ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

denghao3

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by denghao3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:20 pm

cutiieepiie wrote:
denghao3 wrote:
cutiieepiie wrote:Same here! Yes that's what it looks like

The lady I spoke to said to wait 90 working days said to call them back if I don't hear anything (not sure what difference that is going to make). She also said I should hear by then and I will also get the priority fee back

Did you apply using priority?

well, if she say she can escalate your case that is nothing. their told me can escalate your case after 60 working days.

An escalation has been made on your behalf.
We have previously advised you via email the processing of your application
has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the published service
standards. We continue to work on the application and will make a decision
as soon as we are able to. Unfortunately, we cannot give a time scale for
when a decision will be made.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at http://www.GOV.UK

in china, uk settlement visa not provide priority service. no choice for me, so sad.
You've saved a lot of money as they are not really giving people a priority service and treating all applications like standard. I have had my case escalated once in April and they said it's in the priority queue awaiting assessment. Since then they said to wait 60 working days. When these were almost up they emailed to say case is not straightforward and cannot be processed when just a few weeks before they told me it is awaiting a decision and has been processed. It is all a big mess they never give you a clear answer. The final call I made told me to wait 90 days as that is how long it takes from Islamabad.

Which visa have you applied for?

i apply fiance visa with my husband, gay couple here. think all the financial requirement we achieved and we had paid for an agency so should be a straight forward case. however, their think my case is not straight forward.
and this is another email i got last week after i call them.
As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not
been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will
be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the
application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. I have
escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be
progressed as quickly as possible. Please note however that we are
currently in a peak period so all processing times are currently longer than
usual.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:30 pm

I'm new to the board. Posting as it's taken a while for my husband's visa application to be processed so thought I'd have a google and I'm shocked. To be honest I'm sat here in tears because it seems like this could go on for months and months longer.

Application submitted online: 14/04/2017
Biometrics/documents submitted: 14/04/2017 (Tirana)
Email to say application is not straight forward: 17/07/2017
Email to say application on hold due to financial element: 17/07/2017
Email to MP: 17/07/2017
Reply from MP to say details sent to Home Office to investigate: 18/07/2017
Sponsors salary: £20k for first 3 months. £24k since
Married
2 British children from previous relationship

Any advice as to possible timescales would be really appreciated. I'm at my wits end, I miss my husband terribly and my children miss their step father.

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:34 pm

denghao3 wrote:
cutiieepiie wrote:
denghao3 wrote:
cutiieepiie wrote:Same here! Yes that's what it looks like

The lady I spoke to said to wait 90 working days said to call them back if I don't hear anything (not sure what difference that is going to make). She also said I should hear by then and I will also get the priority fee back

Did you apply using priority?

well, if she say she can escalate your case that is nothing. their told me can escalate your case after 60 working days.

An escalation has been made on your behalf.
We have previously advised you via email the processing of your application
has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the published service
standards. We continue to work on the application and will make a decision
as soon as we are able to. Unfortunately, we cannot give a time scale for
when a decision will be made.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at http://www.GOV.UK

in china, uk settlement visa not provide priority service. no choice for me, so sad.
You've saved a lot of money as they are not really giving people a priority service and treating all applications like standard. I have had my case escalated once in April and they said it's in the priority queue awaiting assessment. Since then they said to wait 60 working days. When these were almost up they emailed to say case is not straightforward and cannot be processed when just a few weeks before they told me it is awaiting a decision and has been processed. It is all a big mess they never give you a clear answer. The final call I made told me to wait 90 days as that is how long it takes from Islamabad.

Which visa have you applied for?

i apply fiance visa with my husband, gay couple here. think all the financial requirement we achieved and we had paid for an agency so should be a straight forward case. however, their think my case is not straight forward.
and this is another email i got last week after i call them.
As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not
been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will
be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the
application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. I have
escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be
progressed as quickly as possible. Please note however that we are
currently in a peak period so all processing times are currently longer than
usual.

