ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension Salary requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bali0286
Newly Registered

Tier 2 extension Salary requirement

Post by bali0286 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Dear Team,

I am on tier 2 general My visa expires in mid December 2016. I work as IT consultant. my first application was as a new entrant to the company the job code is 2139. now i earn 22500 P/A.
I am in a process of preparing for visa renewal. My Legal adviser said that, you can not apply under the same salary, as you will be considered as an experienced now or change the job description under the same job title (IT consultant).
My questions: 1. Am i eligible to apply for extension for same job same company for same salary or do i have to earn as experienced which is 29900.

2. if not eligible for same salary, can i change my job description and take new responsibilities under the same job title for same salary.

Your help is much appreciated.

kind regards
Bali

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: Tier 2 extension Salary requirement

Post by ShrutiBlue » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:45 am

Your legal adviser is right, you will be considered an "experienced worker" when you extend your visa, and so will need to be paid the experienced worker salary for this job title. You can't just change your job responsibilities with the same title and be paid the same amount, you are still an experienced worker when you extend your visa, and not a new entrant.

dragon098
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 extension Salary requirement

Post by dragon098 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:24 am

hi bali0286,

I am in the same job code as you are 2139 and as far as I know the salary for Experienced is £27,000

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_V0_6.pdf

Regards,
dragon