ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone got approval - applied Nov 2016 (spouse Irish citiz)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tatalo
Ireland

Re: Anyone got approval - applied Nov 2016 (spouse Irish cit

Post by Tatalo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:42 am

Hey guys,

Have you got approved? or did you get any updates?

Charmander
BANNED

Post by Charmander » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:23 pm

Tatalo wrote:Hey guys,

Applied about 6 months ago.... Got acknowledgement letter a month after it and have nothing since that. I presume they not in hurry to sort people who living here and the uk applicants are in priority now. That's my personal thinking anyway. The real reason might be total opposite.
Btw i not really expect to get approval by September or whatever month the next ceremony is

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:01 pm

Charmander wrote:

Applied about 6 months ago.... Got acknowledgement letter a month after it and have nothing since that. I presume they not in hurry to sort people who living here and the uk applicants are in priority now. That's my personal thinking anyway. The real reason might be total opposite.
Btw i not really expect to get approval by September or whatever month the next ceremony is
Might be. But I hope you're wrong :) I applied 8 months ago.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:21 pm

If you look at the time line

they are sending passport back faster. Something good will happened approvals will start soon :mrgreen: . finger crossed by the way i am only applying this month

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:45 pm

No news yet. Hope to receive something this month as I am about to complete a year since I submitted my application.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:59 pm

same here syjem I applied in aug16 as well lets see

wish you all well.
thanks

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Mal111 wrote:same here syjem I applied in aug16 as well lets see

wish you all well.
thanks
Thank you
Hope it is not gonna to take long. I am optimistic that we may receive something this month

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:33 am

I am just completing 9 months since my application date and almost 8.5 months since acknowledgment letter. Things seem to have gone really quiet since last 2-3 months. I know a few people who applied in the last 1 year and haven't heard anything since getting 2nd letters earlier in 2017. Hope they announce the date for next ceremony soon and things start to pick up. Fingers crossed!

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 pm

ferocious12 wrote:hi I applied in Nov based on spouse of Irish citizen. No response to date. Anyone got approval ?
hi all,is this p0st ab0ut getting Naturalization or spouse visa?
please reply, i'm bit confused coz i applied for my spouse visa @ irish embassy India 0n n0vember 2016(spouse of Irish citizen category) no response so far at all!

God bless.
India

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:40 pm

adublin wrote:
ferocious12 wrote:hi I applied in Nov based on spouse of Irish citizen. No response to date. Anyone got approval ?
hi all,is this p0st ab0ut getting Naturalization or spouse visa?
please reply, i'm bit confused coz i applied for my spouse visa @ irish embassy India 0n n0vember 2016(spouse of Irish citizen category) no response so far at all!

God bless.
It's about Naturalisation.
Spouse Visa for one of my Irish friends got approved last month after around 6/7 months. His wife is from Pakistan. You should follow up with the immigration regarding an update.

nlassai
Newly Registered

Post by nlassai » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:49 pm

broli wrote:If you look at the time line

they are sending passport back faster. Something good will happened approvals will start soon :mrgreen: . finger crossed by the way i am only applying this month
Any Idea how much time it is taking now to send back the passports? I Had sent 3 weeks ago. Thanks.

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:57 am

Few days - my wife applied on Tuesday and got her passport on Friday last week.

nlassai
Newly Registered

Post by nlassai » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:31 am

Tatalo wrote:Few days - my wife applied on Tuesday and got her passport on Friday last week.
Thanks for the reply Tatalo. Is it based on 5 yr's or Irish spouse? Mine is standard 5 yr's application.

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:34 am

5 years residency

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi guys,

did you hear anything? I saw one update in the Timeline thread in which one user received his/her approval; did anyone else have an update?

Thanks

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Tatalo wrote:Hi guys,

did you hear anything? I saw one update in the Timeline thread in which one user received his/her approval; did anyone else have an update?

Thanks
No update!

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Thanks
No update yet. I have feeling that the next ceremony could be a small ceremony as last June because it seems that they only sending limited approvals and also they only giving 10 days for the payment which is quiet strange, they usually give 28 days to complete the payment.

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:29 am

Syjem wrote:

Thanks
No update yet. I have feeling that the next ceremony could be a small ceremony as last June because it seems that they only sending limited approvals and also they only giving 10 days for the payment which is quiet strange, they usually give 28 days to complete the payment.
If you're right, this will create a huge backlog in the process; Think about it this way: in 2017 only ~3500 people got their citizenship approved, however, from previous years' data every year 10,000+ applicants get their citizenship. As a result, starting from October ~7,000+ applicants would be delayed even more which will delay future applications as well.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 am

Tatalo wrote:
Syjem wrote:

Thanks
If you're right, this will create a huge backlog in the process; Think about it this way: in 2017 only ~3500 people got their citizenship approved, however, from previous years' data every year 10,000+ applicants get their citizenship. As a result, starting from October ~7,000+ applicants would be delayed even more which will delay future applications as well.
I think you are right. We have been hearing about sudden rush of applications and if they have another small ceremony then that will mean more backlog. Anyway, there are no real stats available in respect of the current quantum of applications or the processing times so we can just hope for the best. :)

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:00 pm

iamok wrote:
Tatalo wrote:
Syjem wrote:

Thanks
I think you are right. We have been hearing about sudden rush of applications and if they have another small ceremony then that will mean more backlog. Anyway, there are no real stats available in respect of the current quantum of applications or the processing times so we can just hope for the best. :)
I hope so. I feel so upset from the process which take so long for no reason . I understand that some applications are complicated but it seems that the delay is for the majority of the applications. I hope that they will sort that out shortly

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:51 pm

All that I can say is that you should keep annoying them and following up with them re status of your applications. This is really unacceptable that they go back to the old ways and start delaying the applicants. It's going to be a disaster in that case. They have to find a way out and speed up things.

zeeshankhan123
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshankhan123 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 am

Hello guys,

My wife application got approved today. I applied from VFS Lahore. How much time it takes for the passport to be ready for collection at VFS?

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:11 pm

zeeshankhan123 wrote:Hello guys,

My wife application got approved today. I applied from VFS Lahore. How much time it takes for the passport to be ready for collection at VFS?
Congratulations!
Did she apply for the passport from Pakistan?

zeeshankhan123
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshankhan123 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Alixlboy wrote:

Congratulations!
Did she apply for the passport from Pakistan?
Yes she applied from VFS Lahore, Pakistan. In how much time will her passport be ready for collection?

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Congrats
can you please explain, are you talking about a visa application or citizenship application