I don't understand what is complicated about a case and if that is the case they should at least tell you what it is. After receiving the case not straightforward email I got in touch via phone call and they didn't know anything about that. I also emailed a couple of times and they didn't know why it's taking so long surely they should all give you the same info if they are ACTUALLY checking your case when you call or email. We can hope for the best

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:40 pm

givezemra wrote:I'm new to the board. Posting as it's taken a while for my husband's visa application to be processed so thought I'd have a google and I'm shocked. To be honest I'm sat here in tears because it seems like this could go on for months and months longer.

Married

Any advice as to possible timescales would be really appreciated. I'm at my wits end, I miss my husband terribly and my children miss their step father.
Hi givezemra,

The hold that has been on has been lifted and from August 10th they will start processing cases that have been put on hold. I spoke to my lawyer about this and he said the new ruling has made it better for those applying with children and those who cannot meet the financial requirement with income only. My lawyer also told me the home office will now be very careful and less cruel is a good way to put it when processing cases and more lenient.

Hope all the best for you and that you have good news soon. Please don't worry.

Also where are you applying from?

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:33 am

cutiieepiie wrote:
givezemra wrote:I'm new to the board. Posting as it's taken a while for my husband's visa application to be processed so thought I'd have a google and I'm shocked. To be honest I'm sat here in tears because it seems like this could go on for months and months longer.

Married

Hi givezemra,

The hold that has been on has been lifted and from August 10th they will start processing cases that have been put on hold. I spoke to my lawyer about this and he said the new ruling has made it better for those applying with children and those who cannot meet the financial requirement with income only. My lawyer also told me the home office will now be very careful and less cruel is a good way to put it when processing cases and more lenient.

Hope all the best for you and that you have good news soon. Please don't worry.

Also where are you applying from?
Hi

Applying from Tirana, Albania. I really hope whatever the hold up is is now over because I'm really struggling now tbh. And I can feel I'm almost taking it out on my husband, even though it's not his fault. The whole thing as been a mess from beginning to end. And everything that could have gone wrong, has.

My husband was removed from England on 7th April 2016 and I've been waiting for him to return every since but we've literally hit every possible obstacle.

Where are you applying from and what's your timeline?

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:35 am

Thank you for your advice btw cutieepie- it has made me feel a little less tense about it.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:47 am

cutiieepiie
I don't understand what is complicated about a case and if that is the case they should at least tell you what it is. After receiving the case not straightforward email I got in touch via phone call and they didn't know anything about that. I also emailed a couple of times and they didn't know why it's taking so long surely they should all give you the same info if they are ACTUALLY checking your case when you call or email. We can hope for the best[/quote]

well, we cant do anything now. so, just relax, no news maybe is the best news.
by the way, if possible, can you update any news about you next week, thanks, i will update mine as well.
good luck!

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:29 am

givezemra wrote:Thank you for your advice btw cutieepie- it has made me feel a little less tense about it.
You're welcome. I'm sure you will have good news soon. Don't lose hope and think positive.

We applied on 30th March from Islamabad Pakistan. Biometrics on the 3rd April. We were told at the time we will hear in 4 weeks. Have been in touch ever since and currently waiting as they told us after 2 months we will hear within 90 working days. These will be up next week.

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:30 am

denghao3 wrote:
cutiieepiie
I don't understand what is complicated about a case and if that is the case they should at least tell you what it is. After receiving the case not straightforward email I got in touch via phone call and they didn't know anything about that. I also emailed a couple of times and they didn't know why it's taking so long surely they should all give you the same info if they are ACTUALLY checking your case when you call or email. We can hope for the best

well, we cant do anything now. so, just relax, no news maybe is the best news.
by the way, if possible, can you update any news about you next week, thanks, i will update mine as well.
good luck![/quote]

Yeah sure I'll post an update next week hopefully. Good luck to you too

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:21 pm

I dont think HO has seen any of the May applications Yet from pakistan, its taking too long

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Ish21 wrote:I dont think HO has seen any of the May applications Yet from pakistan, its taking too long
There has been 1, Kokab223 p15 of Pakistan timeline. Biometrics submitted 3rd May although application 19th April. I've seen on another forum that they are definitely processing and sending out decisions from applications in May. The latest one I saw was 24th May. I'm sure you will see movement over the next two weeks.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:55 pm

SimonS wrote:
Ish21 wrote:I dont think HO has seen any of the May applications Yet from pakistan, its taking too long
There has been 1, Kokab223 p15 of Pakistan timeline. Biometrics submitted 3rd May although application 19th April. I've seen on another forum that they are definitely processing and sending out decisions from applications in May. The latest one I saw was 24th May. I'm sure you will see movement over the next two weeks.
Does anyone know if HO shall randomly pick on Hold applications or say taking from the earliest from maybe say Nov 2016 ? or taking the priority applications first ?

