ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview For First Passport After Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UK007
Mood:

Interview For First Passport After Naturalisation

Post by UK007 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Chinho2k wrote:Application Type: First Passport
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 31 Jul 2017
Date application received by HMPO: 01/08/2017
Date of text acknowledgement from HMPO: 03/08/2017
Text confirming passport despatched: 10/08/2017
Date of return of documents: Documents not received yet
Date of receipt of interview letter: No Interview
Date of Passport Appointment: No Interview
Date of Passport Receipt: 11 Aug 2017

First passport after naturalisation (postal naturalisation application), passport also postal without check and send, 10 working days from application and passport received without attending an interview.
mbfill wrote:Passport for: Adult
Application Type: First Passport after Naturalisation
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 28 July 2017
Date application received by SMS: 02 August 2017 - "We'll contact you by 23/08 if more info or an interview is required. If not, expect your passport by this date. No further update on progress will be given."

UPDATE: SMS received today "You should receive your new passport within a few working days. We'll send your supporting documents separately" (Confused over this - does it mean I may not have an interview?)

Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Interview:
Passport documents received:
Passport received today:
Congratulations to "Chinho2k" & "mbfill". Passport without interview means one less hassle.
Just wonderin how come people are getting passport without an interview? Is there any update on the rules? :roll:

Casa

Re: Interview For First Passport After Naturalisation

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:27 pm

If the application is submitted through the NCS JCAP service no interview is required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Casa wrote:If the application is submitted through the NCS JCAP service no interview is required.
There appears to have been a review of the rules of some sort as I did not submit my application through NCS, it was a postal application and so was the passport application which was not via check and send and I have seen one other similar situation on this forum. As secret.simon said, for once the Home Office using a common sense approach, after so many ID checks including the ceremony, why complicate things further with a passport interview.

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:00 am

Chinho2k wrote:There appears to have been a review of the rules of some sort as I did not submit my application through NCS, it was a postal application and so was the passport application which was not via check and send and I have seen one other similar situation on this forum. As secret.simon said, for once the Home Office using a common sense approach, after so many ID checks including the ceremony, why complicate things further with a passport interview.

Hope they use their common sense with everyone, after so many ID checks there's no need for an interview. I had my Naturalisation application done by NCS, however my passport application was done online.

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Just to update you guys, I received my passport WITHOUT any interview :D
my timeline is as follows:

Application Type: First Passport after Naturalisation
Method of application: Online
Date of online application: 04 Aug 2017
Date of declaration & supporting documents posted: 07 Aug 2017
Date application received by HMPO: 08 Aug2017

Date of text acknowledgement from HMPO: None