ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

M2sam

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by M2sam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 pm

paulakh wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:10 pm
M2sam wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 am
paulakh wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:51 am
Hi ,
Is there any body who's applied in march and got email case not straight forward. and got there visa been granted ? my wife applied on 9th march , sent document on 13th march and got documents back on 15th march . Recieved email on 3rd June for case not straight forward. rang them lots off time and they say awaiting decision since 4th June. Escalated case 3 times and got reply still waiting for decision. it is more then 6 months gone now. Please reply , if somebody got visa like our case.
Paulakh
Did you count the 6 months as in 180 days or 24 weeks? I also have the same case as you. Contact your MP.
biometric was on 9th march so its 26 weeks , i have contacted local mp 7 weeks ago , she sent a email to ho and no reply yet . give up now
Thanks Paulakh, just keep on chasing, because it is over their allotted time.

M2sam

Post by M2sam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:28 pm

M2sam wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 pm
paulakh wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:10 pm
M2sam wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 am
paulakh wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:51 am
Hi ,
Is there any body who's applied in march and got email case not straight forward. and got there visa been granted ? my wife applied on 9th march , sent document on 13th march and got documents back on 15th march . Recieved email on 3rd June for case not straight forward. rang them lots off time and they say awaiting decision since 4th June. Escalated case 3 times and got reply still waiting for decision. it is more then 6 months gone now. Please reply , if somebody got visa like our case.
Paulakh
Did you count the 6 months as in 180 days or 24 weeks? I also have the same case as you. Contact your MP.
biometric was on 9th march so its 26 weeks , i have contacted local mp 7 weeks ago , she sent a email to ho and no reply yet . give up now
Thanks Paulakh, just keep on chasing, because it is over their allotted time.
sorry Paulakh, so its the weeks you counted, so 19'th Sept will hit the 24th week, boy this is long!

M2sam

Post by M2sam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:29 pm

rijab wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:42 am
Geet1328 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:36 am
rijab wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:34 am
i have applied on 20th march only received a case not straight forward email on 15th June nothing else. am really worried do pray for me.
Have you escalated your case ? Did you involve your mp!
we have sent email for escalation but no response till now but now we are making an appointment with our mp.
Rijab, When did you put the escalation in? we did and we got a reply

M2sam

Post by M2sam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:06 am
M2sam wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 am
Hi my Biometric was on the 04/04
I am getting a little confused with the calculations. I wanted to see when the 6 month is completed.
In 6 months its 24 weeks so according to calculation that's 18/09. 24 weeks is 168 days.
If we say 1 month is 30 days, times that by 6 that is 180 days the end would be 4 october.
So question is how do we count the 6 months? Sorry if I wrote unclear.
One week equals to 5 working days that's how they calculate it. So 120 working days means nearly 6 months
Thank you Sydvir. I remeber you that you put an escalation and you did not get an email, I got an email from my escalation. How about you?

aysun90
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by aysun90 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:06 pm

eternale wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:16 pm
aysun90 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:49 pm
eternale wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:39 am
I gave biometrics 8th of may and havent heard from them at all.. I applied with non priority. I am surprised because they normally send email after 60 business days. When our lawyer send email to them, we got auto responds which says nothing about my aplication. My husband contacted to his MP. this is their reply
"Information was requested from the Sheffield division on Friday but nothing has come back as yet. They are not sure whether eternale’s case is going to be referred for a Supreme Court Judgement. If it is then I’m afraid there could be a further delay. "

there is no kids involved, my husband earns much more than enough money than whats required and plus this just cant happen, they have needed to contact us..
i feel really lost and frustrated. Not only waiting for this long but we cant reach anyone for any updates :cry:
hi, i applied from istanbul on 15th may. is your husband doing 2 jobs?
no he doesnt. We have a strong case so it really doesnt make any sense tbh. And today a person who applied a month after me with non priority got his visa! He is from Turkey too.. I dont understand how they dont look into cases with an order!
Guessing you also havent applied with priority?
no i applied priority. its so frustrating that we cant find no information about how they work. where are you from btw , :)
Last edited by CR001 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of non English phrase and posters name.

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:20 pm

:) Hi all
Just sharing my case.
Biometric done 15May my online application was received at Sheffield at 24May. It's been almost 4months I and my partner not received an email from them since, not even one. I have also try tracking my application status but any of my reference number is not recognised... I am so confused what's going on.. I know many of you here applied since Dec.2016 till now don't get any news to there visa and that's worry me. :?

I wish we all get good news in the end of longgggg wait...

Good luck guy's

aysun90
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by aysun90 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Ace87 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:20 pm
Just sharing my case.
Biometric done 15May my online application was received at Sheffield at 24May. It's been almost 4months I and my partner not received an email from them since, not even one. I have also try tracking my application status but any of my reference number is not recognised... I am so confused what's going on.. I know many of you here applied since Dec.2016 till now don't get any news to there visa and that's worry me. :?