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:40 am

My application was made on 10th may and biometrics on 11th, soo would they pick anyones application randomly or do they go through biometric/application date order?

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:01 am

Hi

I think they should process Priority cases first and then go by the biometric date order. I think it's fair?!

I submitted my biometrics 13th January. Been over 7 months

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi

I think they should process Priority cases first and then go by the biometric date order. I think it's fair?!

I submitted my biometrics 13th January. Been over 7 months
Hi,
sorry to hear that. did u receive any email for explain why your application so long?
and where u apply from?

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi Denghao3

Yes I received a not straightforward and a hold email back in March.

I applied at Sheffield and biometric's were given by my husband in Pakistan Mirpur

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering anyone who hasn't heard back for a while and not had hold email, only case not straightforward? What happens with these cases as they are not on hold.

Thanks

bijoubougy
Newly Registered

Post by bijoubougy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi

I applied march 16 2017 online , biometrics done in Islamabad by my husband on 24th march and we have not heard anything or had my documents back since , I have no on hold email either and last time I asked for a status update in June I was told it's awaiting decision . Has anyone else who has applied via category D experienced this ?

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi everyone
Hope everyone is alright and strong ;)
I was wondering if anyone has any news or any update or anything about there application as this Thursday they will reopen all the hold applications....
especially those who's waiting sinces novermber December
Any updates guys ?

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi Raj86

No news yet.. Still waiting.

Will keep u guys updated if I hear anything.

I'm waiting since January

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi RAJ86

Nothing as of now keep us updated if you hear anything as i have applied 1 week before you from Ahmedabad. Hopefully we all get some good news very very soon!!

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi Denghao3

Yes I received a not straightforward and a hold email back in March.

I applied at Sheffield and biometric's were given by my husband in Pakistan Mirpur
Hi,
thanks for your reply.
well, i had receive an email say my case not straight forward, but never receive any email about hold? what is hold email?
thanks

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:43 pm

Ish21 wrote:
My application was made on 10th may and biometrics on 11th, soo would they pick anyones application randomly or do they go through biometric/application date order?
I'm sure they go in order. Trouble is they have experienced staff and new staff. Like any organisation, people will work at different speeds. Just depends who gets your application and what checks they need to make.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

lamlamuk
Newly Registered

Post by lamlamuk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:13 am

Hi everyone,

My husband is an American citizen but currently working on a military base in Kosovo so has made his application from there. He did his bio-metrics 6th June 2017. At the time of the application it said 100% in Kosovo are decided within 10 working days. Great we thought....quicker than applying from the US. After 10 days we called for an update, the woman said that's strange give it another couple of days and we'll escalate it for you. Checked processing times the next day and low and behold, 100% complete within 90 working days :(

My question is this. If the cases that have been on hold for months and months are starting again on the 10th August, does that mean any others are now pushed to the back of the queue? Like ours for instance?

Also, we had a refusal last year, does that make the process slower the second time round?

I am home with the 5 kids including 3 under 3's so need my husband home....asap!! We didn't pay priority as we didn't think it was worth it for a 10 day turnaround :(

Any info is much appreciated :)

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:59 am

Raj86 wrote:Hi everyone
Hope everyone is alright and strong ;)
I was wondering if anyone has any news or any update or anything about there application as this Thursday they will reopen all the hold applications....
especially those who's waiting sinces novermber December
Any updates guys ?

Hi Raj86

I don't have any news yet and have been waiting since Nov. 16. I'm hoping for a reply this month so will keep you updated with any news.