ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tt2016
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by tt2016 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Background:

Tier 1 General Route

Initial application: Employment + Self-Employment (2011 however tax amendments /payments made 2016 March)

Extension: Employment + Self-Employment (2013 , Tax paid on time however HMRC records not updated so
HMRC made amendments along with my 2011 returns).

ILR application: Employment only.

Myself and my dependent (wife) went to Croydon during 1st week of May 2016, with all the required documents, visa office call me told me that your HMRC records are not same as you mentioned in your last 2 application with home office, I filled that self-employment form and submitted the letters from HMRC and my updated SA302 for 2013. And I told visa officer that HMRC currently working on 2011 return and that also going to be updated accordingly. I submitted the tax returns/payments for the year 2011.
Visa officer came back after 3 hours with a refusal and told me to ask my current company to arrange a
Tier-2 visa or I may have a option to go through AR. Visa office return all my wife documents+ refusal letters however hold couple of my original documents (tax, my MSc degree , Life in UK test, employment letters).

I came back home with disappointment and very next day I talked to one of the solicitor as he has done couple of complicated cases (tax issues/employment issues etc) and one my friend refer me to talk to him, I sent my refusal letter and he recommended me to send a new application with limited documents as my original documents with AR team. So I sent my/dependant both applications again before my expiry date in May. In the month of June I received my biometric however home office lost my wife application and sent her biometric in July. During that period I contacted HMRC (compliance team) to expedite my request for updating my 2011 tax records and they updated my records in July 2016.
First week of August I received an email from home office that they haven’t received my wife passport, I forwarded that email to my solicitor and from that point my solicitor get in contact with the visa officer and explained him my current/previous situation.

Last week of August 2016, visa officer approved my application and sent all the documents + biometric to my solicitor.

One advice to everybody, its really painful process to be very honest but don’t lose your hopes and stay positive and then all will be good.
Solicitor is always good in order to deal with complicated applications as this is all about the game of impression nothing much ;)

Hope this info helps you!!

jpsl
Newly Registered

Post by jpsl » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Congratulations tt2016!
You have been so lucky to have your applicaiton accpeted in such a short time frame! Probably your solicitor worked his magic. Sounds like a skillful solicitor there. Could you share the conact details of the solicitor in case any of us need their help please..

samkhan82
Newly Registered

Post by samkhan82 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:17 pm

tt2016 wrote:Background:

Tier 1 General Route

Initial application: Employment + Self-Employment (2011 however tax amendments /payments made 2016 March)

Extension: Employment + Self-Employment (2013 , Tax paid on time however HMRC records not updated so
HMRC made amendments along with my 2011 returns).

ILR application: Employment only.

Myself and my dependent (wife) went to Croydon during 1st week of May 2016, with all the required documents, visa office call me told me that your HMRC records are not same as you mentioned in your last 2 application with home office, I filled that self-employment form and submitted the letters from HMRC and my updated SA302 for 2013. And I told visa officer that HMRC currently working on 2011 return and that also going to be updated accordingly. I submitted the tax returns/payments for the year 2011.
Visa officer came back after 3 hours with a refusal and told me to ask my current company to arrange a
Tier-2 visa or I may have a option to go through AR. Visa office return all my wife documents+ refusal letters however hold couple of my original documents (tax, my MSc degree , Life in UK test, employment letters).

I came back home with disappointment and very next day I talked to one of the solicitor as he has done couple of complicated cases (tax issues/employment issues etc) and one my friend refer me to talk to him, I sent my refusal letter and he recommended me to send a new application with limited documents as my original documents with AR team. So I sent my/dependant both applications again before my expiry date in May. In the month of June I received my biometric however home office lost my wife application and sent her biometric in July. During that period I contacted HMRC (compliance team) to expedite my request for updating my 2011 tax records and they updated my records in July 2016.
First week of August I received an email from home office that they haven’t received my wife passport, I forwarded that email to my solicitor and from that point my solicitor get in contact with the visa officer and explained him my current/previous situation.

Last week of August 2016, visa officer approved my application and sent all the documents + biometric to my solicitor.

One advice to everybody, its really painful process to be very honest but don’t lose your hopes and stay positive and then all will be good.
Solicitor is always good in order to deal with complicated applications as this is all about the game of impression nothing much ;)

Hope this info helps you!!

hi just to confirm you applied ILR and ILR for your dependent as well? or Tier 1 Dependent route extension?

tt2016
Newly Registered

Post by tt2016 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Tier 1 PBS dependant route

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:56 pm

We have have to upgrade our application to Premium and go to Liverpool tomorrow from London. This whole process is so costly ( extra £600 on top of the £2100). Lets just hope this is it...until naturalisation!!!

