ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - EEA Family member - residence requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ekaterinas2016

Naturalisation - EEA Family member - residence requirement

Post by Ekaterinas2016 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:11 am

Hello,
Question re: residence requirement BC (EEA Family member)

My spouce: Italian, holder of PR card (PR status started in 2010), constant employement
Me: non-EEA with PR status gained in Sep-2016 (PR card received March 2017). I am going to apply for BC in October-2017

I am unemployed and we don't claim any benefits, I'm not a student either so I can't provide any of the documents listed in the guide for residency requirement

I do have an old passport (with EEA residence card endorced in my passport) which covers all the last years but I can't find stamps for all the travels as most of travels are to Spain or Italy, hence no stamp

I do have some utility bills, NHS letters , some very brief correspondence with DVLA regarding provisional licence, one letter from DWP about NIN number, NARIC letter about my qualifications but these letters are not regular (single correspondence). I also have hospital notes about my pregnancies and birth of my kids born here in the UK (what i provided during EEA PR application). I have bank statements as well, I guess one can see that I was charged from the local places/shops, but I dont' think they accept it as evidence...

How do I prove my physical presece in the UK last years? I was definitely here with only short absences for visiting family.
Thank you

EEA National
Bulgaria

Re: Naturalisation - EEA Family member - residence requirement

Post by EEA National » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:37 pm

All of the evidence that you stated above look fine to me. With a brief cover letter explaining what you just explain here should be sufficient

Regards

Alecarrey
Newly Registered

Post by Alecarrey » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:44 pm

If you ask for your SAR which was free.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

(in order to know the exact date you have acquired permanent resident right)

And you use the nationality checking service for around £80

You won't need to provide to much.

You will only need:

Passport with the 5years residence on it.
SAR stating the permanent residence right date.
Permanent Residence Card (plastic one)
AN form completed+ Payment.
Passport form completed+Payment.
Photos.
Life in the UK test results letter.
English test result.

This is from my own experience.
Naturalization application joining passport application using NCS on august 15 and I did the biometric fingerprint today already.

Good luck.

Ekaterinas2016

Post by Ekaterinas2016 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Alecarrey wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:44 pm
If you ask for your SAR which was free.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

(in order to know the exact date you have acquired permanent resident right)

Good luck.
Hello, thank you for your detailed answer and help!
I have a letter from home office where they provided a date when I acquired the permanent residence status (it's a date when I first entered the UK with my family permit of a family member of a eea national)
I will probably include this letter to my application.
Do you think SAR will be of additional benefit to my application?
Yes, I definitely will use NCS

Alecarrey
Newly Registered

Post by Alecarrey » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:32 pm

If that letter states clearly the date you have acquired permanent resident right it's enough then.
I asked for SAR because I didn't have such a letter and I was advised to prove the exact date of permanent resident right as isn't the same of permanent residence card issue date.