ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

challenging and tricky scenario TIER 2 related PLZ HELP!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jsejd
Newly Registered

challenging and tricky scenario TIER 2 related PLZ HELP!!

Post by Jsejd » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:15 am

Dear All

I am seriously hoping that someone/anyone would help me out. I am in a very sticky situation and most of you would find it hard to believe that how I managed to get myself in this situation so please I am requesting for some advice and answers;

Here is my situation:

I received my tier 2 general visa in September 2014( I switched from PSW Visa) due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to resign from my job in December 2015. In the hope that I would soon find a job soon under tier 2 I started applying for roles and kept giving interviews one after another but up until now (05 Jun 2017) I have not found a job, I never received a letter from UKBA leave of curtailment or anything. I still have a valid tier 2 visa which is valid until October 2017.

so please could you tell me :

1) if it is possible for me to apply for a new tier 2 visa with new employer, is there still enough time as I do get interview calls?

2) I am illegal in this country and have no legal right to find work?

3)why didnt the home office send me any letter in the first place asking me to pack my bags and leave?

please if any one could help with the above queries and what is the legality of my situation.

I look forward to response.

kind regards

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: challenging and tricky scenario TIER 2 related PLZ HELP!

Post by poper » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:00 am

Jsejd wrote:Dear All

I am seriously hoping that someone/anyone would help me out. I am in a very sticky situation and most of you would find it hard to believe that how I managed to get myself in this situation so please I am requesting for some advice and answers;

Here is my situation:

I received my tier 2 general visa in September 2014( I switched from PSW Visa) due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to resign from my job in December 2015. In the hope that I would soon find a job soon under tier 2 I started applying for roles and kept giving interviews one after another but up until now (05 Jun 2017) I have not found a job, I never received a letter from UKBA leave of curtailment or anything. I still have a valid tier 2 visa which is valid until October 2017.

so please could you tell me :

1) if it is possible for me to apply for a new tier 2 visa with new employer, is there still enough time as I do get interview calls?

2) I am illegal in this country and have no legal right to find work?

3)why didnt the home office send me any letter in the first place asking me to pack my bags and leave?

please if any one could help with the above queries and what is the legality of my situation.

I look forward to response.

kind regards
Does UKVI hold your up to date address? Have you been moving home?
Call up UKVI and check if they ever sent a curtailment letter.
If a curtailment letter was never sent then it should be fine.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:54 am

Just to add (in case you are considering ILR) :
You will only be able to get a Tier 2 visa until September 2020. And you won't be able to apply for ILR based on Tier 2 until September 2020 or before (as your continuous period for ILR based on Tier 2 is broken).

Jsejd
Newly Registered

Post by Jsejd » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Thank you both for the advice, very useful. Much appreciated.

Kind regards