ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Gen) Dep Extension Online - Surname and Givenname

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PBS_TIER1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Gen) Dep Extension Online - Surname and Givenname

Post by PBS_TIER1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi,
I am trying to apply online my wife's Tier 1(Gen) extension ( I have ILR already). My wife's name in passport is in the format - Given Name: ABC XYZ -(surname and given name in one field and surname field empty). But when I go to the online application form, it does not let me leave Surname field empty. During the last extension we applied using paper form and we did not fill the Surname part in the form and that worked well. But in the online form , since Surname field is required filed, Not sure what to fill in there. Could you please suggest? I have gone through similar questions like this in this forum and did not find any answer specific to the online application. Hence I am writing this post.
Thanks in advance for your response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 (Gen) Dep Extension Online - Surname and Givennam

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Fill the "xyz" as surname if that suits the surname. HOW is aware of name anomalies in some passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PBS_TIER1
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (Gen) Dep Extension Online - Surname and Givennam

Post by PBS_TIER1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:40 pm

CR001 wrote:Fill the "xyz" as surname if that suits the surname. HOW is aware of name anomalies in some passports.
Thanks a lot for the response. I thought the name should appear exactly as in passport and that made the confusion. Sure, I will split it as - Given Name: ABC, Surname: XYZ.. Hope its not an issue.
Thanks