ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query on Permanent Residency requirements

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stanmore06
Newly Registered

Urgent query on Permanent Residency requirements

Post by stanmore06 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:38 pm

Hello noajthan,
I'm hoping you can help advise me. My application for PR was refused based on 15(1)(b) and 7(1)(c) explaining I have not submitted evidence of "dependency". My sponsor is my mum who lives very close to my house. I do receive help from her in many ways including financially but this has never been through the bank because we live very close to each other. I have been given a right of appeal. her treaty right is no issue as she has always been employed. Can you please advice what are the options I can pursue. I will obviously go for the appeal but I have no idea what to expect or how to prepare. my application took almost 7 months with them.

Please advice and thanks in anticipation

Stanmore06

noajthan

Re: Urgent query on Permanent Residency requirements

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Rock-solid evidence of financial dependency will be required; this should be for essential daily needs.
Bank statements and similar are normally expected.

Start here for information about FMs and dependency:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... als-v4.pdf

Alternately, if you can't show you are a dependent direct family member you may be able to show you are an extended family member;
for example, if you can prove you are a member of sponsor/mom's household (in which mom is head of household).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

stanmore06
Newly Registered

Post by stanmore06 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Thanks for that. If I opt for the dependent direct family member or the EFM, aren't there case laws that said one must not necessarily be of the same house hold to proof dependency?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:49 pm

stanmore06 wrote:Thanks for that. If I opt for the dependent direct family member or the EFM, aren't there case laws that said one must not necessarily be of the same house hold to proof dependency?
Cohabitation may not be necessary but whichever case you make you need good evidence to back it.
You need some sort of papertrail whether its of finances or about household.
These are all well-known requirements and you put yourself at a significant disadvantage if you don't work to generate this stuff ahead of time.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.