ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR experience at Croydon - some useful info

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gladiator
Newly Registered

ILR experience at Croydon - some useful info

Post by gladiator » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:05 pm

Hi

I got my ILR ( as a work permit holder) yesterday and would like to thank all the moderators and users who have contributed to this forum to provide such useful information, keep up the good work.

As far as my experience at IND, Croydon is concerned, it was no different from what has been described in various messages in this forum. I had booked an appointment for 3pm, got there by 2:30 pm and was in by 2:45 after security checks etc. First stage was getting the documents validated at the ground floor, followed by payment of application fee at the first floor and finally seeing the caseworker at the second floor, who again validated my documents and asked me to wait for a call in 1/2 hours time, which she indeed did and I had my passport with the 'Indefinite Leave to remain in UK' sticker signed and emboss stamped.

The only thing I feel a bit disappointed with is the fact that the ILR sticker they have put is the old stamp where they enter details manually and its without photograph (the photo scanning department had closed as it was close to 4 pm), but on the other hand it saved me time as the whole process was done within an hour.

Is there anybody else who's had similar experience? Your comments are welcome.

Documents Asked For
- Employer's letter
- Bank statements
- Form Set(O)
- Passport

Documents I carried
- Form Set(O)
- Passport
- Employer's letter
- Bank statements (last 6 months)
- Salary Slips (last 6 months)
- Rent receipts (just in case...)
- BT bills (just in case...)

Final thoughts, carry as many relevant documents as possible (atleast last 6 months activity) just for the peace of mind, as its better to be safe than to be sorry.

Best of luck

Gladiator.
Last edited by gladiator on Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:12 pm

Congratulations Gladiator - a bit dissapointing that they never put a mug-shot in your visa...

..can you phone HO to clarify, because these days all ILR are given the UK residence permit sticker - not the old ink one...

..just another minor issue - presumably ILR applications are accepted at Birmigham, Liverpool and Glasgow - in which case people should make morning tima applications in order to get the 'sticker' UKRP :wink:
Where there is a will there is a way.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:38 pm

nothing to worry about... even i have got the old green sticker...... :-)

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:49 pm

Checkmate wrote:..just another minor issue - presumably ILR applications are accepted at Birmigham, Liverpool and Glasgow -

I couldn't work out why every one prefered to go to Croydon. When they can go to the nearest PEO and save some money :?:

gladiator
Newly Registered

Post by gladiator » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:11 pm

Hi Guys

Many thanks for your comments... I have spoken to HO to clarify the situation, and they said that there shouldn't be any problem with the green vignette sticker as this is the normal practice whenever they have any issues with the equipment ( or as in my case the photo scanning dept. decides to take off for the day early :) )

Also, they said that in case I need further clarification I could write to PEO, which I think I will do just for the record.

Cheers

Gladiator.

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:08 am

Hi Gladiator,

I will be going there very soon and was wondering whether you had any dependents on your ILP application.

I am not sure whether to carry a marriage certificate as well. Some say its required and others say that just the passports are enough.

Thanks
Sy.

John

Post by John » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:38 am

Congratulations, Gladiator, on getting your ILR.

In a year's time you will be applying for naturalisation as British? You will have completed five years in the UK by then?

gladiator
Newly Registered

Post by gladiator » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:03 pm

Sywahu....I didn't had any dependants on my ILR application, therefore I cannot really comment on the marriage certificate issue.

But nevertheless it's always better to carry all the documents relevant to your situation to be on the safer side.

John....I did'nt quite understood your message?! Was it a question or a statement about the options that shall be available to me in a year's time when I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation...

Cheers

Gladiator.

Londonite
Newly Registered

Post by Londonite » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:30 pm

Congrats Gladiator - you've made it sound easy.

Did you manage the whole four years on Work Permits?

Are you going for naturalisation in a years time?

Londonite

John

Post by John » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:38 pm

Gladiator, your options? Well of course it is not compulsory to apply for naturalisation as British. I was just wondering whether you intended to apply when you have held your ILR for a year.

gladiator
Newly Registered

Post by gladiator » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:22 pm

John.... naturalisation is something that I might consider in due time for the advantages it offers in terms of travelling & working in EU countries...

Londonite.... yes I completed the whole four years on work permits.

Gladiator.