ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received letter from council but nothing from HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vin1983

Received letter from council but nothing from HO

Post by vin1983 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi - not sure I am in this peculiar situation, today I received a letter from my local council dated 11th may that my ceremony is on 17th may. I have not received any single communication from HO after my biometrics was done so is this normal or should I wait till monday and give a call to home office?

In the council letter it is mentioned that I should bring the HO invitation letter along with proof of ID.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: Received letter from council but nothing from HO

Post by Tea_Rocket » Fri May 12, 2017 5:53 pm

I've noticed the Home Office tend to send their letters to applicants by second class post, so the necessary letter might be wending its way to you now. However, it can't hurt to ring them on Monday if nothing arrives tomorrow. They may be able to e-mail you copies of the necessary document(s?) for you to print out and take to the ceremony on Wednesday. It might also be that the approval letter arrives via post on Tuesday (or Wednesday morning) then you'll have the fastest turnaround between receiving the approval letter and citizenship ceremony that I've seen on this board.

If you can't sort it out by the 17th, you can always call the council, explain the situation, and ask them to put your name in for the next citizenship ceremony.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Fri May 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Your approval is probably on its way. You can also call the council and explain the situation and try to rearrange.

Off topic, but can you please post your timeline (perhaps in the appropriate timeline thread)?

iamfatsogracia
Newly Registered

Post by iamfatsogracia » Tue May 16, 2017 1:06 pm

vin1983 wrote:Hi - not sure I am in this peculiar situation, today I received a letter from my local council dated 11th may that my ceremony is on 17th may. I have not received any single communication from HO after my biometrics was done so is this normal or should I wait till monday and give a call to home office?

In the council letter it is mentioned that I should bring the HO invitation letter along with proof of ID.
Hi there, have you had this sorted? I am on the same boat. I received my council letter stating that I will have my British ceremony on 23 May however, I have not received the approval letter from HO. Did you ring your council up? Thanks!

vin1983

Post by vin1983 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Thanks all, I got my HO letter the next day which ironically says I should call the council to ask for an appointment. I would suggest just wait for 1-2 days and it should arrive

lavicaria
Newly Registered

Post by lavicaria » Wed May 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Same here - got the council ceremony letter but not yet the HO approval letter. Seems it can happen. Did anyone in this situation not also receive the HO letter automatically a few days later? If not, was it necessary to contact the HO, and what way is best - phone or e-mail?

iamfatsogracia
Newly Registered

Post by iamfatsogracia » Thu May 18, 2017 1:26 pm

lavicaria wrote:Same here - got the council ceremony letter but not yet the HO approval letter. Seems it can happen. Did anyone in this situation not also receive the HO letter automatically a few days later? If not, was it necessary to contact the HO, and what way is best - phone or e-mail?
I've received my approval letter (dated 05/May/2017) today. So it seems like yours is on its way too. :D

lavicaria
Newly Registered

Post by lavicaria » Fri May 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Yes, HO letter came today, 2 days after council ceremony letter. Good luck all. :D