ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC Database Collection

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:42 am

This topic was created at the time of HSMP, when PBS calculator did not exist.

With Tier 1 replacing HSMP and PBS calculator as the online eligibility tool, this topic and the information in here is now irrelevant.

regards

Pria
Newly Registered

Post by Pria » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:49 am

which means the database is now null and void and ill have to get the asessment from NARIC

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Pria wrote:which means the database is now null and void and ill have to get the asessment from NARIC
Reading the policy guidance carefully should be the first step to undertake.

regards

pandoragate
Newly Registered

BDS from Karachi University

Post by pandoragate » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:10 pm

i have done my BDS from Karachi University, is it equivalent to the UK bachelors or not? because i have applied for exemption from the english test for spouse visa on the basis of the degree.

and by the way, does anyone know if they call the university for verification of the degree or not? i want to make sure the university doesnt keep sleeping and does respond back if emailed or whatever!

any information would be appreciated!

member_2013
Newly Registered

Re: NARIC approved

Post by member_2013 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:16 pm

[quote="neha khera"]Can anyone check whether the following universities are NARIC approved:

K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai, India
and
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and communication technology (DA-IICT), Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India[/quote]

Hello Neha,

I know its been long time. But I wanted to know that did you get approval by NARIC ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

nats

How to check

Post by nats » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:03 pm

I have assessed my English Language Skills. My university is listed in Calculator but when enter my degree and other stuff it gives 0 in English Language Points.

plaistow

Post by plaistow » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 pm

My wife done LLB degree from Punjab university Lahore and most of her subjects were taught in english.

Just curious if that satisfy the english requirement for the spouse visa or does she has to do something else.

Please advice.

Thanks

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 am

If she intends to apply for Tier 1 Dependent visa I dont think she needs english language though if she is applying as dependent of either a british national or ILR she will need to pass the relevent test.

All the best

plaistow

Post by plaistow » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 pm

alimohmand wrote:If she intends to apply for Tier 1 Dependent visa I dont think she needs english language though if she is applying as dependent of either a british national or ILR she will need to pass the relevent test.

All the best
She is applying as a dependent of settled person.

She got her 3 years LLB after doing her BSC, please comments if she relly need to do any test as her subjects were taught in English.

Thanks

manojkumarmallick
Newly Registered

Re: NARIC Database Collection

Post by manojkumarmallick » Fri May 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Hi Friends,
I want to apply for New Zealand immigration.
I have done my Bachelor Of Engineering from "Biju Patnaik University Of Technology", orissa.
can anyone reply me ... "Biju Patnaik University Of Technology" is listed on NZ immigration list or not ?

Regards
Manoj Kumar Mallick

sams_369
Newly Registered

Post by sams_369 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:52 pm

i can someone help me here

i am applying T2 general visa (advert route) i have completed my degree in Dravidian university, calculator show 0 points for English to my university but i can find my university in NARIC Database Collection. Do i need to attend IELTS or any alternate available?

sams_369
Newly Registered

Post by sams_369 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:54 pm

i can someone help me here

i am applying T2 general visa (advert route) i have completed my degree in Dravidian university, calculator show 0 points for English to my university but i can find my university in NARIC Database Collection. Do i need to attend IELTS or any alternate available?

Santy
Newly Registered

Post by Santy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:54 am

Hi,

I am apply for British Naturalization and I am currently on ILR. I have completed by Bachelors of Science degree (Mathematics and Computer science) from College that is affiliated to Mumbai University and I have received a degree from University of Mumbai for my B.sc. Then I came to UK and completed my Postgraduate Certificate in Management for 1 year. I have applied for English Language Assessment with UK Naric. I submitted my 3 years mark sheets, my Bachelors Degree, Postgraduate Certificate in management and a letter from my college stating that I have completed the 3 year degree from IY college and the college is affiliated with University of Mumbai and medium of instruction was English. Now I am waiting for UK Naric reply.

However, I have read some post on forum that even if you have 3 years Bachelors degree from University of Mumbai and submit all the above documents mentioned, the application gets rejected but don't know on what basis application gets rejected.

Can someone one please let me know that if UK Naric accepts the Bachelors Degree from University of Mumbai. Also, if they don't accept then what is the reason of the application failure. If anyone has come across this situation please share your experience. I would be very grateful.

Thanks
San

srinik81
Newly Registered

Re: AMIE equivalent to British Bachelors

Post by srinik81 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 am

deepakr2007 wrote:I Have got assement - Passing Section A and Section B examination of Intitution of Engineers (I) is equivalent to British bachelors (hons). degree.

regds

Deepak

Hi,

please can you tell me provisional certificates and marksheets are sufficient for assesment.because i just passed in summer 2014 exam so it will take time for FInal degree certificates

srini

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi friends,
Is this NARIC was mandatory, I never submitted any NARIC while my extension. My university was detected in points based system. So i haven't submitted. And for english language assessment also i have submitted my university letter when i applied first time. After that always mentioned that claimed previously so no need to submit proof.

But my question was here, When I go for ILR is it mandatory to submit NARIC or ILR also just like an extension. Seems it was paid service right. How much it was costing ?

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh Kotha

kestonbrill
Newly Registered

Post by kestonbrill » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:08 am

Please i will like know the equivalent of my degree which i obtained from Aligarh Muslim University. Aligarh India to British Educational Level. Thank you.

rukmesh

Post by rukmesh » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 am

kestonbrill wrote:Please i will like know the equivalent of my degree which i obtained from Aligarh Muslim University. Aligarh India to British Educational Level. Thank you.
Please apply for NARIC comparability.. Is it required in immigration ? or may be I could not understand the question

Godwinc46
Newly Registered

Post by Godwinc46 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi I have done Bachelors degree in Com. from Indira Gandhi National Open University and i am also a qualified Chartered Accountant from India. will any of these be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree In UK ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Godwinc46 wrote:Hi I have done Bachelors degree in Com. from Indira Gandhi National Open University and i am also a qualified Chartered Accountant from India. will any of these be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree In UK ?
You have posted in a thread that is more than 1 year old. You have also posted in a visa category sub forum that is no longer relevant or available. You would need to do a NARIC to find out.

Please post your questions in your existing topic that you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.