ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of failing interview on your partner's application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haniaaa
Newly Registered

Impact of failing interview on your partner's application

Post by Haniaaa » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:28 am

Hi,

I am applying for an entrepreneur initial application (outside UK) where my sister is going to be my business partner. Our mother will show the investment funds in her account for both of us. Now I am planning to establish a Marketing Consultancy firm in UK, as I have 8+ years experience of Marketing Consultancy. However, my sister, who is acting as my parnter in the application has no experience of Marketing Consultancy at all.

If my business partner (my sis) fails the initial interview by ukba due to her lack of experience of the chosen business or because she is unable to justify the business plan, is it going to impact my application? Can UKBA issues initial visa to one of the applicants, and refuse the application of his/her partner? or what if the applicant who fails is interviewed first, does it impact the interview of second applicant?

Thanks,
Hania

marcnath

Re: Impact of failing interview on your partner's applicatio

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:59 am

Note: There is no UKBA anymore
Haniaaa wrote:Hi,

I am applying for an entrepreneur initial application (outside UK) where my sister is going to be my business partner. Our mother will show the investment funds in her account for both of us. Now I am planning to establish a Marketing Consultancy firm in UK, as I have 8+ years experience of Marketing Consultancy. However, my sister, who is acting as my parnter in the application has no experience of Marketing Consultancy at all.

If my business partner (my sis) fails the initial interview by ukba due to her lack of experience of the chosen business or because she is unable to justify the business plan, is it going to impact my application? Can UKBA issues initial visa to one of the applicants, and refuse the application of his/her partner? or what if the applicant who fails is interviewed first, does it impact the interview of second applicant?

Thanks,
Hania
While previous experience in the field is not a direct condition, the requirements are sufficiently broad to allow them to reject if they believe the only reason your sister is included is to get her into the UK using this route.

Both applications are expected to be evaluated on its own merits, so theoretically it is possibly that yours is approved and your sister's is rejected. However, since some things like access to funds can be shared, rejection of one may have an impact on the other's access to the funds, depending on how the funds are shown.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.