Good luck guy's
i applied on 15th may too, i had not straight forward email, and phone call from Home office. they told me over the phone that it wont take weeks now as he had my case with him, but here i am still waiting and waiting... this was 3 weeks ago!

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:20 pm

It's so sad that many of us are waiting from Q4'16 Q1'17,
I have completed 125 working days since biometric and have sent an email to the local MP on Monday.
Our case is escalated post 60 working days and have got case not straight forward on 58th working day.
Haven't received any calls from HO.
There has been no explanation given for the case not straight forward despite asking them for reasons.
They reply with standard answer that the application is under consideration and awaiting decision.

Hope we get our visa soon.

aysun90
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by aysun90 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:18 pm

usually the main reasons we get complicated email are;
2 jobs ( they are investigation whether if the 2nd one is genuine)
other financially not meeting the criteria which i cant think of
not believing the marriage (not enough proof that you are married and its again a genuine marriage)
kids
2nd marriages

smartawan
Newly Registered

Post by smartawan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:55 pm

We collected passport yesterday and Visa is granted. Good luck to everyone and I hope you all hear back soon.

I already had two children with my previous relationship in the UK. I also have just one job with £20,000 annual income. I got 'not straightforward' email on 29th Aug 2017 and then I got really worried. But then 6 days later, I got application processed email.

Full timeline as below:

Application Category: Spouse - Wife (Non-priority)
Application Submitted Online: 21/05/2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) : 09/06/2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On : 12/06/2017

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): No

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : yes
Contacted For Collection :06/09/17
Collection Made : 07/09/17
Decision Of Application :Granted (Alhamdulillah)
Validity Of Visa: 07/09/17- 07/10/17

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:04 pm

aysun90 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:42 pm
Ace87 wrote:
Just sharing my case.

Good luck guy's
i applied on 15th may too, i had not straight forward email, and phone call from Home office. they told me over the phone that it wont take weeks now as he had my case with him, but here i am still waiting and waiting... this was 3 weeks ago!

Lucky that you have email and phone call,
As my case we don't receive any since the last email that Sheffield received my online application.
We we're planning to send them an email regarding my application status for the first time, I hope we get proper helpful response from HO.

Please do inform when you get good news,
I will share mine if get any news good luck for as all.. :)

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:26 pm

smartawan wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:55 pm
We collected passport yesterday and Visa is granted. Good luck to everyone and I hope you all hear back soon.

I already had two children with my previous relationship in the UK. I also have just one job with £20,000 annual income. I got 'not straightforward' email on 29th Aug 2017 and then I got really worried. But then 6 days later, I got application processed email.

Full timeline as below:

Application Category: Spouse - Wife (Non-priority)
Application Submitted Online: 21/05/2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) : 09/06/2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On : 12/06/2017

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): No

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : yes
Contacted For Collection :06/09/17
Collection Made : 07/09/17
Decision Of Application :Granted (Alhamdulillah)
Validity Of Visa: 07/09/17- 07/10/17

Hi smartawan
Congratulation for receiving your visa.
But questions about the validity coz I don't get it.
Your spouse visa valid only 1month?
You write 7/09/17 - 7/10/17
In words 7 September 2017 - 7 October 2017
I am so confused we wait this long just to get 1month validity? All I know for the spouse visa valid for 2years and 6month. Then you have to apply again.

Sorry just noticing and confusing me.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:37 pm

Ace87 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Hi smartawan
Congratulation for receiving your visa.
But questions about the validity coz I don't get it.
Your spouse visa valid only 1month?
You write 7/09/17 - 7/10/17
In words 7 September 2017 - 7 October 2017
I am so confused we wait this long just to get 1month validity? All I know for the spouse visa valid for 2years and 6month. Then you have to apply again.

Sorry just noticing and confusing me.
This is only vignette in which you are required to travel to uk. Then within 10 days after your arrival you pick BRP card from your chosen post office which will be for 33 months. That is your visa.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:00 am

Smartawan
Thank you for the info I will keep that in mind.
Once again congratulations .. :D

alvish
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by alvish » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:55 am

After 7 months we were just refused last week. On the plus side the decisions are being made so the wait is over. I wrote a bit about our experience throughout this ordeal.

weblink removed

We were refused on insufficient evidence of finances and incomes not being on the “permitted non-employment source list”. We are both independent location workers so it's extremely hard to pull together what is necessary, So, for now, we're giving up,

