ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snehasg
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general dependent

Post by snehasg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Applied for a Tier 2 dependent visa from VFS Kochi on 12 July 2017. The entry clearance stamped on my passport from British high commission chennai is valid till 31 august 2017 ( based on my husbands old visa valid till 31.7.17). His new visa is extended till 15 august 2020 and this was applied on 6.7.17 and approved before I made the application from India( even though he was due to receive his BRP card within a week ). I reached U.K. On 27 July 2017 and was asked while submitting my application in India on visa4uk site that I should be collecting my BRP within 10 days of arrival in Uk. Despite many attempts since arrival haven't received my BrP yet.. contacted the home office in Sheffield and they have told it might be an error from India when they stamped the entry clearance e. They haven't checked the records or updated my husbands new visa till 15.8.2020 and has stamped my entry clearance only till 31.8.2017 for which reason I am not being issued a BrP in Uk by the home office here . Now my entry clearance expires in a week. Anyone has any suggestions ???

amj85

Re: Tier 2 general dependent

Post by amj85 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:52 pm

I am not very sure - wait for others to reply.

Did you apply for your entry clearance using your husbands new tier 2 visa (valid till 15th August 2020)?

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:26 pm

To make a dependent application, you need to submit copy of BRP of the main applicant, by your question, it seems that you applied your visa with your husband's old BRP copy, as he has not received his new BRP yet. I am afraid that you have to apply another new visa with the new BRP. I think you can extend your visa while being in the UK.

Although this is not what you want to hear but I think it is probably right.

snehasg
Newly Registered

Post by snehasg » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:29 pm

dear friend,
this does not seem to be a reasonable approach.Essentially i need to apply twice for a callousness on the part of the entry clearance officer.
Are u aware that we can still request home office to look into a erred entrance vignette.I found this link on the gov.uk website
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -sheffield

Kindly advise