ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mb7891

Re: Fiance Visa

Post by mb7891 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 am

Hi

did you finalize the application yet on Visa4UK site? Once you do that you will get a series steps to follow

and each will be go green when completed, with a tick i have pasted the below which show the completed steps

Application Completed (this will only show completed when finalized)
Declaration Signed
BRP Collection Location
View Appointment
IHS Payment Completed
View Payment
Register at Commercial Partner
Print Application - This is where you will print the VAF form to take to application centre based on what you filled before. This is the auto generated form

Then you use the link i sent you before to complete appendix 2 to include with the above this you will need to print off and fill by hand , this will not be auto generated

link below for appendix 2 again

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi,

No although the application is completed we were advised on here for my partner to pass the IELTS course (July 7th) first before applying?

I can see from your e-mail then the steps she will need to proceed. Is an IHS payment required even though the initial fiance visa will be for 6 months?

We have completed the appendix 2 which she will present at the Biometrics appointment. With regard to additional documents to be presented at that meeting would you recommend any of the following;

1) Her pension certificate with stamp. (she has just retired after 25 years with the Mexican health service)
2) My rental tenancy agreement.
3) Inventory of my rented property
4) We both have shared ownership houses in our respective countries. Hers with family and myself with a housing association although at the moment my ex partner lives there.

Thanks very much for your advice

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:45 pm

The IHS payment isn't due for a fiance visa. This will be paid when applying for FLR(M) once you are married.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MakingItWork
Newly Registered

Post by MakingItWork » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Casa wrote:The IHS payment isn't due for a fiance visa. This will be paid when applying for FLR(M) once you are married.
True. But when applying online she might be prompted to pay by the system. It redirects for some reason. I had to pay the surcharge but got it refunded about 2 weeks after the decision had been made on the Visa.

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi

My bad I should have pointed out those were the completed steps for my spouses application, so you had an idea of how to print the auto generated form.

As Casa pointed out this is not payable for Fiance Visa.
sprinter1967 wrote:
1) Her pension certificate with stamp. (she has just retired after 25 years with the Mexican health service)- what is this in support of? because UKVI looks at your income to sponsor the applicant from the UK
2) My rental tenancy agreement. - you will need this to prove accommodation element, also a letter from the landlord saying you have permission for your Fiance to be living there and giving the details of the accommodation like number of rooms. Also Council tax/utility bills.
3) Inventory of my rented property - not needed
4) We both have shared ownership houses in our respective countries. Hers with family and myself with a housing association although at the moment my ex partner lives there. - Again you need to show how you will accommodate your fiance, i presume you will not be living at this house and the rental place listed above so not needed

Thanks very much for your advice

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Thank you that makes things very much clearer to me.

For the time being i will plough on but too anybody that has shared their wisdom we are both extremely grateful.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi,

We have been told with the new rules that supporting documents now need to be separated by Barcoded categories for example proof of finances; sponsors docs etc. However the PDF requirement i have viewed about this relates to the Philippines not Mexico and includes a Tuberculosis section. Will my partner have to wait to generate the said forms when her online application is sent. Or would you advise downloading the Philippines form and using this is an index so she can start putting documents in the right categories.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:48 pm

sprinter1967 wrote:Hi,

There is some confusion between my partner and i as to which official documents we will need to present.

1) Appendix 2 of VAF4A...I know this one is required so no issue.

2) Personal details VAF4A....is this required?

3) Appendix 2 VAF 4A financial requirement form....is this required?
Yes to all three.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:35 am

With regard to the documents i am submitting do the 6 months of bank statements also require any official letter from my bank?

And as we are using my financial route to apply is there any need for my fiance to supply her bank statements etc?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:55 am

sprinter1967 wrote:With regard to the documents i am submitting do the 6 months of bank statements also require any official letter from my bank? Only if the statements aren't original

And as we are using my financial route to apply is there any need for my fiance to supply her bank statements etc? No
(Casa, not CR001)

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:52 pm

My partner has her IELTS A1 Life skills test booked for July 6th. She has checked with the approved college in Mexico that is the requirement for the UK Fiance.

Would you say this is the correct one?