Chris69
Newly Registered

Post by Chris69 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:16 am

denghao3 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:53 am
Chris69 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:00 am
Hi, I applied in March of 2017. Its been 128 working days today. Between my fiance and myself we have called the call center multiple times to ask for a status or even an approximate time. They don't really seem to have any idea. They are "just a call center" and can tell us only whats showing on the system.
Is there a way to get my passport back and to apply for a visit visa while the settlement visa is going on?
Its been 6 months and still no answer. :(
Hi,
I applied in 30th march, same here, fiance visa, and been 100 working days.
i had same thinking with u, cause i was plan get marry in august, my plan is cancel fiance visa apply marriage visitor visa go get marry first. but my solicitor stopped me, she said it not gonna work cause u already submit fiance, if you apply marriage visa now, think HO will delay or refuse you. and another point is u already waiting 6 months, maybe ur visa just soon. thats all.
by the way her advice just chasing MP. i would like to call my MP again today, cause she waiting HO reply since the week before. think this is the only way to chasing your application.
dont waste money in calling center. such a shit!!!
Today completes 135 working days ie 27 weeks and still no news on my visa.
Is it true that back log for everyone will be cleared by Sept 2017?

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi all

Just wondering. Again it's been 90 working days since my biometric done and it's over 60 working days that I should receive my passport back with result. But I don't receive any emails from HO to explain what is the reason of the delayed. Don't even receive an "on hold" or not straight forward email. Not even ONE email. It is really confusing and worrying me what is going on. No update at all about the status of my application.

So sad..
But am not losing hope to get a good news.

Eka
Newly Registered
Burundi

Re: Decision approved finally

Post by Eka » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Guys, decision finally approved, my local MP pushed them one more last time last week and was told that i would be getting an email in 2 weeks time and a decision was made the following day.
Thanks for your prayers guys.

quote=abhachandel post_id=1530590 time=1504624667 user_id=133726]
Hi All

I have couple of questions on my visa if any one can help. I did biometric on 2nd June 2017 and still waiting

1. I never recieve any mail even after 60 working days that my application is on hold. We really have no visibility as of now. Every one got on hold application after 60 working days ?

2. When we contacted our local mp office first answer was , Home office was waiting for your documents then in reply of that we send all the proof of scanning service we used to send documents. So they asked to wait for a week and now this week got answer that home office will reply to MP query between 28 Aug - 25 Sep that is 20 working days more. Going to solicitor will help in any case now ??

3. If I withdraw my application and go on visitor visa , and we will return back to India for good after that , as my husband is waiting for his citizenship so he can not return back immediately. Any chances of getting visitor visa refused ??

4. We just submitted our marriage certificate , nothing else as a proof of relationship. Can that be a reason of refusal but we do mention that we know each other from past 4 years and we met in UK only. Its not a arranged marriage

5. He is director of his company , we submitted all of his bank accounts , salary slips but did not mention how company details or anything . Is this the reason of such long delay ?
[/quote]

aysun90
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by aysun90 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:51 pm

Ace87 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:04 pm
aysun90 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:42 pm
Ace87 wrote:
Just sharing my case.

Good luck guy's

Lucky that you have email and phone call,
As my case we don't receive any since the last email that Sheffield received my online application.
We we're planning to send them an email regarding my application status for the first time, I hope we get proper helpful response from HO.

Please do inform when you get good news,
I will share mine if get any news good luck for as all.. :)
I emailed my MP and they said that they will be dealing with it on Monday, so lets see what she is going to do.
I will let you know once we hear anything, good luck to you too xx

TAS01
Newly Registered

Post by TAS01 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:23 pm

Should I wait full 90 days before contacting my MP?

M2sam

Post by M2sam » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:50 am

TAS01 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:23 pm
Hi you should wait the full 24 weeks, as their stated time scales. How many weeks have passed for you?

M2sam

Post by M2sam » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:51 am

Any one get an escalation email? After emailing did any of you get a response from HO?

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 am

Yes after 10 working days of escalation they replied, "as we have earlier advised that your case is being considered and has not been straight forward." The standard message. There is no explanation given as to why it's not straight forward.

Biometric-15/3/17
Documents received at Sheffield- 17/3/17
Case not straight forward email- 8/6/17
Emailed MP- 3/9/17(after waiting for 120 days)
Decision- awaiting

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:08 am

M2sam wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:50 am
TAS01 wrote:
Hi you should wait the full 24 weeks, as their stated time scales. How many weeks have passed for you?
Hi
Really confused ... so now 12 weeks does not exist now it takes 24 weeks for all applications

hadeea
Mood:

Post by hadeea » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:29 am

Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:08 am
M2sam wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:50 am
TAS01 wrote:
Hi
Really confused ... so now 12 weeks does not exist now it takes 24 weeks for all applications
in my case its 34th week from 19/1/2017, still no reply, in my case i just applied after after few weeks of my marriage, may b this is the reson of delay otherwise no objection raised on my case,