ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant visa with Main Applicant British National

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AslamA19
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant visa with Main Applicant British National

Post by AslamA19 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi,
Me and my wife got the Tier 1 extension in March 2014. After that i got the ILR and Nationality and I am now British citizen. My wife came to UK in January 2013 and will still have to take extension to get the ILR in 2018. I have following questions regarding extension of my wife if someone can answer for me.

1- I read somewhere that if you switch the category then you have to go for 5 years in that category. So should i still apply as Tier 1 dependant visa for her?
2- She got 3 years visa before so will she get another 2 years or 3 years visa for that?
3- They have started health surcharges. Does she need to pay surcharge and how much surcharge should be given for her and how to pay for that. Is there any online link for that or you can do it on the spot?
4- What supporting documents will be required of me (Main Applicant)?
i- Do i have to show my passport?
ii- Any of previous ILR or extension document?
iii- Any salary proof is required?
5- What documents will be needed of my wife other than passport, biometric and maintenance fund? Is maintenance fund £630?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Dependant visa with Main Applicant British Nation

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:40 pm

1- I read somewhere that if you switch the category then you have to go for 5 years in that category. So should i still apply as Tier 1 dependant visa for her?
She can continue as Tier 1 G dependent. If she switches to FLR(M) spouse visa, her clock towards ILR will be reset to zero and a brand new 5 year residence period for ILR. She will lose the time spent on PBS dependent if she switches.
2- She got 3 years visa before so will she get another 2 years or 3 years visa for that?
She will get a 3 year extension.
3- They have started health surcharges. Does she need to pay surcharge and how much surcharge should be given for her and how to pay for that. Is there any online link for that or you can do it on the spot?
Yes, she has to pay it BEFORE she can submit her application. For a 3 year extension, she has to pay £600 health surcharge. Immigration Health Surcharge (click)
4- What supporting documents will be required of me (Main Applicant)?
i- Do i have to show my passport?
ii- Any of previous ILR or extension document?
iii- Any salary proof is required?
5- What documents will be needed of my wife other than passport, biometric and maintenance fund? Is maintenance fund £630?
Read the Tier 1 G dependent form and guidance notes.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -dependant

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AslamA19
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Dependant visa with Main Applicant British Nation

Post by AslamA19 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Thanks @CR001 for your help.