ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on ILR application (10 yrs stay)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

loveTH
Newly Registered

Advice on ILR application (10 yrs stay)

Post by loveTH » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Kindly advise me.
I was on Tier 1 general and was refused ILR last year based on tax record not the same on HMRC. A new account had updated my tax record with HMRC and reflected before my admin review outcome. The deception clause was removed but HO refused the admin review based on my 1st mistake. I have started paying the tax debt and direct debit has been setup. I applied on family life and has now been granted 30months on (10yrs route).
I will be 10yrs in October this year and want to apply for ILR based on 10yrs long stay but am not sure if I can still qualify due to admin review that failed. Although, the admin review letter stated I should apply within 14 days if I have any reason to still stay in country and which I submitted with the 14days.
Am now confused if I can submit application in Dec to get my ILR based on 10yrs stay instead of spending 10yrs on family life before getting ILR. (my children and wife are British).

Pls advise.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Advice on ILR application (10 yrs stay)

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Yes, you should be fine for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Carwan10
Newly Registered

Post by Carwan10 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 pm

loveTH wrote:
I applied on family life and has now been granted 30months on (10yrs route).

Hi Love,

Could you pls explain how did you apply visa on family basis
and which form did u use?

Thanks

loveTH
Newly Registered

Post by loveTH » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 am

My lawyer completed the family life forms but not sure of the exact one. The letter received stated "Grant of Leave to Remain, Ten year partner route.
My concern is the " break" because am not sure if they will count the refusal period as break on 10yrs long stay.

Thank you.

loveTH
Newly Registered

Post by loveTH » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 am

Hi
Please can you advise me.
Want to know if am qualify to submit ILR application for 10yrs long residence in Oct 2017 since I have started paying HMRC tax and submitted family life application with 14days given to me.
thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 am

Failure of an admin review is NOT going to affect your ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

loveTH
Newly Registered

Post by loveTH » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Thank you Zimba.