ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for ILR (10 yrs long residence)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

getilr
Newly Registered

Apply for ILR (10 yrs long residence)

Post by getilr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 am

Hello everyone. I wish to get some opinions. I have been in the UK lawfullly with continous leave , no convictions or overstaying etc. I entered 27 September 2007. Unfortunately i have just had my first visa refusal, for shory maintenance money, as a tier 4 dependant. I will put in an AR on the 15th without much hope of a positive answer but hoping to buy time praying the reply comes after at least 20 days.

I am aware that after negative reply i will have 14 days ti make an application under 39E. Ihave booked a PEO appointment for 28 days before the 10 years. I will apply as an overstayer for ILR. Any thoughts on this?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Apply for ILR (10 yrs long residence)

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:07 pm

You will be refused ILR unless on the day of your PSC appointment your have been:

- Overstaying for less than 14 days and
- You are max 28 days from completing 10 years since the very first date of your entry to the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

getilr
Newly Registered

Post by getilr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Thank you Zimba. I entered UK on 27.09.17 and so far i still have my leave to remain pending the outcome of the AR i will submit on Tue 15.08.17 i am hoping then the reply will come in a week at the very least. In that scenario i will be able to apply on say 04.09.17 with 13 days overstay.

In principle are saying it will be okay as long as i dont exceed the 14 days on PSC appointment and am less than 28 days from 10years. Will they not say you were never going to attain the 10years or its more about satisfying the conditions on the day?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:10 am

You must satisfy the conditions on the day
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice