ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shengen Visa - Does employed wife need to show marraige cert

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Shengen Visa - Does employed wife need to show marraige cert

Post by hashmil » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:31 am

I'm in the UK on a Tier 2 general visa, and my wife is here as a dependant.
We are planning to go to Greece on holiday, and in the preparing for our application.
We have got all the necessary documents outlined on the VFS website - flights, accommodation, bank statements, insurance, proof of occupations for both myself and her.

I'm wondering if VFS will require our marriage certificates? Wouldn't her shengen visa be counted on its own basis instead of a dependant? (eg, if she was applying on her own she wouldn't need to show marraige certificates? right?)

The problem is we are Sri Lankan, so the marriage certificate needs to be translated and certified by the ministry of foreign affairs back in sri lanka, and then certified by the Sri lankan High commission in the UK. We do have it already certified by the ministry back at home, though it has been laminated and the SL high commission refused to accept laminated documents. so yeah.. i'm wondering if we even need these marriage certificates before i try and get new ones from back home!