Applied for ILR: 22nd June 2016
Money taken: 27th June
Biometrics dated: 27th JUly
Biometrics enrolled: 9th August
Emails received every month on the 28th.
Premium upgrade application: 6th November 2016
Application accepted: 7th November
Money not taken yet
Booking at Liverpool Centre: 2pm 10th November (tomorrow)

jpsl
Newly Registered

Post by jpsl » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:38 pm

Anyone who applied in June had their applications approved yet?

Kaysha
Newly Registered

Post by Kaysha » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Saifee786 wrote:Hello Everyone,
I applied for ILR after completing 5 years on Tier1(G) . My timeline is as below.

Application date : 25th May 2016
BRP letter received: 8th June 2016
BRP done : 15th June 2016
Never received any email update

Just today received a letter from UKVI that my application can't be decided in 6 months time frame as they are waiting response from other Government agencies. Don't know how long its gona take now. Has anyone else received similar letter ? or any other update after this letter. Thanks
Hi Saifee,

I have received same letter today saying your application will take more than 6 months. Additionally, casework is asking for an explanation that why your son has not been applied in the application.

My timeline:

Application Date: 01/06/2016
BRP letter: 14/06/2016
BRP Enrollment: 20/06/2016
Never received automated email from UKVI

Can someone kindly provide me a sample letter to explain why I didnt applied for my son's visa?

Regards.

kianifarrukh
Newly Registered

Post by kianifarrukh » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:08 pm

chelsea_arv wrote:We have have to upgrade our application to Premium and go to Liverpool tomorrow from London. This whole process is so costly ( extra £600 on top of the £2100). Lets just hope this is it...until naturalisation!!!

Money not taken yet
Hi,
Would you kindly share outcome of your appointment. I have applied in June and requested for postal to premium service upgrade, which HO has rejected last month.
Thanks

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:38 pm

kianifarrukh wrote:
chelsea_arv wrote:We have have to upgrade our application to Premium and go to Liverpool tomorrow from London. This whole process is so costly ( extra £600 on top of the £2100). Lets just hope this is it...until naturalisation!!!

Money not taken yet
Hi,
Would you kindly share outcome of your appointment. I have applied in June and requested for postal to premium service upgrade, which HO has rejected last month.
Thanks
We were successful with our application. It was a 3 hour process and there were a few problems but the staff were so helpful and we were able to solve the problem then and there. It was such a pain having to go to Liverpool but worth it. We were on an Ancestry visa so we don't have to "prove" as much but we still had to pay the extra 500 and go the extra mile . I am sorry that your upgrade was rejected, i am not sure why but even our application was not that straight forward in the end. The staff were fantastic though and i am just so happy that we have our ILR and passports back...HOME TIME!!!!!!

crbuk
Newly Registered

Post by crbuk » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Kaysha wrote:
I applied for ILR after completing 5 years on Tier1(G) . My timeline is as below.

Just today received a letter from UKVI that my application can't be decided in 6 months time frame as they are waiting response from other Government agencies. Don't know how long its gona take now. Has anyone else received similar letter ? or any other update after this letter. Thanks
Hi Saifee,

I have received same letter today saying your application will take more than 6 months. Additionally, casework is asking for an explanation that why your son has not been applied in the application.

My timeline:

Can someone kindly provide me a sample letter to explain why I didnt applied for my son's visa?

Regards.
it is on home office website, if your baby is born in UK,
Children born while you’re in the UK

If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay.

You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with them.

When you apply, send a full UK birth certificate for each child showing the names of both parents.
(https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members)
It says you must apply if you want to travel in and out of the UK

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:06 pm

Just received confirmation letters for myself and my girlfriend that we have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain. We applied on June 21st 2016 under Ancestry. The wait is over!

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:53 pm

ILR SET(O), Ancestry
Date Posted: 20/06/2016
Date of Receipt: 21/06/2016
Payment Taken : 24/06/2016 (Was pending from 22/06/2016 on credit card)
E-mail: None received
Biometrics letter: Received 29/07/2016 (Dated 27/07/2016)
Biometrics submitted: 01/08/2016
Acceptance Letter: 11/11/2016
BRP Permit: Within 7 days

Kaysha
Newly Registered

Post by Kaysha » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:13 pm

crbuk wrote:
Kaysha wrote:

Hi Saifee,

My timeline:

Regards.

