ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asohail80

Re: Check the status of your application online - New servic

Post by asohail80 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:59 am

Been past the 10 working days did not receive the approval letter as yet. Called HO in the morning today - they have noted the case and said someone should get back to you within 3 - 5 working days.

Council website allows me to book a ceremony using my reference so at least I know the decision is positive. However, this whole waiting process has been very frustrating especially knowing that the application fee is in no way small. I completely empathize with members who applied in March '17 or earlier and still haven't had their applications decided.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Its still within their 6 month SLA, So members are requested to wait patiently!

black_hawk
BANNED

Post by black_hawk » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:43 pm

asohail80 wrote:Been past the 10 working days did not receive the approval letter as yet. Called HO in the morning today - they have noted the case and said someone should get back to you within 3 - 5 working days.

Council website allows me to book a ceremony using my reference so at least I know the decision is positive. However, this whole waiting process has been very frustrating especially knowing that the application fee is in no way small. I completely empathize with members who applied in March '17 or earlier and still haven't had their applications decided.
asohail80 wrote: Wat if local council has no online mechanism to book ceremony.... :| :| :|

ktlkaaa

Post by ktlkaaa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:25 pm

asohail80 wrote:Been past the 10 working days did not receive the approval letter as yet. Called HO in the morning today - they have noted the case and said someone should get back to you within 3 - 5 working days.
I received a call back within 1-2 hours so hopefully won't be days before they get back to you

asohail80

Post by asohail80 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:05 pm

I got the letter now so I guess they probably don't need to call me back (they never did anyway). Called up the council to book a private ceremony - they said citizenship officer will call you back within 3 working days to arrange.....the journey continues :lol:

ktlkaaa

Post by ktlkaaa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:29 pm

Congrats! :)

Almost to the end of this journey :)

skahmed89
Newly Registered

Post by skahmed89 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:23 pm

does anyone know how to check online please any website so I can check my application been received thank you
much appreciated
skahmed89

Mat1972
Newly Registered

Post by Mat1972 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:44 am

@ asohail80
You received the letter by post or email?

asohail80

Post by asohail80 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:47 am

received the approval letter by post - I don't think you are able to receive it via email unless you specifically request the HO after your 10 working days have passed and you've had no joy with the post. Even then its a slim chance that they will send a decision via email (although I think it did happen with one of the members who applied in March'17).

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:00 am

migrantplus85 wrote:I applied on 30th March and sent email to UKV yesterday to get an update . My application is not with caseworker yet .Totally unacceptable . We paid so much money and received ancient service. They should have processed the applications for March by start of this month. We all got summer holidays planned and they messed it all up.
I applied on 17th March and still awaiting a decision. What email did you use to contact UKV?

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 am

kamransh wrote:
migrantplus85 wrote:I applied on 30th March and sent email to UKV yesterday to get an update . My application is not with caseworker yet .Totally unacceptable . We paid so much money and received ancient service. They should have processed the applications for March by start of this month. We all got summer holidays planned and they messed it all up.
I applied on 17th March and still awaiting a decision. What email did you use to contact UKV?
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

Pavan82
Newly Registered

Post by Pavan82 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:35 am

[quote="kamransh"][quote="migrantplus85"]I applied on 30th March and sent email to UKV yesterday to get an update . My application is not with caseworker yet .Totally unacceptable . We paid so much money and received ancient service. They should have processed the applications for March by start of this month. We all got summer holidays planned and they messed it all up.[/quote]

I applied on 17th March and still awaiting a decision. What email did you use to contact UKV?[/quote]

I have applied on 17th March , Still waiting for decision :(

snowbrigade
Newly Registered

Post by snowbrigade » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:33 am

I applied of the 31st of March and still awaiting decision. This is getting really frustrating. It has been almost 4 months now, and my case is a really straightforward EEA one. :evil:

Dudley83
Newly Registered

Post by Dudley83 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:55 am

Currently we are both glued to the link where you can check the status (although it's only beta stage, which is not always 100% accurate). I have heard others receive their reply in the post but site stills says awaiting decision.

We need to fly out of the country at the end of Aug for 4 weeks and am a bit concerned about asking for passport details back (didn't us NCS - like an idiot!) I have read that it is fairly straightforward and I believe requesting them back with NOT negatively effect the decision. (I saw on the site you can click to withdraw application or not - we will not be withdrawing). Am I correct in my thinking?

Our application went out in June, and we were hopeful for a fast 2 month application before our vacation. Thanks to march issues, seems like we are destined for closer to the full 6 months time, so we should have more than enough time before anything gets decided and sent back to the UK address.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:11 am

snowbrigade wrote:I applied of the 31st of March and still awaiting decision. This is getting really frustrating. It has been almost 4 months now, and my case is a really straightforward EEA one. :evil:
Being an EEA or not you still the same as anyone else!! That's a UK law not an EU
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

snowbrigade
Newly Registered

Post by snowbrigade » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:03 pm

softy monster wrote:
snowbrigade wrote:I applied of the 31st of March and still awaiting decision. This is getting really frustrating. It has been almost 4 months now, and my case is a really straightforward EEA one. :evil:
Being an EEA or not you still the same as anyone else!! That's a UK law not an EU
This is irrelevant for this thread, but I disagree with you.

