ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who got approval since June? [Delays]

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

omarel
Palestine

Who got approval since June? [Delays]

Post by omarel » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi everyone,

Did anyone get approval since June ceremony? Let's please keep each other updated for comfort or even worry for some :) it would be great to know if you can catch October ceremony!

I applied in Oct 2016 and got second stage end of Feb 2017 and nothing since then.

I have emailed them many times but I never got any really elaborative answer, it's usually like everyone's answer. :(

Who got their approvals & when?

Syjem

Re: Who got approval since June? [Delays]

Post by Syjem » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm

@ omarel
I've applied in August 2016 and still waiting for my approval. It seems that they are sending very limited number of approvals. I only saw one who got his approval on 1st of August. rally strange why they are not sending many approvals yet. Hopefully we will hear something good soon

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:40 am

Syjem wrote:@ omarel
I've applied in August 2016 and still waiting for my approval. It seems that they are sending very limited number of approvals. I only saw one who got his approval on 1st of August. rally strange why they are not sending many approvals yet. Hopefully we will hear something good soon
Hi Syjem,

I read on another thread you contacted your TD? What did they say and did they actually help? I was looking to do the same so your experience with it would help.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 am

omarel wrote: Hi Syjem,

I read on another thread you contacted your TD? What did they say and did they actually help? I was looking to do the same so your experience with it would help.
Honestly I got nothing from contacting the TD. He emailed the INIS about my matter and he received the same answer as normal people receive. However, I think that the only option we have is to contact TD and for this I am advising you to talk to your own TD. As I guess that the they don't have a specific reason for the delay in processing most of the applications and for this they only give general answer regardless who is contacting them

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Syjem wrote:

Honestly I got nothing from contacting the TD. He emailed the INIS about my matter and he received the same answer as normal people receive. However, I think that the only option we have is to contact TD and for this I am advising you to talk to your own TD. As I guess that the they don't have a specific reason for the delay in processing most of the applications and for this they only give general answer regardless who is contacting them
So what's the reason behind your advise to contact TD? You think it will give them push? I see that almost everyone here in this forum is delayed so looks like they have an issue causing delays? Don't you think?

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:15 pm

omarel wrote:
Syjem wrote:

So what's the reason behind your advise to contact TD? You think it will give them push? I see that almost everyone here in this forum is delayed so looks like they have an issue causing delays? Don't you think?
I think that the delay is not for everyone. Many people who applied at the same time of me and even after attended the April cermoney which let me think that they don't process all applications in same way. For this I've advised to contact your TD so at least he might get to know if there is any reason for delay and then you can get him to follow up the matter for you if you needed to.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 am

i applied in oct 2015 ..yesss 2015 .. still no answer .. they asked me to submit my Passport n PSP nr .which i did .... n still wait .. kinda fedup of it .. at this point im like " i don't give a S** about it " im so upset .. even my application was straight forwrd .
🚙...................................🚓 🚓..🚓...🚓
🇨🇮❤️🇵🇰

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:11 am

WTF.... 2015 till now and no answer!

Are you sure you don't have any court case and have come to the attention of GARDA at some point.

Did you get your second stage letter yet?

Can you post your time line, if you can.

Dupalsky

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am

Any updates anyone? It is becoming worrying now that many people might miss October ceremony....

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:47 am

omarel wrote:Any updates anyone? It is becoming worrying now that many people might miss October ceremony....
No nothing :( I'm trying to call them since 10:30 without any success.

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Tatalo wrote:
omarel wrote:Any updates anyone? It is becoming worrying now that many people might miss October ceremony....
Whats your timeline?

Mine:
Applied Oct 2016
Second letter Feb 2017

I emailed many times but I get same message as others, that application continuous to be processed and they will get in touch once a decision has been made!!

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:48 pm

omarel wrote:
Tatalo wrote:
Whats your timeline?

Mine:
Applied Oct 2016
Second letter Feb 2017

I emailed many times but I get same message as others, that application continuous to be processed and they will get in touch once a decision has been made!!
When was the last time you contact them? I sent them an email today.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:15 pm

no update yet.
One of my friends who applied in Sept 2016 got a respond to his email that his application continues to be processed which means that he might miss the October ceremony.
I've tried to contact them many times today but no success.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 am

dupalsky wrote:WTF.... 2015 till now and no answer!

Are you sure you don't have any court case and have come to the attention of GARDA at some point.

Did you get your second stage letter yet?

Can you post your time line, if you can.

Dupalsky
no court case no fine no garda problems no visa problems im tellin you 100% no issue what so ever .but they ask me to apply for visa bcz my stamp 4eufam expired n i applied again n got 5 years 4eufam again valid until 2022 .

lol i even forgot the timeline but here it is as far as i remember.

applied oct 2015
first letter Dec 2015
2nd stage letter in feb or March 2016 .

emailed every month since n got same reply ."Application still in possessin"

ask for passport n pps card 2 weeks before n returned it in 4 days ..

STILL WAITIN ...
🚙...................................🚓 🚓..🚓...🚓
🇨🇮❤️🇵🇰

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 am

Ali
can you advise why did you re apply EU1 for 5 years again instead of permanent residence for 10 years?

because if your spouse were exercising her eu treaty rights for 5 years then a permanent residence is better then re applying for EU1 in every way.

thanks

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:17 am

No approval yet but emailed them more than 2 weeks ago and got a response:
"Your application for naturalisation is being prepared for submission to the Minister. You will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application."

This response was different from previous generic responses I've gotten since last 10 months so I am hopeful for October ceremony. What do you guys think?

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:22 am

Tatalo wrote:
omarel wrote:
Tatalo wrote:
Whats your timeline?

Mine:
Applied Oct 2016
Second letter Feb 2017

When was the last time you contact them? I sent them an email today.

Last email sent was 18/7 and they replied on 21/7 saying:
Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Now almost 1 month later and nothing yet.......

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 am

iamok: can you tell us ur timeline also what was ur residency based on work permit/ married to irish citizen or EUFAM?

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:25 am

iamok wrote:
"Your application for naturalisation is being prepared for submission to the Minister. You will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application."

This response was different from previous generic responses I've gotten since last 10 months so I am hopeful for October ceremony. What do you guys think?
I got similar answer almost one month ago (previous post) - lets see!! Please update us once you hear from them! Good luck

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:33 am

Mal111 wrote:iamok: can you tell us ur timeline also what was ur residency based on work permit/ married to irish citizen or EUFAM?
I applied in October 2016 based on 5 years residence (2 years stamp 1 on green card permit & 3 years stamp 4) and I got a second letter in March 2017.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:51 am

omarel wrote:
iamok wrote:

I got similar answer almost one month ago (previous post) - lets see!! Please update us once you hear from them! Good luck
Both responses mean that your application still in second stage. I've got these response and when later asked for an update I've been told that it is still in second stage.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 am

two people I kno received approval both work permit on both letters it says submit fee/card photo within 10 days if want inclusion in oct ceremony also a person in this board says its approval stated the same so I think chances are slim if you don't receive anything within nexk week I guess

I applied in aug16 still waiting

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:45 am

Mal111 wrote:two people I kno received approval both work permit on both letters it says submit fee/card photo within 10 days if want inclusion in oct ceremony also a person in this board says its approval stated the same so I think chances are slim if you don't receive anything within nexk week I guess

I applied in aug16 still waiting
Agree, I think that we only have till end of this month and if nothing came I would say that we will miss Oct ceremony. However, I've mentioned that before, it looks as it is not gonna to be a big ceremony cuz it looks as they only sending few approvals and only giving 10 days for payment. Anyway, I don't know why they are favoring some people over others as many applications that were submitted after mine got approved for last ceremony and I am still waiting, applied in Aug2016.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:56 am

I have just received the following respond to my question

"It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay. While most cases are now
generally processed within six months, the nature of the naturalisation
process is such that, for a broad range of reasons, some cases will take
longer than others to process. In some instances, completing the necessary
checks can take a considerable period of time. It is not possible,
therefore to provide you with a more definite answer"

Applied more than a year ago, no court/fine or any social welfare.
It looks as the naturalization system in I Ireland system is getting back to its old time where the processing might take three years or more.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:46 am

well their is no right answer to it except just wait for the decision if your lucky you will get sooner then later but a decision will be reached eventually.

you cant fight it there is no right to citizenship also you cant fight the process because they rely on information and reports from other depts and authorities so many organisations involved in 1 process.

make your peace with it and wait patiently you have no other option
a personal opinion do not follow other people time lines to match with yours at least for now they will get their approvals while your waiting is only going to annoy you and dishearten you.

i have seen your post complaining about your delay and i feel your anxiousness therefore decided to lecture you :lol: :lol:

i have the same time line as yours im still waiting too patiently :)

hope this will help you

thanks