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi

Here are the approved tests and providers in Mexico:

IELTS SELT Consortium IDP MX026 International House Mexico City Ometusco 35, 201 Col. Hipodromo Condesa, MexicoCity, Mexico Permanent IELTS (all facets) Life Skills

IELTS SELT Consortium BC MX030 BC Mexico City TEC Campus Ciudad de Mexico, Calle del Puente 222,
Ejidos de Huipulco, Tlalpan, Mexico 14380 D.F.
Mexico Permanent IELTS (all facets) Life Skills

Make sure its one of the above testing locations and that you have booked a test for UKVI IELTS, not just the general IELTS

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:07 am

Hi,

My partner was married before and the marriage was annulled and she has the translated document to prove this. Should we produce this certificate at the biometric meeting or any stage of the visa application?

We realise it is necessary to produce to the document at Registry Office here before marriage.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:05 pm

It will have to be submitted with the rest of your documents with the application.
(Casa, not CR001)

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:43 am

Hi,

I have asked my Estate Agents for a letter confirming my fiance has permission to live there. First of all they asked to see a copy of her passport signed by someone of standing confirming it is my partner. I have sent that but now they have replied with the following...Hi David

Without her Visa all we can do is a letter stating that once we see sight of her visa she will become a permitted occupier

They say this is a new law. Can you confirm this is the case and the letter as above will be sufficient for the Application?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:46 pm

sprinter1967 wrote:Hi,

I have asked my Estate Agents for a letter confirming my fiance has permission to live there. First of all they asked to see a copy of her passport signed by someone of standing confirming it is my partner. I have sent that but now they have replied with the following...Hi David

Without her Visa all we can do is a letter stating that once we see sight of her visa she will become a permitted occupier

They say this is a new law. Can you confirm this is the case and the letter as above will be sufficient for the Application?
They are correct, but the letter they have offered should be sufficient.
(Casa, not CR001)

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:51 am

My fiance is at the online application stage and has arranged her Biometrics for 14th August in Mexico City. She is at the register at commercial partner stage but despite completing the section and paying fees for scanning and courier of the visa the section does not go green and the next step of printing the online application also remains black. Is this just a matter of waiting and once VFS check the details it goes green? Please help as the contact tab just send you back to the Visa4UK gov site. It seems every step we take on this journey the stress levels are increased lol. Your help would be appreciated.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:02 am

If anyone can offer any advise on the above post it would be greatly appreciated.
I am concerned as we are running out of time with the Biometrics meeting being arranged for the 14th August.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi,

Regarding the Barcoded Seperators that VFS Global now supply. We are applying using my wages to meet the financial criteria and this is how i see it...but maybe i am wrong!

TUBERCULOSIS CERTIFICATE
Not applicable to Mexico so not supplied.

EDUCATIONAL EVIDENCE
Ielts test and my fiances university certificates

ACCOMADATION/PERMENENT TEMPORARY
Is this only to do with my (sponsors) accomadation in the UK or is my fiance to give her details?

CONSENT LETTERS AND PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
Sponsor letter from parents/Birth Cerificates/Marriage Annulment Certificate/Marriage venue booking/reception booking/e-mails/whatsapp messages/photo timeline/proof flights/accommodation/gifts

SPONSOR EVIDENCE
Sponsor passport/Form SU07/12 Sponsorship undertaking/Sponsors Letter supporting the application/Letter from Landlord confirming applicant will be added to tenancy when visa is shown/Landlord letter confirming length of tenancy and type of property/Electric Bill/Gas Bill/Council Tax bill.

EMPLOYMENT EVIDENCE
No idea what is supposed to go in here as at the moment my employment details (sponsor) will be in the next section under Financial evidence. We could put my fiances employment history and certified pension certificate but as this is not relevant i am not sure?

FINANCIAL EVIDENCE
Appendix 2 (VAF 4A) Financial requirement/Letter from my employer/P60/6 months payslips/Bank Statements/ List of monthly direct debits and standing orders/

ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS/OTHERS
Please advise as currently empty.

APPENDIX 11
I am presuming this is an index like list of all the documents supplied and which separator they have been placed?

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

URGENT

Post by sprinter1967 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:59 am

We now have a week to go until the Biometric meeting in Mexico City.

Despite completing the VFS partner details on the online application this and the printed off documents remain black and have not gone green like the other 4 sections.

We are running out of time and ANY help at all with the previous posts would help.