For example, I have seen examples of HO either declining applications or requesting for additional evidence from individuals who may have worked unlawfully in the UK if they have for example been on a student visa - these checks have been carried out by the HO under the "good characteristics" section. This is N/A for EEA nationals as we have not required any work permits / been restricted by any immigration controls and Visa restrictions. It is reasonable to argue that any additional checks may prolong the process.

To add to the above, there are also other factors that may make an application either "simple" or "complicated" - not whether one is EEA or non-EEA. Mine is a pretty simple case on all fronts.

As I mentioned above, this is off-topic, and I won't be responding with any further comments. However, your comment back to me came across somewhat aggressive and I wanted to explain the rationale for my original post (which I have done above). Case closed from my side, have a good day.

Shanaz Ali
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Shanaz Ali » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Dudley83 wrote:Currently we are both glued to the link where you can check the status (although it's only beta stage, which is not always 100% accurate). I have heard others receive their reply in the post but site stills says awaiting decision.

We need to fly out of the country at the end of Aug for 4 weeks and am a bit concerned about asking for passport details back (didn't us NCS - like an idiot!) I have read that it is fairly straightforward and I believe requesting them back with NOT negatively effect the decision. (I saw on the site you can click to withdraw application or not - we will not be withdrawing). Am I correct in my thinking?

Our application went out in June, and we were hopeful for a fast 2 month application before our vacation. Thanks to march issues, seems like we are destined for closer to the full 6 months time, so we should have more than enough time before anything gets decided and sent back to the UK address.
Hello Dudley 83

Just to shed some light on return of documents without withdrawing the application. I did ask for my documents back and I got them within 5 working days. I asked back for only the Original Biometric card but the HO sent back ALL documents submitted along with a cover letter stating in part of the letter that they MAY NEED THEM BACK, but not to send anything back until requested.

I hope this helps you to make a decision
All the best.

By the way my application is still not decided applied 22nd March :cry:

Dudley83
Newly Registered

Post by Dudley83 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Thank you Shanz Ali. This is most helpful!

Shanaz Ali
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Shanaz Ali » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Dudley83 wrote:Thank you Shanz Ali. This is most helpful!
Am glad my experience helped you.

Just for your information, I had sent a prepaid envelope (special delivery one) when I had submitted my initial application in March for safe return of documents and I did receive the documents back in that prepaid envelope. So I got them back faster and safely.
I hope you did so too otherwise HO send them back in a second class mail and it may not be a recorded delivery.

black_hawk
BANNED

Post by black_hawk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:19 pm

aligbutt1 wrote:
black_hawk wrote:
aligbutt1 wrote:
Sami El Haj wrote:Is everyone his status changed to decided, received positive outcome from the home office?

Hi there, I applied for FLR(M) 1st time on 22 may 2017 by post.
Last checked my status online today and it says 'decided' status last updated on 18 july 2017. Has not received my decision letter yet. Hopefully, will receive within week. Fingers crossed!

@aligbutt1 was just wondering if you have had anything in the post ? :D

@black_hawk. Nothing received in post yet. Today is 5th working day, have to wait till 10th working day before i call ukvi.

@aligbutt1 did you get anything in the post ? I know its not 10 days but i was just wondering how long this whole process gonna take.....

arun4query
Newly Registered

Post by arun4query » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi

I have applied on 17/06/2017 for Tier 2 general dependant and when checking using the online status using

my case id without (0) in front which i got from the received biometric letter
my application reference number

But I am receiving as Reference Not Recognised.

Is there a specific time that the update this link or is there something i am doing wrong. Appreciate your help

skahmed89
Newly Registered

Post by skahmed89 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Mat1972 wrote:@ asohail80
received by email ive just received email their have received the application
now just waiting game thats all need to wait 60day two month

100kg

Post by 100kg » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:48 pm

its more than 60 days mate. i applied in may , stillwaitin. many peple from feb , march, and april are still waiting.
its more than 60days trust me , though one of my friends own was about 2 months

skahmed89 wrote:
Mat1972 wrote:@ asohail80
received by email ive just received email their have received the application
now just waiting game thats all need to wait 60day two month

black_hawk
BANNED

Post by black_hawk » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:08 pm

I am having similar issues- council posted me a letter but no clue of HO confirmation. any ideas what i should be doing but its not 10 working days yet so I guess should wait.

snowbrigade
Newly Registered

Post by snowbrigade » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Applied on 31/03, biometrics on 22/04. Today on 28/07 application status changed to "Decided" - decided on 26/07.

So now I guess the wait to receiving the letter starts! Always something to stress about... :mrgreen: