ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help about eea application pls

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sidali42
Wales

I need help about eea application pls

Post by Sidali42 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:02 pm

D hello guys. I applied for eea resident card as i'm illegal in the uk and my wife is polish . Now i've got problem with house where i'm living now . Someone wants to rent studio flat for me but the guy is getting this studio benefit can this one make problem for my application or not ? Help me guys pls .

Sidali42
Wales

Re: I need help about eea application pls

Post by Sidali42 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:40 pm

Any help guys . Pls ?

nikt88
Newly Registered

Post by nikt88 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:28 am

Hello sidali . The same, polish with algerian. We tried before to rent 1 bedroom flat from some polish guy, but it was a council flat and he said we can't use address for this flat because council will see he is renting this and they will come to knock us out in next half an hour. The same my algerian friend from work, he lived in a council flat but his correspondence used to go on different address. I think better is not to risk.

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 am

Hello. Thanks . But my brother he is living there at the moment and he is using the address normal i'm just asking if its gonna be a problem with ho ?

nikt88
Newly Registered

Post by nikt88 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:20 am

He is taking for this flat benefits ? No idea, maybe will be OK. I thought it's from council.

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:47 am

Mybe the ho can make problem for that . Im confused as I have to move and I can't find cheaper

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Any idea guys ?

ninkas
Poland

Post by ninkas » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:34 pm

nikt88 wrote:Hello sidali . The same, polish with algerian. We tried before to rent 1 bedroom flat from some polish guy, but it was a council flat and he said we can't use address for this flat because council will see he is renting this and they will come to knock us out in next half an hour. The same my algerian friend from work, he lived in a council flat but his correspondence used to go on different address. I think better is not to risk.
I do apologise for my input but I just have to write this. Renting out a council property to the others is absolutely disgraceful. The person should be ashamed of himself. Being a tax and a mortgage payer, I thought that councils choose the most vulnerable people as a tenants , people who truly are in need of an accommodation.
Eea +nonEea married couple

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Well if you're paying for the property you should be able to use the address. Use it as you normally would, Don't mess up your life for his actions. The council won't kick you out specifically just because you applied for a visa. If the council ever finds out that your so-called "Landlord" is renting a council property without permission from the council, then he will be fined appropriately.

The guy who is renting out should have thought about all of this before committing fraud. (Which is what he is doing right now.)
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.