ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependency visa application time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sddxac
Newly Registered

PBS dependency visa application time

Post by sddxac » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:56 am

I am on ILR via tier 1 general now and I want to extend PBS dependency visa for my wife, does anyone know when is the earliest time she can apply before her current visa expires? Her visa will expired on Feb 2018, is it possible to apply in person from Nov? The reason is that we are planning some travel in Feb 2018 so the earlier we get back the visa, the earlier we can book flight tickets etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependency visa application time

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:24 pm

You can apply early. Simply write a covering letter explaining that you have travel. Should not be an issue as the visa extension will be for 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sddxac
Newly Registered

Post by sddxac » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:30 pm

thanks for your reply. Do you know anyone apply early and get visa? I just dont want to pay the fee and they reject me because i apply earlier. My wife will qualify ILR after 1 year so 3 year extension is quite enough for us.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:39 pm

It should not be a reason to refuse and application. Many members have applied early due to travel in the coming months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.