ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correction to Standard Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Application Date for Standard Visitor Visa

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi,

I have submitted UK Standard Visitor Visa application for my sister online on 21st Feb. She plans to visit UK on 21st May. As per Home office, The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. The example they state on the website is - You can apply from 16 March if you plan to travel on 15 June.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

I am confused on which date is application date - is it the date of online submission that is counted or the date when the documents are submitted to VFS?

We have VFS appointment on 28th Feb.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Jay

vinny

Re: Application Date for Standard Visitor Visa

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:32 pm

30 wrote:An application for an entry clearance is not made until any fee required to be paid under the regulations made under sections 68 and 69 of the Immigration Act 2014 has been paid.
Kaur (Entry Clearance – date of application) India [2013] UKUT 381 (22 July 2013).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:35 pm

vinny wrote:
30 wrote:An application for an entry clearance is not made until any fee required to be paid under the regulations made under sections 68 and 69 of the Immigration Act 2014 has been paid.
Kaur (Entry Clearance – date of application) India [2013] UKUT 381 (22 July 2013).

Thanks Vinny for the reply. The fee was paid on 21st Feb itself. The Standard Visitor Visa fees has to be paid when you submit the online application so both the dates are same. Do you think this can be an issue and I should ask for refund and apply again?

Thanks,
Jay

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:41 pm

What is the problem here? There is a 3 month gap between Feb 21 and May 21, so should be fine?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:11 am

poper wrote:What is the problem here? There is a 3 month gap between Feb 21 and May 21, so should be fine?
If you see the example I have quoted above from gov.uk website, It seems that I may have applied 3 months and a day in advance. The only thing in my favor is that Feb is of 28 days and not 30 or 31 days.

Still not sure if I am safe or should I apply again.

Any one?

Thanks,
Jay

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:57 am

Unfortunately, some unobservant ECOs may miss or ignore the deferred date requests. Then, ask them to correct it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:39 am

vinny wrote:Unfortunately, some unobservant ECOs may miss or ignore the deferred date requests. Then, ask them to correct it.
I do not want visa start date to be deferred. Can the visa gets cancelled if it is applied more than 3 months in advance?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:07 am

No. They may just put the date of the decision as the start date.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Correction to Standard Visitor Visa

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:56 am

Hi,

I have filled UK Standard Visitor Visa application for my sister with upcoming appointment on 2-Mar-17. I have missed one of the additional name in the application. Now that the application is submitted and Visa fee is paid, how can I make the correction to the application? Can I make changes manually in the printed form that will be submitted or do I need to make a fresh application?

Thanks,
Jay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Correction to Standard Visitor Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:48 am

Manual correction is fine.

Kindly also note that it is not necessary to start a new topic with each question or query you have. Keep your questions in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:10 pm

CR001 wrote:Manual correction is fine.

Kindly also note that it is not necessary to start a new topic with each question or query you have. Keep your questions in this topic.
Is there any reference to above advice? I could not find anything on gov.uk which says that manual corrections are allowed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Many people do it with various categories of visas and it is accepted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:57 pm

CR001 wrote:Many people do it with various categories of visas and it is accepted.
I asked UKVI and got a email advising to create another application and request refund on the old one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:09 pm

Good luck then. Not sure why you asked for advice on it then, you could have just corrected it by hand which is accpetable. The helpline is well known for providing incorrect or inaccurate advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)