ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport return timeline after decision is made

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Passport return timeline after decision is made

Post by jkhaliq » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi,
How long does it take to get the passport back from VFS/TLScontact after the decision is made (as per UKVI website status checker when it says 'decided' and you will get your decision within 10 working days)?

I know it might depend on location but any answer would be appreciated especially from people in europe (out of UK applicants).

Thank you!

sech
Newly Registered

Re: Passport return timeline after decision is made

Post by sech » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:47 am

Hello mate,

I am also waiting for my passport to arrive at the center in Hong Kong. I found the status turned to "decided" on 18 August. This is my second application and it is no doubt that I can not get my passport and decision by this week. It is assumed that the passport will be delivered to the center within 10 working days. So, one more week to go.

My initial refused application was managed to deliver on time within 15 working days. I had the application submitted in the center on 26 May. The decision was made on 14 Jun and the passport was delivered to the visa center on 16 Jun. I was refused due to insufficient proof of English.

Hope this gives you some ideas. I am also very panic at this moment.
Take care.

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:24 pm

sech wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:47 am
Hello mate,

I am also waiting for my passport to arrive at the center in Hong Kong. I found the status turned to "decided" on 18 August. This is my second application and it is no doubt that I can not get my passport and decision by this week. It is assumed that the passport will be delivered to the center within 10 working days. So, one more week to go.

My initial refused application was managed to deliver on time within 15 working days. I had the application submitted in the center on 26 May. The decision was made on 14 Jun and the passport was delivered to the visa center on 16 Jun. I was refused due to insufficient proof of English.

Hope this gives you some ideas. I am also very panic at this moment.
Take care.
Hi,
Thanx for the reply. It might be worth to send them an email with all your application and passport detail and tell them to escalate, they might agree.

I applied with my family on 27th july and got my passport on 16th august. Decision was made on 14th august and my family is still waiting for their passports, its so annoying.

iam92
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by iam92 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:15 am

jkhaliq wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:09 pm
Hi,
How long does it take to get the passport back from VFS/TLScontact after the decision is made (as per UKVI website status checker when it says 'decided' and you will get your decision within 10 working days)?

I know it might depend on location but any answer would be appreciated especially from people in europe (out of UK applicants).

Thank you!
I am also currently waiting for the passport. Per UKVI website checker, my application has been decided since 22 Aug but up to now no email/sms sent by them. Even no emails come to tell me that my application has been decided!

sech
Newly Registered

Post by sech » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:55 am

Dear all,

I finally got my passport on 29 Aug 2017 with a visa stamp on it. It takes me 23 working days to get my visa.

Here is my timeline:
27 Jul - Visa submitted
16 Aug - Email: No straightforward
18 Aug - Email: Application remained under consideration
18 Aug - Online tracking status showed "Decided"
28 Aug - Arrived at visa center
29 Aug - Delivered by carrier

Wish you all good luck in the visa application. Take care.
iam92 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:15 am
jkhaliq wrote:
Hi,

Thank you!
I am also currently waiting for the passport. Per UKVI website checker, my application has been decided since 22 Aug but up to now no email/sms sent by them. Even no emails come to tell me that my application has been decided!

iam92
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by iam92 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:00 am

sech wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:55 am
Dear all,

I finally got my passport on 29 Aug 2017 with a visa stamp on it. It takes me 23 working days to get my visa.

Here is my timeline:
27 Jul - Visa submitted

iam92 wrote:
jkhaliq wrote:
Hi,

Thank you!
Hi sech, did you get any email/sms which informed that your application has been decided? Or you just know by checking to the online tracking?

sech
Newly Registered

Post by sech » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:15 am

No, I did not subscribe for the SMS service.
I check the status using the online tracking system with my GWF no.
iam92 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:00 am
sech wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:55 am
Dear all,

Here is my timeline:
27 Jul - Visa submitted

iam92 wrote:
jkhaliq wrote:
Hi,

Thank you!
Hi sech, did you get any email/sms which informed that your application has been decided? Or you just know by checking to the online tracking?

iam92
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by iam92 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:30 am

Oh great, so you receive email only when they inform that the passport can be collected at visa centre right?
sech wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:15 am

sech
Newly Registered

Post by sech » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 am

Yes, the message is like this:

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - gwfxxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/28/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Hope it helps.
iam92 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:30 am
Oh great, so you receive email only when they inform that the passport can be collected at visa centre right?
sech wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:15 am

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi Guys,
In my case, I submitted the passport on 27th July, decided on 14th and got passports on 16th, However, my wife and daughter submitted at the same time and decision was made on the same day but they have not received their passports till today. I called them multiple times and also sent them email but of no use, yesterday I called again and told him the situation and he told me that he will 'urgent escalate' the case, uptill now no email/call has been received from anybody. waiting to get the passports ASAP as it is killing me now,

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:02 am

Guys,
Is there a way to contact to somebody who has information in UKVI??? somebody who can do something.

apparently the enquiry email and the guys over the phone know nothing, the only thing they can do is to escalate the case and the escalation takes 15 working days!! utter non sense.

mcardls2
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mcardls2 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm

@jkhaliq What happened in the end? How did you get the passports and how long did it take?

I'm in the same situation now exactly. Waiting 2 weeks since the passport was returned to VFS office. Starting to worry why they are not allowing us to pick it up yet.

jkhaliq wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 pm
Hi Guys,
In my case, I submitted the passport on 27th July, decided on 14th and got passports on 16th, However, my wife and daughter submitted at the same time and decision was made on the same day but they have not received their passports till today. I called them multiple times and also sent them email but of no use, yesterday I called again and told him the situation and he told me that he will 'urgent escalate' the case, uptill now no email/call has been received from anybody. waiting to get the passports ASAP as it is killing me now,