Passport?
You have high jacked another member's thread, which apart from being unfair is also confusing. Please open your own thread and post there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:13 am

Your daughter will be entitled to register as a British citizen as soon as one of the parents has PR.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:39 am

Moved this post to avoid further confusion.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:00 pm

Thanks for your kind feedback. I am still waiting for the answer to my first question which is; i my eligible for PR application after 5 years of marriage to EEA national or after my 5 years RC expires?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:05 pm

efimmike wrote:Thanks for your kind feedback. I am still waiting for the answer to my first question which is; i my eligible for PR application after 5 years of marriage to EEA national or after my 5 years RC expires?
Forget about date of RC.

1) Count 5 years fom the latest of:
  • date of entry into UK;
    date of marriage;
    wife starting exercising treaty rights (unless has PR);
(assumes neither party has enjoyed prolonged absences from UK since arriving).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.