If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay.

When you apply, send a full UK birth certificate for each child showing the names of both parents.
Thanks crbuk.

So it means I can just write to them simply saying "The reason we didn’t include our son in our application is that we are not planning to travel abroad anytime soon. Our plan is to apply for his UK registration as soon as we get our ILR visas."
Regards

crbuk
Newly Registered

Post by crbuk » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:06 am

crbuk wrote:
Kaysha wrote:

Hi Saifee,

My timeline:

Regards.

Hi
I would suggest not to mention about registration for British. It would be better to answer to query what is asked, no extra information would be great. But after all it your own case, you need to decide what to say.

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:44 pm

NickTheKiwi...
Congrats!... the wait is over!.. wish you the very best!!

kianifarrukh
Newly Registered

Post by kianifarrukh » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Vegeta wrote:I've been following posts here, just thought I'd post my application status.

ILR applied on June 8th 2016 (Tier-1G 5 years route)
Bio-metrics done on July 8th 2016

Received standard 'your application is under consideration, will deal within 6 months' email on Aug 19th, Sep 19th and today,Oct 19th.

Tier-1 Initial application (self employment+ employment)
Extension(self employment+ employment)
ILR- Self employment only( Ltd company director)

Did amendments for 2010-11 tax return...so fingers crossed
Hi Vegeta,
Have you heard anything back on you application. I have applied On 23june and still waiting; never received any emails.

Farrukh

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:08 am

alibahi wrote:
devi2211 wrote:Hi Titou25, shanybaba1974, Alibhai,

Any update on your applications(April last week applications)?

Mine, it is one month now, received that letter from UKBA that they are awaiting response from govt agencies
apart from that no update yet still waiting!!!!

Please share your updates.

Thanks
Hi
there is no update still waiting more then 6 months already
No updates yet, 7th month running still waiting

winnter_summer
Newly Registered

Post by winnter_summer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:39 am

Hi all,

My ILR (Tier1 5 years) was refused last week after 11 months (reasons- they are not satisfied with my self employee earnings ). Now I need to do an administrative review within 14 days. I think AR is just a waste of time and I need to do a Judaical review. Is there anybody with same experience.

Are they reply to the AR within 28 days or will it take longer?

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Dear Members...
How many of this message below do you have to receive monthly before HO make a decision on your case ??.. Is there any cut off point ??

"We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application"

God Bless!

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:38 pm

winnter_summer wrote:Hi all,

My ILR (Tier1 5 years) was refused last week after 11 months (reasons- they are not satisfied with my self employee earnings ). Now I need to do an administrative review within 14 days. I think AR is just a waste of time and I need to do a Judaical review. Is there anybody with same experience.

Winter summer

This is the worst news I could hear in months to be honest ! I thought everything was going well in your case!

Pm me if you have the facidity ? When was your interview it's been a few months since your interview was done isn't it ?

Leme know when you have a pm facility

Thanks

Saifee786
Newly Registered

Post by Saifee786 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Not a good news with such a long wait, Alot of people think that AR is just a waste of time but its worth to try if u have some solid points and yes its usually quick..... while JR is another 3 to 4 months wait.

Nauman2547
inactive

Post by Nauman2547 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:25 pm

Kaysha wrote:

Hi Saifee,

My timeline:

Regards.
Hi saifee and Kaysha,

I have also received similar letter on 2nd november saying they are waiting for gov. agency to respond and asking for my son whereabouts as his application was not made,he was born in uk.
i made my application on 20th May 2016 tier 1 gen
and still waiting.

strada

Post by strada » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi WInter Summer,

Just remain positive, I believe something good will come through for you in the JR.

Did you do tax amendment and made payments to HMRC?

strada

Post by strada » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi,

Has anyone experiencing severe delays in their Tier 1 to ILR application applied for a subject access request? I hear this will prompt them to expedite action. The SAR will detail all information they have about your application and what is holding it.

rocktheparty

Post by rocktheparty » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:57 am

Hi tt2016

Did Hmrc update on their systems too or was it just on papers?
I too did the amendment to 2013 returns in January this year.
But HMRC said they can't update the systems and provided me the amendment on paper.

tt2016 wrote:(322(5)) ILR Refused in Croydon PEO - May 2016

Tax amendments 2013 and 2011 (Amendments made in 2016)

Sent fresh postal application in May 2016 (Solicitor this time)

Alhamdulilah ! ILR granted in end of August 2016