ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation - joint ownership from previous partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Simakhan
Newly Registered

Accommodation - joint ownership from previous partner

Post by Simakhan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:45 am

Hi all
I'm going to get married in 2 months time and in a bit of puddle!

I am currently living in jointly owners house ( myself n ex 50/50 owners on the land registery) he currently pays the mortgage I just pay bills. I have a disabled child and I'm on carer allowance which I was told by solicitor that grans me exemption from income requirement

My question is regarding accommodation!!! How will I submit paperwork ? Will it need my ex consent ( which is impossible ofcourse)...
I'm going crazy now...
I start thinking of moving out but won't get housing benefit as I co-own a property (this one) already so won't have much left to pay ...
Also tell me about the changes that might have come up as result of judgement? Is the salary threshold changed to lower level or what?
I have £3,000 saving in bank saving account held last three months.
I want to know if I go for a job and move out of this property
What if I rent out the room in my house ,( as I'm 50% owner and ex won't object it) how will I present my income from rent then?

Pls respond as I'm really getting confused as I. We'd to sort this before application and gettin g married in couple of months backbone

Thanks in advance xx

Casa

Re: Accommodation - joint ownership from previous partner

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:41 pm

You will definitely need your ex-husband's written permission for your new husband to live in the house. You will also have to submit a copy of the mortgage agreement and it will be apparent that you are joint owners of the property.

At present you will only qualify financially under the carer's allowance. Even with the MM Judgement (which I believe is expected to be in November 2017), the £18,600 annual income will remain unchanged. I see that you have posted in the MM thread so you will be aware of the changes being considered, which include 3rd party financial support.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.