ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics for EU citizens for PR application?!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chimerka
Newly Registered

Biometrics for EU citizens for PR application?!

Post by chimerka » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Hi, I applied for EEA PR , I am EU national, so I didn't add biometrics, as guide and application says its only required if you are non EEA national. I just read something on Facebook forum for EU nationals, where immigration lawyer wrote, that everyone needs biometrics now, even EU nationals. I went back to EEA PR application and also guide and it says nothing new. While this immigration lawyer says , that her client were asked for biometrics info , even though they are EU citizens applying for PR certificate. Is here anyone who had the same experience? I applied without it and now I am really scared. Surely , if there is new requirement , they have to change info in application and guide as well at first..

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Biometrics for EU citizens for PR application?!

Post by ohara » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:21 pm

EEA nationals do not need to submit biometric information when applying for residence documentation.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:21 pm

chimerka wrote:Hi, I applied for EEA PR , I am EU national, so I didn't add biometrics, as guide and application says its only required if you are non EEA national. I just read something on Facebook forum for EU nationals, where immigration lawyer wrote, that everyone needs biometrics now, even EU nationals. I went back to EEA PR application and also guide and it says nothing new. While this immigration lawyer says , that her client were asked for biometrics info , even though they are EU citizens applying for PR certificate. Is here anyone who had the same experience? I applied without it and now I am really scared. Surely , if there is new requirement , they have to change info in application and guide as well at first..
Relax.

Believe the instructions on the PR form not a random lawyer on a random social media site.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

chimerka
Newly Registered

Post by chimerka » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Thank you, you are right. But I am still disappointed, that immigration lawyer would confuse people with such information. I even googled her and she is real immigration lawyer. Lol.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:29 pm

chimerka wrote:Thank you, you are right. But I am still disappointed, that immigration lawyer would confuse people with such information. I even googled her and she is real immigration lawyer. Lol.
If a qualified immigration lawyer can make such a basic mistake, I would be wary about trusting them to give accurate information about any actual immigration matters.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:39 pm

chimerka wrote:Thank you, you are right. But I am still disappointed, that immigration lawyer would confuse people with such information. I even googled her and she is real immigration lawyer. Lol.
Seems far better to rely on the collective hive mind formed by the coming together of completely anonymous and random strangers who converse on a public internet discussion board.
Amendments to the Immigration (Provision of Physical data) (Amendments) Regulations 2015 came into force on 6 April 2015. From this date, an application for a residence card or derivative residence card from a non-EEA national will only be considered valid at the point at which the applicant successfully enrols their biometric information.
Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v4.0.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.