ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I got ILR after UK Tier 1 and my wife needs an extension for Tier 1 dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mailkaleru
Newly Registered
India

I got ILR after UK Tier 1 and my wife needs an extension for Tier 1 dependent visa

Post by mailkaleru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi Sir/team, I got my ILR on 16th August 2016. My wife and son got their UK Tier 1 dependent visa on 15th March 2015 when i am in UK on Tier 1 and is their visas are valid till 17th September 2017.

Can i apply for their UK tier 1 partner / dependent visa extension for my wife and son now despite me already having an ILR now?
It would be 2 forms to fill please confirm.

I have 2 UK bank accounts (I am sole account holder) and in last 3 months there was one day where one of the Bank account had only 530gbp in it and the other account had more than 1000GBP (This account has a balance range from 100gbp to 10kgbp but not always above 630gbp in last 3 months). can i show both the Bank account statements at the same to prove the minimum balance of 650GBP at any given time in last 3 months?

Is there an option for in-person premium service for dependents only and how much does it cost? As only 3 weeks left for their visas to expire is it possible to travel back to India and apply for their Tier 1 extension from India?
FLRM form seems to require many details like correspondence letters etc (6 items) which i dont think i can produce now.

Casa

Re: I got ILR after UK Tier 1 and my wife needs an extension for Tier 1 dependent visa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Under which route were you granted ILR? 5 year of 10 year long residence :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mailkaleru
Newly Registered
India

Re: I got ILR after UK Tier 1 and my wife needs an extension for Tier 1 dependent visa

Post by mailkaleru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:55 pm

hi, 5 years (Came to Uk on 1st Aug 2011 and received ILR on 16th Aug 2016 )

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Can i apply for their UK tier 1 partner / dependent visa extension for my wife and son now despite me already having an ILR now?
It would be 2 forms to fill please confirm.
Yes you can apply for an extension as Tier 1 General dependents. It will be a 3 year extension and you will have to pay the visa fee PLUS the £600 each for the immigration health surcharge.
I have 2 UK bank accounts (I am sole account holder) and in last 3 months there was one day where one of the Bank account had only 530gbp in it and the other account had more than 1000GBP (This account has a balance range from 100gbp to 10kgbp but not always above 630gbp in last 3 months). can i show both the Bank account statements at the same to prove the minimum balance of 650GBP at any given time in last 3 months?
You can use two bank statements to show the maintenance funds for BOTH applicants. Funds must have been held for the full 90 days.
Is there an option for in-person premium service for dependents only and how much does it cost? As only 3 weeks left for their visas to expire is it possible to travel back to India and apply for their Tier 1 extension from India?
Yes they can apply in person. They will have to pay an additional £590 each (plus visa fee plus IHS) to use the in person service
FLRM form seems to require many details like correspondence letters etc (6 items) which i dont think i can produce now.
You require the same cohabitation and subsisting relationship documents for the tier 1 general dependent visa. However, FLR(M) will reset their clock to zero and a NEW 5 year residence period (2 x 2.5 year visas) before they will qualify for ILR. If they apply on FLR(M), they will lose the time they have already spent in the UK and cannot use it towards the new 5 year period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mailkaleru
Newly Registered
India

Post by mailkaleru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi, thanks a lot for the response. If i apply for their extension it will take at least 3 months (correct me if i am wrong) and their visas will expire on 17th Sept 2017, They can continue to stay till they have revised visa rite and with expired visa / rejection couple of months latter for some reason will there be a problem in moving back to India?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:46 pm

They must apply before their visa expires. Their existing visa conditions continue as long as they apply before expiry. Postal takes roughly 8 weeks but could take more.

No isse if refused (for whatever reason) and they leave immediately. They will be given 14 days to make another application so not sure why you are extending if planning to move to India.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mailkaleru
Newly Registered
India

Post by mailkaleru » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi team, Thanks for the help so far.
IHS fees for my wife and son in total would be 1200GBP rite?
Thanks,
Raj.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Yes, £600 per applicant for a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)